Peter identifies Jesus as our God and Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is supreme over all things seen and unseen, including Christ. Christ is supreme above all things that God created, because God gave them to him and allowed him to preside over them.
ERROR, did you not hear, or read? Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."

how much?

also did you read the "Is the messiah the father himself in flesh?", Post #490.? apparently not.

'm not trying to be evasive, but, in my opinion, you're so off-bas
your oponion? it don't count nor mine. just address the scriptures.

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the only way to heaven is believing in the Messiahship of Jesus Christ - for he who has him, has the Father also (believing in both - to accept one, is to accept the One that sent him).
Jesus only covers sin, he does not tangibly or practically eradicate sin. Authentic Christians are a Motley crew, most of us defame God by our actions and professions, even up to our death bed despite still being saved.

I'll accept the first answer, but you don't understand that the blood of Jesus is more powerful than the blood of bulls and goats what only covers sin. In other words, you don't recognize what it means to be born again of the Spirit of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's amazing people don't understand that JESUS is God.. oh they say it, but yet not understand what they say.

the apostles knew, Acts 2:24 "Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it."

this is a classice example of not understanding what the apostles ment. listen, John 2:19 "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."
John 2:20 "Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?"
John 2:21 "But he spake of the temple of his body."
John 2:22 "When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said."

to the untrained eye, one would say see, GOD the Father raised up Jesus. see, Peter said so. but did one hear what John said in verse 22? "When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said."

if JESUS told them that he was going to raise up his body, and the scriptures said, "his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them" did Peter in Acts 2:24 forgot what the Lord Jesus said? if so then how can we trust Peter in anything else if he forgot an event as rising from the dead?

no, Peter didn't forget, nor Thomas or any of the other disciples. as they declared, "My Lord and my God. so Peter was correct in saying at Acts 2:24 "God" raise him from the dead.

oh if people would just read with the Holy Ghost.

PICJAG

Reactions: Pisteuo

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."
You said it yourself, it was given to him, it is not inherently his

"Is the messiah the father himself in flesh?", Post #490.?
Of course not, that's blasphemy.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'll accept the first answer, but you don't understand that the blood of Jesus is more powerful than the blood of bulls and goats what only covers sin. In other words, you don't recognize what it means to be born again of the Spirit of God.
Yes, I understand your position on the latter view, I recall the previous threads on this. But, I'm sorry, I won't believe it until I either experience it myself, or see it in others. Neither has happened, ever.

Reactions: Waiting on him

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ha ok well ty for letting Yah decide something at least lol
Well, there must be criteria or boundaries, of course, otherwise we end up with universalism. You were surprised at my audacity in asserting what I thought the parameters to be. I think that it's rather safe to conclude that there is only one God, and that there are no others before Him, 1st Commandment. Thus, the minute that we call anyone else God, no matter have we try to disguise or convolute it, we have committed the most egregious infraction against God, by defying the most fundamental principle of our existence and His glory.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said it yourself, it was given to him, it is not inherently his
yes, because, he was G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v. while in the Flesh. but as our Lord said, have you not read... John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." BINGO.

he only Recieved what he had before he dwelt in FLESH... that's basic bible study... called "GLORIFICATION"... my God how hard is it to understand the scriptures.

so you ERROR in not knowing the Scriptures.

PICJAG

ps, oh the possession of God in his Holy Word, I have a reason for that..... :p lol, lol, lol.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G said:
"Is the messiah the father himself in flesh?", Post #490.?
Of course not, that's blasphemy.

ok, if it's blasphemy, point it out then...... :rolleyes:
but you cannot, all talk and no substance.... you have two supreme Gods.... lol, and you call what I posted .... blasphemy .... :eek: YIKES!

I'll be easy on you, with your two Gods, just reconcile John 1:3 with Isaiah 44:24...... you can't even do that... well.

PICJAG

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I understand your position on the latter view, I recall the previous threads on this. But, I'm sorry, I won't believe it until I either experience it myself, or see it in others. Neither has happened, ever.

Believe what? That there is such a thing as being born again with a new nature that hates sin, and loves righteousness. Instead of the carnal nature that loves sin, and hates laws.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yes, because, he was G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v. while in the Flesh. but as our Lord said, have you not read... John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." BINGO.

he only Recieved what he had before he dwelt in FLESH... that's basic bible study... called "GLORIFICATION"... my God how hard is it to understand the scriptures.

so you ERROR in not knowing the Scriptures.

