Pets in Eternity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

May 24, 2019
winnipeg
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Horses are the only animal mention as being in Heaven when we follow Jesus riding His own white horse to execute judgment on the Antichrist's army and that of the kings of the east in the Plains of Meggido (battle of Armageddon).

If we will be reunited with our pets in Heaven, then there will also be billions of slaughtered chickens, steers, pigs, ducks, fish there as well.

Last edited:

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Gandhi

I also believe animals haves souls. Your soul (nephesh) is you, your being, your living personification occupying a flesh body, but your soul does not die with the flesh. I think what separates animals from humans is the spirit (ruach) which is ones inner consciousness, the intellect of the soul, your mind. The bible indicates in Isaiah that there will be animals in heaven, but they won't be flesh and blood, and it doesn't specify whether they're resurrected? JMO

" And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" (Genesis 2:7 KJV)

“As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return." (Ecclesiastics 3:18-20 NIV)

"The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord" (Isaiah 65:25 KJV) (Isaiah 11:6-9) No carnivores

Proverbs 12:10, "
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal,
But even the compassion of the wicked is cruel.

Ecclesiastes 3:18-21, "
18 I said in my heart, It is because of the sons of men, that God may prove them, and that they may see that they themselves are but as beasts.
19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; and man hath no preeminence above the beasts: for all is vanity.
20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
21 Who knoweth the spirit of man, whether it goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast, whether it goeth downward to the earth?"

“But now ask the beasts, and let them teach you;
And the birds of the heavens, and let them tell you.
8 “Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you;
And let the fish of the sea declare to you.
9 “Who among all these does not know
That the hand of the Lord has done this,
10 In whose hand is the life of every living thing,
And the breath of all mankind? (Job 12;7-10)

People miss heaven because of their rebellion against God's offer of love, by rejecting Jesus. But dogs, which have no ability to sin nor moral conscience, do not have an ability to reject Jesus.
It is the same principle as a baby, young child or mentally challenged individual. The Bible calls them "safe," not "saved." In Proverbs we read, "The Lord preserves the simple," which includes persons without the ability, capacity or moral conscience to reject Jesus."

We know that there will be animals in heaven, but no longer carnivores (Isaiah 65:25 & Isaiah 11:6-9). The bible doesn't give a definitive answer on whether the souls of pets are resurrected because scripture is geared towards human salvation. Unlike humans, animals can't choose between good and evil, and since they aren't inherently evil, no redemption is necessary. My dog is nonjudgmental, patient, understanding, and loves unconditionally, so I personally think she's more worthy of heaven than I am :) Its possible that God created a space in heaven for animals long before he decided to let us humans in?

Reactions: Helen and Nancy
May 24, 2019
winnipeg
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quote: We know that there will be animals in heaven. Me: As far as I know, only horses are mentioned. Please note that if we were raptured at this very moment in time, we will only spend perhaps 7 to 10.5 years in Heaven. The extra 3.5 years could be because there may be a time interval before the Antichrist comes onto the scene (Bill Salas and others believe in this). After we return to Earth with Jesus, we will be ruling with Him during the 1,000 year Earthly Kingdom and thereafter when the existing Earth passes away, the cube shape New Jerusalem (another form of Heaven) will hover above the New Earth.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Gandhi

I also believe animals haves souls. Your soul (nephesh) is you, your being, your living personification occupying a flesh body, but your soul does not die with the flesh. I think what separates animals from humans is the spirit (ruach) which is ones inner consciousness, the intellect of the soul, your mind. The bible indicates in Isaiah that there will be animals in heaven, but they won't be flesh and blood, and it doesn't specify whether they're resurrected? JMO

" And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" (Genesis 2:7 KJV)

“As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return." (Ecclesiastics 3:18-20 NIV)

"The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord" (Isaiah 65:25 KJV) (Isaiah 11:6-9) No carnivores

Proverbs 12:10, "
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal,
But even the compassion of the wicked is cruel.

Ecclesiastes 3:18-21, "
18 I said in my heart, It is because of the sons of men, that God may prove them, and that they may see that they themselves are but as beasts.
19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; and man hath no preeminence above the beasts: for all is vanity.
20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
21 Who knoweth the spirit of man, whether it goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast, whether it goeth downward to the earth?"

“But now ask the beasts, and let them teach you;
And the birds of the heavens, and let them tell you.
8 “Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you;
And let the fish of the sea declare to you.
9 “Who among all these does not know
That the hand of the Lord has done this,
10 In whose hand is the life of every living thing,
And the breath of all mankind? (Job 12;7-10)

People miss heaven because of their rebellion against God's offer of love, by rejecting Jesus. But dogs, which have no ability to sin nor moral conscience, do not have an ability to reject Jesus.
It is the same principle as a baby, young child or mentally challenged individual. The Bible calls them "safe," not "saved." In Proverbs we read, "The Lord preserves the simple," which includes persons without the ability, capacity or moral conscience to reject Jesus."

We know that there will be animals in heaven, but no longer carnivores (Isaiah 65:25 & Isaiah 11:6-9). The bible doesn't give a definitive answer on whether the souls of pets are resurrected because scripture is geared towards human salvation. Unlike humans, animals can't choose between good and evil, and since they aren't inherently evil, no redemption is necessary. My dog is nonjudgmental, patient, understanding, and loves unconditionally, so I personally think she's more worthy of heaven than I am :) Its possible that God created a space in heaven for animals long before he decided to let us humans in?

Good post! Good verses! And yes, the description sounds like The Garden of Eden where man and beast ate the same food...and there was no meat there either. Much to ponder and BTW- my dogs also deserve to go to heaven way more than I, lol.

Reactions: Dan57 and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have thought a lot about this question.

I believe that our pets will be with us in eternity. My reasoning is too long to post here, but you can read it at this link;

Do our pets go to heaven?

Awesome article! Gives me hope even though, God wipes all tears away ♥
I am a childless, single woman and will continue to be single, lol!...my pets have brought me much joy and happiness and simple love. I love them (3 of them) so much that I have been praying for years to never let me love them more than God Himself or people, who are made in His image. Then, I would see them as idols! He is so so so so VERY good. I rest in my prayers. And, one of them is that they would pass on before I do and that if not, I KNOW that He will make sure they are well taken care of ♥ I do not always get that peace after praying other things but, this prayer has most surely brought me peace ♥ If we have any memory of the "special" pets we had in this life, would God withhold them from us? I do not think so, as He wipes every tear away and it would make me sad, and cry to remember them and not to have them...I know that was weirdly put, lol but...I think you will get the gist!
In Him!
nancy

Reactions: Helen