PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Agree with @Pearl ...WHY do you get arrested for snow? :eek:o_O

We here get fined if we don't shovel all the snow from in front of our houses and our garden paths within 24 hours from the snow fall.
Whether they call it a fine or not, I'm not sure; if the council has to clear a long clogged path in front of a house, they reserve themselves the right to put an extra charge on one's local tax bill.

In some parts of the UK, however, the local politicians unused to lots of snow - and buddies with the unions - are even known to try to tell householders: Don't clear snow from the front of your house; leave it to those whose job it is....

B

brakelite

49364306046_23f85905fe_b.jpg
How did you manage to take that photo without being in it????

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did you manage to take that photo without being in it????

Actually, if you saw the entire globe, my feet would be showing at the very bottom. These were experiments, taken with a cell phone. I'm planning to redo with a DSLR, that should allow a little more control.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@brakelite

Hey there...who are these lovely smiling children in your avatar?
They all have amazing smiles. :)

You may have mentioned elsewhere on the forum...if so, I missed it.

6216.jpg

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Whether they call it a fine or not, I'm not sure; if the council has to clear a long clogged path in front of a house, they reserve themselves the right to put an extra charge on one's local tax bill.

In some parts of the UK, however, the local politicians unused to lots of snow - and buddies with the unions - are even known to try to tell householders: Don't clear snow from the front of your house; leave it to those whose job it is....

Good grief .... @Pearl Is this ( above ) so there? o_O

What makes me mad about our bylaws here is, the city themselves are VERY slow in clearing the sidewalks in front of the wild green spaces, but they expect pensioners and everyone to clear their sidewalks within 24 hours...( except when the snow is continuous and not letting up..)
We must clear snow and ice , and salt and grit it to make it safe.

On the subject of being checked up on and fined... We now had a man who drives around in a white van, who's job is to go through our three teach bins..making sure everything is in the right one. ( an no one cheating by throwing veggies into the black bin. )

He left a note a couple of weeks ago, warning us of fines , if we threw a loose Safeway or any plastic bag into the blue bin. Every plastic bag of any size must be put within one grocery bag and tied up!!

YET ON OUR NEWS ...we learned via a documentary ...showing that China is no longer accepting any recycled from Canada...so now they are paying millions and millions in storing all the household recycled ...which we all carefully disposed of in it 'correct ' way...or we get fined...

How do you like them apples...:rolleyes: :eek: o_O

Crazy, crazy , stupid world , governed by idiots ,carefully chosen to destroy us and everything else in it...

Even so, Come Lord Jesus. ✟

Reactions: brakelite

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh dear ...so sorry Gary / @Triumph1300 for hijacking your lovely thread, maybe I should have posted it elsewhere!!!! :(

A big Whoops... xx

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good grief .... @Pearl Is this ( above ) so there?
I have heard that it's true in some areas but don't know if it applies here. I heard that the reason given is that if people don't clear the snow properly it can leave ice patches which people might slip on, and they wouldn't be insured. The trouble is that even though they clear some roads they don't do the pavements apart from in the town centre. When we do our steps we usually just clear a narrow path across the pavement to the road and walk in the road if we go out in it.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Haha! Not -44 in this pic ...they have no gloves!!

40 below is coming here ( Alberta that is ) but with wind-chills it could be as low as minus 50 below!!!!!!!
Its been years since we've had those temps 1998 I think...that was a dreadful winter so cold and so much snow.

My dad died that year too..and when they came to the house at 4.30am to pick him up for the coroner ...it was still pitch black night and minus 40 below. The funeral men had shiny black leather shoes poor thing ....I wish I had thought to tell them not to dress up....dad wouldn't have minded. :D