PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, Robert Muldoon, was, if certainly not corrupt, certainly not a shrinking violet either.....
Lol.. the Prime Minister and finance minister who had all the experience in the world as a cost accountant. I liked him though. Not because he necessarily made the right decisions, but that he made decisions according to his own best judgement and stick to them come what may. Hated by many loved by few, he was a character. He was a sergeant in WW2... Glad I wasn't serving under him.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Lol.. the Prime Minister and finance minister who had all the experience in the world as a cost accountant. I liked him though. Not because he necessarily made the right decisions, but that he made decisions according to his own best judgement and stick to them come what may. Hated by many loved by few, he was a character. He was a sergeant in WW2... Glad I wasn't serving under him.
Interesting; he had the rebarbative certainty of an NCO vigorously organizing raw recruits..... (not unlike the style of some of Canberra's corridors...)

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The warmer it gets, the more drop down to the bottom. Range in temperature depends on how many and how big the item. The one above is from 16C to 36. The one below goes to 30. In other words, the temp today is off the charts.. At least for this. View attachment 19760
I've seen these things and never knew what they were, I thought they were just decorations.

Thanks for explaining.

Reactions: Brakelite

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Sir, Wasn't this the Hudson's Bay Company outpost?

North West Company first.

Fort William Historical Park (formerly known as Old Fort William) is a Canadian historical site located in Thunder Bay, Ontario, that contains a reconstruction of the Fort William fur trade post as it existed in 1816. It officially opened on July 3, 1973.
The site is located on the banks of the Kaministiquia River at Point de Meuron. This point is a few kilometres upstream from the original fort's site, Fort Kaministiquia, which has been built over as part of the city of Thunder Bay. Point de Meuron has separate historical significance, as it was the location of an Hudson's Bay Company post of the same name. (Wikipedia)
Named in 1807 after NWC chief superintendent William MCGILLIVRAY, Fort William occupied a pivotal place in the company's vast trading network. ... This occupation, combined with major financial difficulties, led to the NWC merger with the HUDSON'S BAY CO in 1821.

Reactions: amadeus and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
North West Company first.

Fort William Historical Park (formerly known as Old Fort William) is a Canadian historical site located in Thunder Bay, Ontario, that contains a reconstruction of the Fort William fur trade post as it existed in 1816. It officially opened on July 3, 1973.
The site is located on the banks of the Kaministiquia River at Point de Meuron. This point is a few kilometres upstream from the original fort's site, Fort Kaministiquia, which has been built over as part of the city of Thunder Bay. Point de Meuron has separate historical significance, as it was the location of an Hudson's Bay Company post of the same name. (Wikipedia)
Named in 1807 after NWC chief superintendent William MCGILLIVRAY, Fort William occupied a pivotal place in the company's vast trading network. ... This occupation, combined with major financial difficulties, led to the NWC merger with the HUDSON'S BAY CO in 1821.
Thank-you....

Reactions: Triumph1300