PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Triumph1300 ..I was assured that Jumbo jet flew threw the Bridge. It is feasible although very dangerous. Attached here is a USN demo F-18 shooting thru the Bridge from a similar vantage point. The speed and size of the airplane makes it more feasible. The Golden Gate view is misleading....it has a long span It really is a long span as looked broadside. The FAA had to know of these stunts....

View attachment 4332
Was the 747 picture a montage of images, or did it actually happen?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was the 747 picture a montage of images, or did it actually happen?
I did not take this shot so I would not know for certain. I took it as authentic and it's feasible, although usually not legal except for air shows or special events. There has been a United and a Qantas 747 plane that have done similar maneuvers in the past over the same bridge. That I do know.

APAK

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I did not take this shot so I would not know for certain. I took it as authentic and it's feasible, although usually not legal except for air shows or special events. There has been a United and a Qantas 747 plane that have done similar maneuvers in the past over the same bridge. That I do know.

APAK
Okay, thanks...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Glad that you found it.
@ByGrace[/USER] Thanks for the 'likes'!

Do you know Down Under? :)

No not at all.
This thread that Triumph1300 started is a happy and sad thread...but one of our favourites . Some have shared their heartaches with us here...and we have wept with them...

It's a good thread. Glad that you found it. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Oh no Gary...trouble on top of trouble.
Do you get any insurance via BC Parks etc...or just the car?

Nothing can replace your wife...but they should not take advantage of your grief. How are you doing in yourself ?

( ignore that if it is too close to the bone. x )

Reactions: Nancy

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh no Gary...trouble on top of trouble.
Do you get any insurance via BC Parks etc...or just the car?

Nothing can replace your wife...but they should not take advantage of your grief. How are you doing in yourself ?

( ignore that if it is too close to the bone. x )

I'm going up and down.
Sometimes I feel like I am an actor in a bad movie....... and it can't be real..... but it is.
Have tremendous support from my family, this forum, on my Facebook and my church!

You people are awesome and a blessing to me.

B

brakelite

Oh really? I hadn't realized that the snow capped mountains in North Island were so extensive. (I knew about Egmont/Taranaki, which kind of sticks out on its own on the horizon...)
In a good bold winter there can be a great deal of snow in the North island. State Highway one through the centre of the island is often closed due to snow and ice. There are some excellent sking resorts in the North island. In fact the cold of winter was one major factor in my moving to oz

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
In a good bold winter there can be a great deal of snow in the North island. State Highway one through the centre of the island is often closed due to snow and ice. There are some excellent sking resorts in the North island. In fact the cold of winter was one major factor in my moving to oz
I see...(I guess you avoided Kosicusko...)

I guess New Zealanders can go and reside in Australia, then. (Seems to be a lot of movement across the Tasman, anyway...)

B

brakelite

Thought I would cheer everyone on here a little....
A Maori Doctor can't find a job in a hospital , so opens a clinic and puts up a sign:

'ANY TREATMENT FOR $20
IF NOT CURED $100 REFUND.'

A lawyer thinks this is a great opportunity to earn $100 and goes to the clinic.

Lawyer: "I have lost my sense of taste."

Doc: “Nurse, bring some medicine from box 22 and put 2 drops in patient's mouth."

Lawyer: "Ugh. this is kerosene!"

Doc: "Chur, your sense of taste is restored! That’ll be $20.”

The annoyed lawyer goes back after a few days to recover his money.

Lawyer: "I have lost my memory. I cannot remember anything!”

Doc: "Nurse, bring medicine from box 22 and put 2 drops in his mouth."

Lawyer (annoyed): "This is kerosene! You gave this to me last time for my taste problem!"

Doc: "Chuuur. You got your memory back! That’ll be $20."

The fuming lawyer pays him, and then comes back a week later determined to get back $100.

Lawyer: "My eyesight has become very weak I can't see at all!"

Doc: "Oh dear, I don't have any medicine for that, take this $100."

Lawyer (staring at the note): "But this is $20, not $100!!"

Doc: "Chuuuur, your eyesight is restored! That’ll be $20 thank you."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I tried to do the one we send to The Netherlands, but was to emotional.
My son did that one.

I can see that...it's somewhat early days yet.
It will come and go for months. Just as you think that you have 'healed' all of a sudden, when you are busy doing something , even 6 months ahead...a 'wave' will just flood over you and it will feel as fresh as ever...

.......not for nothing do they say " Time is a good healer".

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Triumph1300 ...with you mate. You are not alone....plan on doing 4 things a week, things you enjoy, and keep doing them....hobbies, sports, outings, chatting, photos drawing, whatever...you will be surprised what 'new things' you are capable of doing that you never tried before.

Bless you brother,

APAK