Peter identifies Jesus as our God and Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, you believe Thomas I believe Jesus. You think following Thomas is better than following Jesus.
I certainly believe Jesus and Thomas who knew Jesus personally. That's why Thomas called Jesus "my God" and Jesus didn't rebuke Thomas. I believe Peter too who said to Jesus, "Lord you know all things", you know that I love you. ONLY God knows all things!

Reactions: Philip James

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

2 Peter 1:11
and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

our God and Savior, Jesus Christ

our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

We have a second person possessive pronoun "Our" modifying two different improper nouns (God and Savior) joined by "and" (Kia) to identify a proper noun (Jesus) [Granville/Sharp's]. Therefore, by basic grammar, we are identifying Jesus as God and Savior. We don't even have to know the Greek to see that Jesus is being called both God and Savior/ Lord and Savior in Peters 2nd Epistle.

But for those interested in the Greek here is the comparison of 1:1 and 1:11.

τοῦ is the same.
ἡμῶν is the same.
καὶ is the same.
Σωτῆρος is the same.
Ἰησοῦ is the same.
Χριστοῦ· is the same.

And all in the same order as we see above , the construction is the same.

The only difference is the noun "Θεοῦ" in v.1, while "Κυρίου" is in v.11.

So if he wants to deny that Jesus is "God" ("theou") in v.1, then he has to deny that Jesus is "Lord" ("kuriou") in v.11. Otherwise he's being inconsistent and dishonest with the text. To say otherwise is proof positive one has an agenda when reading scripture and using eisegesis rather than exegesis of the biblical text in question.

hope this helps !!!

Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

our God and Savior, Jesus Christ

our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

We have a second person possessive pronoun "Our" modifying two different improper nouns (God and Savior) joined by "and" (Kia) to identify a proper noun (Jesus) [Granville/Sharp's]. Therefore, by basic grammar, we are identifying Jesus as God and Savior. We don't even have to know the Greek to see that Jesus is being called both God and Savior/ Lord and Savior in Peters 2nd Epistle.

But for those interested in the Greek here is the comparison of 1:1 and 1:11.

τοῦ is the same.
ἡμῶν is the same.
καὶ is the same.
Σωτῆρος is the same.
Ἰησοῦ is the same.
Χριστοῦ· is the same.

And all in the same order as we see above , the construction is the same.

The only difference is the noun "Θεοῦ" in v.1, while "Κυρίου" is in v.11.

So if he wants to deny that Jesus is "God" ("theou") in v.1, then he has to deny that Jesus is "Lord" ("kuriou") in v.11. Otherwise he's being inconsistent and dishonest with the text. To say otherwise is proof positive one has an agenda when reading scripture and using eisegesis rather than exegesis of the biblical text in question.

hope this helps !!!
Peter indeed knew that Jesus is God!

John 21:17 (NKJV)
17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You."

ONLY God knows all things!

Reactions: ChristisGod

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Barney admits he believes he's a god! Let's see, you believe you're a god and Michael is your savior. Sounds like a path to Hell fire!
There you go again twisting what I say. I said Jesus said the judges of Israel were gods. Nowhere did I say I was or I thought I was a god, but it's typical of you to twist what someone says.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go again twisting what I say. I said Jesus said the judges of Israel were gods. Nowhere did I say I was or I thought I was a god, but it's typical of you to twist what someone says.
When you avoid answering questions like plague your silence gives the answer. Are you a god? Is Michael your savior?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you avoid answering questions like plague your silence gives the answer. Are you a god? Is Michael your savior?

You want to continue twisting what I say then go ahead. The fact you twist what someone says shows your not behaving like a christian.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you still didn't deny it! And you didn't deny that Michael is your savior! A real Christian would deny it immediately!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you still didn't deny it! And you didn't deny that Michael is your savior! A real Christian would deny it immediately!

You don't go by scripture kcnalp, you interpret the scriptures with your ideas of what you think the scriptures are saying.
The scriptures when speaking of the resurrection of the dead, when Jesus begins resurrecting the righteous and unrighteous, the scriptures show the Only-Begotten Son of God Jesus Christ to be the only one who God has given the keys of death and hades. When Jesus was on earth he revealed the authority that God had invested in him when Jesus said at John 5:26,27 "For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted also to the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him to do judging because son of man he is. So the question that should be on anyone's mind if you do believe we should use our minds and not blindly believe something that someone tells you to believe, is why is Jesus commanding call at the time of the resurrection likened to the Archangel voice? You see Paul is using the phrase, "the archangel voice" concerning Jesus commanding call to show the kind of authority Jesus has. So why does he likens Jesus commanding call to the archangel voice. Paul definitely wouldn't say anything to diminish or detract from the authority that has only been given to the Only-Begotten Son Jesus Christ.
If this archangel here isn't Jesus Christ then saying or describing Jesus commanding call to the archangel voice would be inappropriate because it would liken Jesus authority to someone who has far less authority than that of the Son of God. So since the only name that is given to the archangel is Michael then yes Michael and Jesus Christ are the same person.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't go by scripture kcnalp, you interpret the scriptures with your ideas of what you think the scriptures are saying.
Didn't Kingdom Hall tell you what will happen to "all liars"? Let me help you.

Revelation 21:8 (NKJV)
8 All liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

The scriptures when speaking of the resurrection of the dead, when Jesus begins resurrecting the righteous and unrighteous, the scriptures show the Only-Begotten Son of God Jesus Christ to be the only one who God has given the keys of death and hades. When Jesus was on earth he revealed the authority that God had invested in him when Jesus said at John 5:26,27 "For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted also to the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him to do judging because son of man he is. So the question that should be on anyone's mind if you do believe we should use our minds and not blindly believe something that someone tells you to believe, is why is Jesus commanding call at the time of the resurrection likened to the Archangel voice? You see Paul is using the phrase, "the archangel voice" concerning Jesus commanding call to show the kind of authority Jesus has. So why does he likens Jesus commanding call to the archangel voice. Paul definitely wouldn't say anything to diminish or detract from the authority that has only been given to the Only-Begotten Son Jesus Christ.
If this archangel here isn't Jesus Christ then saying or describing Jesus commanding call to the archangel voice would be inappropriate because it would liken Jesus authority to someone who has far less authority than that of the Son of God. So since the only name that is given to the archangel is Michael then yes Michael and Jesus Christ are the same person.
So Michael is your savior! And so you believe you're a god?

You know you're parroting Kingdom Hall!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Michael is your savior! And so you believe you're a god?
The scriptures show that some of Gods servants go by more than one name. So Jesus Christ is my saviour but that doesn't mean he doesn't have another name, he had another name before becoming human.
I never said I was a god. You are saying I said that but you will find nothing that I texted where I said I was a god or that I believed I was.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures show that some of Gods servants go by more than one name. So Jesus Christ is my saviour but that doesn't mean he doesn't have another name, he had another name before becoming human.
So give us Scripture that says Michael is Jesus.
I never said I was a god. You are saying I said that but you will find nothing that I texted where I said I was a god or that I believed I was.
Stop lying! I asked you a question! And you still haven't denied that you believe you're a god.