Peter identifies Jesus as our God and Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ was predestined to come to earth, he wasn't an afterthought by God in order to rectify man's fall. Christ is making this point clear, that God had anticipated to glorify Christ prior to his birth. John's prologue is making the same affirmation. Christ's mystery in his chronology, not in his ontology.
first thanks for the reply, second, ERROR, Christ is not a MYSTERY, God, the LORD JESUS, the ordinal First of himself, being the First prophet, fortold of his Coming in Genesis 1:26 when he made man. and this prophecy was confirmed by his apostle Paul, TWICE. and John TWICE, in John 1:1, and
1 John 1:1-4. Paul, Romans 5:14b, and 1 Corinthians 15:45. so there is no mystery there. so that's dismissed.

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well, there must be criteria or boundaries, of course, otherwise we end up with universalism. You were surprised at my audacity in asserting what I thought the parameters to be. I think that it's rather safe to conclude that there is only one God, and that there are no others before Him, 1st Commandment. Thus, the minute that we call anyone else God, no matter have we try to disguise or convolute it, we have committed the most egregious infraction against God, by defying the most fundamental principle of our existence and His glory.
oh, but i have no doubt that that is what we all do? And if even the Roman Centurion can be praised for his faith, im not sure your exclusion of trinitarians, etc, is going to fly wadr. Yah does not judge like we do i guess

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is cute g, but it amounts to a way to say "i know how to interpret, and you dont," sorry
first thanks for the reply, second, you could have kept that to yourself. ....... but since you mention this, it must be helping you out then. so keep on reading and learning... thanks... :D

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christophany says:
We have a second person possessive pronoun "Our" modifying two different improper nouns (God and Savior) joined by "and" (Kia) to identify a proper noun (Jesus) [Granville/Sharp's]. Therefore, by basic grammar, we are identifying Jesus as God and Savior. We don't even have to know the Greek to see that Jesus is being called both God and Savior/ Lord and Savior in Peters 2nd Epistle.[/Quote\]

In the greek language of texts such at Titus 2:13; 2Peter1:1,2 we find two nouns connected by καί (kai, “and”), the first noun being preceded by the definite article τοῦ (tou, “of the”) and the second noun without the definite article. This construction found in 2Pe 1:1, 2, at vs 2, a clear distinction is made between God and Jesus. This indicates that when two distinct persons are connected by καί, if the first person is preceded by the definite article, "of the" it is not necessary to repeat the definite article before the second person. Examples of this construction in the Greek text are found in Ac 13:50; 15:22; Eph 5:5; 2Th 1:12; 1Ti 5:21; 6:13; 2Ti 4:1.

Therefore, in Tit 2:13, and 2Peter 2:1,2 two distinct persons, Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, are mentioned. Throughout the Holy Scriptures it is not possible to identify Jehovah and Jesus as being the same individual.

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Christophany says:
We have a second person possessive pronoun "Our" modifying two different improper nouns (God and Savior) joined by "and" (Kia) to identify a proper noun (Jesus) [Granville/Sharp's]. Therefore, by basic grammar, we are identifying Jesus as God and Savior. We don't even have to know the Greek to see that Jesus is being called both God and Savior/ Lord and Savior in Peters 2nd Epistle.[/Quote\]

In the greek language of texts such at Titus 2:13; 2Peter1:1,2 we find two nouns connected by καί (kai, “and”), the first noun being preceded by the definite article τοῦ (tou, “of the”) and the second noun without the definite article. This construction found in 2Pe 1:1, 2, at vs 2, a clear distinction is made between God and Jesus. This indicates that when two distinct persons are connected by καί, if the first person is preceded by the definite article, "of the" it is not necessary to repeat the definite article before the second person. Examples of this construction in the Greek text are found in Ac 13:50; 15:22; Eph 5:5; 2Th 1:12; 1Ti 5:21; 6:13; 2Ti 4:1.

Therefore, in Tit 2:13, and 2Peter 2:1,2 two distinct persons, Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, are mentioned. Throughout the Holy Scriptures it is not possible to identify Jehovah and Jesus as being the same individual.
Of course Barney. They are distinct. The father is not the son, the inivisible is not the visible. But both are in spirit one.
You understand?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Watch Tower overrules the Christian Bible for JW's. They TWIST nearly every Scripture to where the are not recognizable, exactly what Satan loves!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course Barney. They are distinct. The father is not the son, the inivisible is not the visible. But both are in spirit one.
You understand?

