Please explain this.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some persons are very bitter, and it comes through in their writing.
I, as yourself, am sorry about this.
She's even told me I'm ignorant.
Not a very friendly comment.

I am not "bitter" as you assume and imply--since it is quite clear about whom you are speaking from your third statement. You are ignorant--we all are--you would be wise to accept that about yourself. Do you have the Bible memorized? If so, are you word-perfect in that memorization? Since you seem to be one who touts yourself as a Bible teacher, perhaps it would be good to hear from Pastor J. Vernon McGee (departed now but who held an M. Div and a Th.D from Dallas Theological Seminary). I remember a broadcast of his where he declared (and he was elderly at the time), "I've been studying the Bible nearly all my life, but all I know is that I don't know anything." He would often cite, "Knowledge puffs up but love builds up."

I still believe your teaching of the necessity of maintaining salvation through good works to be seriously in error, denying God's effectual work of grace.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its not that i dont believe all that, bc i dont know. Its that it amounts to testifying of yourself wadr

It is testifying of oneself...?
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears me and opens the door, I will come into him and eat with him and he with me.

I testify that this is true. I speak of what I have known. But Jesus testifies of it too, so...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am not "bitter" as you assume and imply--since it is quite clear about whom you are speaking from your third statement. You are ignorant--we all are--you would be wise to accept that about yourself. Do you have the Bible memorized? If so, are you word-perfect in that memorization? Since you seem to be one who touts yourself as a Bible teacher, perhaps it would be good to hear from Pastor J. Vernon McGee (departed now but who held an M. Div and a Th.D from Dallas Theological Seminary). I remember a broadcast of his where he declared (and he was elderly at the time), "I've been studying the Bible nearly all my life, but all I know is that I don't know anything." He would often cite, "Knowledge puffs up but love builds up."

I still believe your teaching of the necessity of maintaining salvation through good works to be seriously in error, denying God's effectual work of grace.
It has to be all of grace.

"All of grace, yes, grace surpassing,
Such a portion to bestow,
But the love, all knowledge passing,
Grace has taught us now to know.

Love that bore the stripes and sorrow,
Love that suffered on the Tree,
Love that shares the bright tomorrow,
With the loved ones, you and me."

Ephesians 1 & 2.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It is testifying of oneself...?
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears me and opens the door, I will come into him and eat with him and he with me.

I testify that this is true. I speak of what I have known. But Jesus testifies of it too, so...
Jesus is testifying of a one, yes, but see you are now testifying to be that one, yes? So, are you ready for the cross-examination?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It has to be all of grace.

"All of grace, yes, grace surpassing,
Such a portion to bestow,
But the love, all knowledge passing,
Grace has taught us now to know.

Love that bore the stripes and sorrow,
Love that suffered on the Tree,
Love that shares the bright tomorrow,
With the loved ones, you and me."

Ephesians 1 & 2.

Thank you, farouk. That blessed me. :)

Reactions: Helen and farouk

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well then ask someone you trust, or we could do a poll maybe, not sure how much more apparent "I am that guy" and "testifying of yourself" could be wadr. But then i recognize that i am evil, just like Jesus said!

Jesus ate with sinners. :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, however we also have the rather obscure instruction dont eat anything while you are there ok, Jesus ate with "sinners" but my guess is that they were carefully chosen?

I don't know that instruction, don't eat anything while you are there...

I don't know if they were carefully chosen. Did He pick only the cream of the crop of sinners to eat with? Or did He just call sinners everywhere, even ordinary sinners, to come and drink? :D

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't know that instruction, don't eat anything while you are there...

I don't know if they were carefully chosen. Did He pick only the cream of the crop of sinners to eat with? Or did He just call sinners everywhere, even ordinary sinners, to come and drink? :D
two diff scenarios imo, and the instruction is searchable, OT, about the prophet who got lied to by the other prophet, which i cant think of a more perfect passage for this scenario we are playing out right here tbh. Nailed it. :)