Please Argue with me about Head Coverings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edit to add . . . I just realized the thread this was in, like, wow! Sorry if this is a hijack!

It’s not a hijack. “Because of the angels” is a reason Paul gives for wearing a head covering. It’s part of the conversation. It’s how every thread about head coverings goes.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A woman's hair is part of her glory/ beauty. Since man is God's glory and a woman is "man's glory", we need women not to be a snare for men ... (too attractive as to distract men) during what is supposed to be a congregation with God, a spiritual experience.
It is true. I used to attend a church that had no dress code. I could go with shorts and a T-shirt and felt comfortable about it. My thoughts at the time (a mere prideful justification) was that God does'nt care what you dress like, He looks at your heart. That's true in one sense. However, I did get distracted looking/lusting at gorgeous women -- not just beautiful, flowing hair, but legs, tight jeans ... hello.
Just a temporary distraction though I did get a handle on it and ignored them. We are suppose to ignore the "glory of man".
" But some womem you know come decked out to put in a show.
So there it is, a snare, a distraction that takes a man's mind off of what he is supposed to he doing, worshipping, communing with and honoring God.
It is an act of humility and respect for God AND consideration for man's utter weaknesses for a woman to cover her glory/beauty.
Still, I can look at her beautiful face. I can imagine Miss America or any gorgeous woman coming in to church, wearing a long dress to her ankles, covering up her head and sitting next to me. OMG, I don't think I would very spiritual that day - woe is me.
I find other things about women far more attractive than hair. (grin) but getting back to the subject, a woman's hair was a glory to her, because it had not been shaved off like a prostitute's hair used to be.

Please Argue with me about Head Coverings

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, fill me in

I think nephilim are one of those places that we might think or wonder about, but whether you think like me they had babies with women or think like you they did not, it’s not a thing that does harm to men as do certain teachings/doctrines.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angels are God's messengers/workers and although we think of them as heavenly beings, God appoints certain men to be angels. We see this in the passage in Corinthians about the hierarchy in the church, whereby Jesus, a man, is the head of the church, followed by the angels. These are God's appointed messengers like the apostle Paul and the other apostles. Under them is the husband who has attended Synagogue school. The husband knew the language of the synagogue the same as some churches use Latin, and because their wives only knew the language of the marketplace i.e. Koine Greek, hence the chattering, the men were told to instruct their wife at home and then mother would teach the children.

All I am saying after all of that, is that teachers and pastors were angels and so also any man who was used by God.
Revelation 22:8-9 KJV
[8] And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. [9] Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

John 12:39-40,43 KJV
[39] Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, [40] He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. [43] For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They didn’t want to lose their place in the synagogue.

John 12:42 KJV
[42] Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A woman's hair is part of her glory/ beauty. Since man is God's glory and a woman is "man's glory", we need women not to be a snare for men ... (too attractive as to distract men) during what is supposed to be a congregation with God, a spiritual experience.
It is true. I used to attend a church that had no dress code. I could go with shorts and a T-shirt and felt comfortable about it. My thoughts at the time (a mere prideful justification) was that God does'nt care what you dress like, He looks at your heart. That's true in one sense. However, I did get distracted looking/lusting at gorgeous women -- not just beautiful, flowing hair, but legs, tight jeans ... hello.
Just a temporary distraction though I did get a handle on it and ignored them. We are suppose to ignore the "glory of man".
" But some womem you know come decked out to put in a show.
So there it is, a snare, a distraction that takes a man's mind off of what he is supposed to he doing, worshipping, communing with and honoring God.
It is an act of humility and respect for God AND consideration for man's utter weaknesses for a woman to cover her glory/beauty.
Still, I can look at her beautiful face. I can imagine Miss America or any gorgeous woman coming in to church, wearing a long dress to her ankles, covering up her head and sitting next to me. OMG, I don't think I would very spiritual that day - woe is me.
I can empathize with you here. I actually find Muslim women, with their veils and scarves, and all you see are these dark black eyes, quite beautiful.

Reactions: Lambano

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think nephilim are one of those places that we might think or wonder about, but whether you think like me they had babies with women or think like you they did not, it’s not a thing that does harm to men as do certain teachings/doctrines.
gotcha!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can empathize with you here. I actually find Muslim women, with their veils and scarves, and all you see are these dark black eyes, quite beautiful.
The Muslims have gone too far, they go everywhere like that. They certainly don't want anyone lusting after their women. This is the reason Nuns are covered up, hiding their beauty ... unless the hills are alive with the sound of music?
Actually I don't want to appear shallow talking about a woman's outer beauty. I really value the inner beauty and have preferred women who possess that. You just never know what you are getting if you just go with the looks - could be a monster inside!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no reason to think so that I can see.
I'd say the best indication is that Jude frames the events that way. One wonders, as well, why all the men in town were so insistent on having access to them.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd say the best indication is that Jude frames the events that way. One wonders, as well, why all the men in town were so insistent on having access to them.

Much love!

Had to go back and read it. Yes, that’s a good point. It says they came from all over the town.

Im pretty sure I’d be frightened if I saw an angel…not bold…

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For people's information only.

(Gen_6:1-4 ERV)
The number of people on earth continued to increase. When these people had daughters, the sons of God (Israelites) saw how beautiful they were. So they chose the women they wanted. They married them, and the women had their children. Then the LORD said, "People are only human. I will not let my Spirit be troubled by them forever. I will let them live only 120 years." During this time and also later, the Nephilim people lived in the land. They have been famous as powerful soldiers since ancient times.

(Gen_ 6:4 KJV)
There were giants (H5303) in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
H5303 from H5307; giant:- properly, a feller, that is, a bully or tyrant.

(Numbers 13:33 KJV)
And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

The San Francisco baseball team are "Giants." We should not take everything we read literally.

Ask yourselves who intermarried with the Israelites and caused a lot of trouble. Work it out and you will know who these people were. The flood wiped them out.

I have no idea where people get the idea from that the Nephilim were angels.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please Argue with me about Head Coverings ^^^^

@FluffyYellowDuck

No! Don't want to. Glam Pride is the real issue, simply just deal with pride. The other issue is: Do not put a stumbling block in front of another person. Head coverings, etc., can do that just as effectively as your hair.

Shalom

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
Here is the deal.

I stumbled on old pictures and felt guilty for giving up my covering. Honestly I quit out of pride and I was afraid I wouldn't be ever seen as marriage potential because of it. There, I said it.

And I can't change my mind and I have convictions, and every argument that I know of I have the answer to already, so I need you guys to argue with me and see if someone can change my mind.

It will take me a few hours to get back but I'll contest any responses- unless someone has one I can't deny.

Warning: I spent years studying this.

There is no argument. Paul commanded it, therefore it's required.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no argument. Paul commanded it, therefore it's required.
Yes, my thoughts too.

I don't expect anyone else to, but if Paul said to then I'll do it.

I also decided it doesn't have anything to do with marriage.

If I have no head, do I then automatically have permission to preach and speak over the men? Am I now equal in authority and like a man?

No. I'm still a woman and my position in God's natural order stays the same regardless of whether or not someone decided to put a ring on it.

Reactions: Butch5