I'm simply saying that God and Jesus are not the same person, neither does Peter say so. The only way that God and Jesus is one is united as one in a common purpose.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm simply saying that God and Jesus are not the same person,
Who created you? Jesus is God of the Bible, the Creator.
John 1:1-3 (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him;
Jesus is God of the Bible regardless of Watchtower lies!
neither does Peter say so.
Yes he does.
John 21:17 (NKJV)
17 "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You."
The only way that God and Jesus is one is united as one in a common purpose.
You don't even believe you own NWT!
NWT John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

And Jesus Himself said:

John 10:
[30] I and my father are one.

(If a person has to ask one what, they are already behind the eight ball).

Glory to God,
Taken

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who created you? Jesus is God of the Bible, the Creator.
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him;
Jesus is God of the Bible regardless of Watchtower lies!

Yes he does.
John 21:17 (NKJV)
17 "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You."

You don't even believe you own NWT!
NWT John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".

No, that's just kcnalp belief, not what Peter says. You will never agree with greek grammar. Because of that you'll always be wrong.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm simply saying that God and Jesus are not the same person, neither does Peter say so. The only way that God and Jesus is one is united as one in a common purpose.

You miss the BIG SPIRITUAL PICTURE.
God is Spirit.
Earthly men are People/Person's.

God is Ultimate Light/ Supreme POWER.

You have the power to open your mouth, send your words out of your mouth...
Make your words appear in ink on paper.
Make your words be heard in Ears.
(Are your SENT out words NOT still your words, still you?)
Men come to this forum, with pseudo Names.
They are Giving a NAME of their choosing to their own Words.

You think God not Powerful enough to Send His Word out of His Mouth and Make His Word APPEAR in A BODY God Prepared....and that Body BE IN THE "LIKENESS" as an Earthly man?

Because Scripture teaches, THAT ^ is exactly what God Did! God gave Him a Name, gave Him Titles, gave Him things to Accomplish...

Gods Word is God, inasmuch as your word is you.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Waiting on him

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

And Jesus Himself said:

John 10:
[30] I and my father are one.

(If a person has to ask one what, they are already behind the eight ball).

Glory to God,
Taken

God forbid you not only take in all scripture talking about Jesus but also take it in context. Jesus also prayed that his disciples be one as he and the Father are one. So since Jesus says we are to be one as Jesus and his Father are one that means, what? That I and all other Christian individuals are the same person? Or maybe you believe because Jesus prayed that his disciples be one as his Father and Jesus is one he was saying that his disciples and Jesus Father are the same person too.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God forbid you not only take in all scripture talking about Jesus but also take it in context. Jesus also prayed that his disciples be one as he and the Father are one. So since Jesus says we are to be one as Jesus and his Father are one that means, what? That I and all other Christian individuals are the same person? Or maybe you believe because Jesus prayed that his disciples be one as his Father and Jesus is one he was saying that his disciples and Jesus Father are the same person too.
JW's avoid Scripture like plague.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would be very surprised if you took me at my word with what you believe. But like it or not, we serve an Ultra-Supernatural God, who gave His Son to die for our sins, not to merely take the punishment for our sins so we could remain slaves to sin, but to recreate our character to be like that of His Son, because of the supernatural seed He plants within those whom He regenerates and makes them new creatures in Christ. 1 John 3:9. I'm going to send you what happened to me on that night in 1977, so look for mail in your inbox.
I've always considered these Christian attributes to be something that would come to full fruition, when Christ returns.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is my God. Are you sure you don't want to retract that statement?
No, I prefer to reiterate and emphasize it.
One cannot be saved if they deify any other being than God the Father. All other forms of divine ascription are blasphemous.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I prefer to reiterate and emphasize it.
One cannot be saved if they deify any other being than God the Father. All other forms of divine ascription are blasphemous.
But Jesus is God the Creator.
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him;

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't know?
Yes I know. I read the Bible.
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him;