PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From England as a wee boy to New Zealand, finished High School there then soon enough to America. I miss NZ the most because that's where I related well with the land, sea and people, whether indigenous Maori or Pākehā (white of Eurpean descent). My first look at a girl as for a girlfriend was one of my neighbors. She was a Maori and a really good looker... She left well after I was in America already I heard, to Melbourne Australia.

My first full time adult job was in America......ready to go to Viet Nam then the assignment was changed a week before to Missiles (Montana) about 2.5 hours drive to Canada without white-out conditions. Was a maintenance worker as an enlisted communications maintenance technician at that place....met my wife Diane there....got married in Idaho....many years later in a different State with a different job became an officer....did 26 years total and retired as a Major in the USAF. Travelled the world and then some. Been to all 50 States in the US except two...Had several positions..,,Astronautical and (astronaut program), and Aerospace and even as a Systems Engineer. Lot of High security clearances etc....over 25 years of carrying them

I can fill in the gaps if you wish Helen...just for you....;)

Bless you,

APAK
PS I have a few more pics to show if you guys are not bored...

Wow...colourful life :D
Long may it last.

I am never tired of photo's....love 'em.
And someone has the keep @Triumph1300 's thread warm while he is away "healing" his heart. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
View attachment 4312
That's the way some hardy and adventurous Kiwis do it when they go on Holiday or even as their lifestyle. This picture was taken when my wife I were in Levin, New Zealand, the place where I lived once. brakelite would know of some of these odd thing Kiwis do from time to time.

APAK
Great photo! Looks like South Island of NZ, around Mount Cook...

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great photo! Looks like South Island of NZ, around Mount Cook...
Thanks!

It's actually was taken in a small town where I grew up..Levin, about 70 miles or about 110 km North of Wellington city on the South part of the North Island.

I do have some photos of Christchurch I'll bring up, of the South Island.

APAK

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thanks!

It's actually was taken in a small town where I grew up..Levin, about 70 miles or about 110 km North of Wellington city on the South part of the North Island.

I do have some photos of Christchurch I'll bring up, of the South Island.

APAK
Oh really? I hadn't realized that the snow capped mountains in North Island were so extensive. (I knew about Egmont/Taranaki, which kind of sticks out on its own on the horizon...)

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh really? I hadn't realized that the snow capped mountains in North Island were so extensive. (I knew about Egmont/Taranaki, which kind of sticks out on its own on the horizon...)
I think you might be mistaking the scenic view PAINTED on the camper truck as a real view of the landscape of Levin.

Here's another pic of the camper that should help you see it is really part of the vehicle and not a real landscape behind Levin like of the actual Tararua Range - which actually gets a dusting of snow on them for a few months.

Bless you,

APAK

dcp_0478.jpg

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think you might be mistaking the scenic view PAINTED on the camper truck as a real view of the landscape of Levin.

Here's another pic of the camper that should help you see it is really part of the vehicle and not a real landscape behind Levin like of the actual Tararua Range - which actually gets a dusting of snow on them for a few months.

Bless you,

APAK

View attachment 4317
Thanks!

So were you the artist?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks!

So were you the artist?
No, my wife and I just happen to pass over a railroad crossing and on the other side we decided to stop and ask the guy all about his place. Don't have pics on the inside, although it is done up like a beaut...all hand-done. I reckon he painted the outside...

APAK

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No, my wife and I just happen to pass over a railroad crossing and on the other side we decided to stop and ask the guy all about his place. Don't have pics on the inside, although it is done up like a beaut...all hand-done. I reckon he painted the outside...

APAK
Impressive, anyway... :)

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like @APAK[/USER] has travelled a lot, yes.

So are you more of a home bird?

I'm in Canada, but have been around quite a bit also.

Well, yes have travelled....home bird..as in like a homing bird back to NZ some day..yes if it works out, although not a desperate thing for me these days..getting older....My wife is the center and she is a sophisticated country girl from America....she is where the heart is...close second is NZ

Let me take a swag at this....since birth near a British refugee resettlement camp, I've lived in an abode on the average about 18-20 months.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well, yes have travelled....home bird..as in like a homing bird back to NZ some day..yes if it works out, although not a desperate thing for me these days..getting older....My wife is the center and she is a sophisticated country girl from America....she is where the heart is...close second is NZ

Let me take a swag at this....since birth near a British refugee resettlement camp, I've lived in an abode on the average about 18-20 months.
We have New Zealander friends, and they are truly globetrotters. Seems like for New Zealanders globetrotting is the default, the personal peace at the centre.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have New Zealander friends, and they are truly globetrotters. Seems like for New Zealanders globetrotting is the default, the personal peace at the centre.
You are so right...most of my High school mates are in Australia, Hawaii, America, Canada, UK, Singapore..all over.....jobs jobs were lacking... I believe is a big kicker, unless you were some how rich...

Reactions: Helen and farouk

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Triumph1300 ..I was assured that Jumbo jet flew threw the Bridge. It is feasible although very dangerous. Attached here is a USN demo F-18 shooting thru the Bridge from a similar vantage point. The speed and size of the airplane makes it more feasible. The Golden Gate view is misleading....it has a long span It really is a long span as looked broadside. The FAA had to know of these stunts....

fighter thru GG Bridge.jpg

Reactions: Helen and farouk