PICJAG

ps, oh the possession of God in his Holy Word, I have a reason for that..... :p lol, lol, lol.
Christ was predestined to come to earth, he wasn't an afterthought by God in order to rectify man's fall. Christ is making this point clear, that God had anticipated to glorify Christ prior to his birth. John's prologue is making the same affirmation. Christ's mystery is in his chronology, not in his ontology.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Believe what? That there is such a thing as being born again with a new nature that hates sin, and loves righteousness. Instead of the carnal nature that loves sin, and hates laws.
Yes, in practice, exactly that, it is not credible, both by experience and by the text. The text is establishing the goal and where the effort should be applied, and the assistance that one will receive from the Holy Spirit when the apply themselves to this attainment. It is not a fact upon conversion, no where near. Like I said, experience and empirical evidence makes this undeniably clear.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, in practice, exactly that, it is not credible, both by experience and by the text. The text is establishing the goal and where the effort should be applied, and the assistance that one will receive from the Holy Spirit when the apply themselves to this attainment. It is not a fact upon conversion, no where near. Like I said, experience and empirical evidence makes this undeniably clear.

Well, I experienced it, so it is very real indeed, but it was 30 years after starting going to church. Not everyone who calls themselves a Christian has truly repented and been given this overwhelming, supernatural power of the Holy Spirit filling them to overflowing and remaining in them, giving them supernatural abilities and allows 100% answered prayers from then on because He tells you His will before you pray. I received the Spirit on February 9, 1977 around 8:00 pm.

If you haven't yet, I'm sure it is hard to believe. But, believe me, it is real. The born again nature lets us partake of the divine nature of God. 2 Peter 1:2-4

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, I experienced it, so it is very real indeed, but it was 30 years after starting going to church. Not everyone who calls themselves a Christian has truly repented and been given this overwhelming, supernatural power of the Holy Spirit filling them to overflowing and remaining in them, giving them supernatural abilities and allows 100% answered prayers from then on because He tells you His will before you pray. I received the Spirit on February 9, 1977 around 8:00 pm.

If you haven't yet, I'm sure it is hard to believe. But, believe me, it is real. The born again nature lets us partake of the divine nature of God. 2 Peter 1:2-4
Wow CL, that's quite the testimony, ...and quite the high shoes to fill? You have supernatural powers and 100% prayers answered - you're not surprised that I remain a skeptic, are you?

Reactions: Waiting on him

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow CL, that's quite the testimony, ...and quite the high shoes to fill? You have supernatural powers and 100% prayers answered - you're not surprised that I remain a skeptic, are you?

I would be very surprised if you took me at my word with what you believe. But like it or not, we serve an Ultra-Supernatural God, who gave His Son to die for our sins, not to merely take the punishment for our sins so we could remain slaves to sin, but to recreate our character to be like that of His Son, because of the supernatural seed He plants within those whom He regenerates and makes them new creatures in Christ. 1 John 3:9. I'm going to send you what happened to me on that night in 1977, so look for mail in your inbox.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, a trinitarian cannot be saved, nor a modalist, nor anyone that worships any other being rather than God the Father, as God.
Jesus is my God. Are you sure you don't want to retract that statement?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisteuo

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I will hopefully never, ever confess Jesus as YHWH. I feel that it is blasphemy to do so, and then, of course, one cannot be saved if they do.

Appellations can be shared amongst various entities. Cyrus was called messiah (anointed one), Moses was called god, God is called a rock, King David was a saviour to his people, etc (1 Corinthians 8:5). One cannot correlate identities simply because two different entities, are addressed by the same title. This goes without saying. You can have many presidents, many CEOs, many lords, many saviours. The jurisdiction varies and determines the potency of each. God is the creator of the universe and all that it contains, Jesus has been conferred all authority and power to rule over it, as God's beloved Son.

Again, there are no distinctly reserved words for God in Scripture outside of the specific spelling YHWH, not ehyeh nor ego eimi. Therefore, we cannot define who or what a person is in the Bible, simply by their title. Biblical context and one's domain determines the authority, and thus, the entity, of the person.
Jesus isn't God?
John 1:1-3 (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him;

Reactions: farouk

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I don't understand how people can deny that Yeshua is YHVH in the flesh.
For this is he of whom Isaiah the prophet spoke, who says, "Voice of one crying in the desert: Prepare the way of the Lord, make straight his paths.
The greek version says Lord, but the Hebrew version from which the greek has quoted says: YHVH.
Prepare the way of YHWH our God!
Yeshua is not only called God but even YHVH.

YHVH is the word and the light who became flesh. And his flesh is life.

The OT says:
Man is appointed mortal sorrow, but the blessed God shall come down teaching that his death shall bring the despairing rest.