1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Physician Assisted Suicide

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality Forum' started by Mayflower, Mar 16, 2019.

1. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Every country in the world has some problems with healthcare. That is not debatable.

In Europe one of the biggest problems is the government just will not provide certain procedures that are provided in the US, an example.

In rural areas of both the US and Europe there are ambulance delays. Abuse of emergency services is common everywhere.

Adding to the cost is governments paying for the medical of illegal aliens, here and in Europe.

Written has quite a large Muslim population of immigrants.

Germany is being overwhelmed with immigrants. An acquaintance of mine works for the German government in the US. As did his mother, who is German. Both said they would never move back to Germany.

Everywhere is struggling with medical issues. No exceptions.

Bottom line is the government cannot provide everything and often does a poor job and what they do provide.

Same here in the US with Canada. They have national health but a lot of problems. One of the largest concentrations of medical facilities in the US is on the border and the majority of their patients are Canadian.

Will there ever be an answer? No. Medical is costly and complicated.

Reggie Belafonte and Mayflower like this.
  2. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Butterfly So do you ever feel that you are being ripped off tax-wise, because of the NHS?

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    Sorry, only just come across this, must have missed the notification X
    No, I never feel ripped off- my NHS insurence is about 50.60 pounds a month
    , my tax is a little higher- but I have taken out of the NHS for 60 years, had four operations, four children, who have also had over 40 years of taking out of it. I get free prescriptions and free medication if I go into hospital. One of my sons has vascular hypersensitivity and nearly lost his toes twice, the drip he needs is over 2,000 pounds.
    I value the NHS, If we went over to your system of insurance I doubt I would be able to afford it X
    Rita

4. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Actually we are in Canada, with a comprehensively funded system.

Butterfly likes this.
  5. aspen

aspen “"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I think this issue is easy to condemn when you have never experienced it.

Butterfly likes this.
  6. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Not to start an argument, but yesterday the news covered seniors going blind because restrictions kept them from getting eye surgery.

7. Butterfly

Butterfly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    I never said it was a perfect health service, or that delays don't happen, or that there are not consequences to those delays , but that doesn't mean I cannot value or appreciate something.
    Rita