Please explain this.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
two diff scenarios imo, and the instruction is searchable, OT, about the prophet who got lied to by the other prophet, which i cant think of a more perfect passage for this scenario we are playing out right here tbh. Nailed it. :)

You lost me there.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No insults of you were ever intended by me--simply criticism of what you were teaching. I honestly felt obligated to attempt to refute what I feel to be false teaching by you and others. The manner of commenting here, where the specific posts of others are cited in the response, probably is the reason why many assume that they are being singled out for criticism. On the other hand, you made sure that the targets of your wrath were singled out as "YOU". If you are here to learn (as I hope we all are) , it would probably be best to avoid taking things to a personal level. In reality, none of us knows the other and unwise assumptions can be made. I pointed out that you said things that were quite insulting to others, implying that they were somehow just trying to avoid responsibility for good works. When I objected to your manner, you just, in effect said, "Tough. You shouldn't be in an online forum." I could say something about hypocrisy but I don't want to rouse your wrath again. It is not particularly good for you or for others. Peace. Out.
1. Yes. If you'e offended by ME...maybe you shouldn't be on ANY forum since I'm one of the least offensive person you'll meet on them.

2. Calling someone ignorant is very isulting.

3. You say we don't know each other...great. So do YOU know ME?
You told me several times to go study and other demeaning things.

4. Yes, please don't say anything about hypocrisy since you are one of the most hypocritical persons I've ever met. Anywhere. Attributing to ME what YOU do.

5. Sorry, but I'm not here to learn. I'm so proudful..isn't it terrible...but I already know what I know and don't need to be taught it by anyone.
Awful, isn't it?

6. Perhaps YOU could learn that GOD MUST BE OBEYED.
yeah.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
:rolleyes: ya ok go with that S

? hmm. Most of them are useless i guess, but dont we all go out into the wilderness based upon someone elses commentary? A parents or whoevers?
How about people that have studied the bible for YEARS as a profession?
How about the Early church theologians?
How about THE BIBLE! Taken at it's simple word .....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You lost me there.
ah, well, prophets are not really the Special Snowflakes we make them out to be irl, as dont let your prophets lie to you and other OT passages make pl...well, give plenty of hints about, anyway. The story of the prophet lying to the other prophet is kind of a summation of those hints imo, 1 Kings 13:1 Lexicon: Now behold, there came a man of God from Judah to Bethel by the word of the LORD, while Jeroboam was standing by the altar to burn incense.
and "eating" is specifically in view there, right. You can imagine literal food there as you are reading, if you like

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How about people that have studied the bible for YEARS as a profession?
the worst of the worst imo, "as a profession" lol pls

How about the Early church theologians?
Ah, Paul's "wolves?" What about em? The blind leading the blind
How about THE BIBLE! Taken at it's simple word
ready when you are sweetie
you and your sons will be here with me
No Son of Man may die for another's sins
No one has ever gone up to heaven
There is only One Immortal

not two, not three, not seven, one, right
Nehushtan
pick one and let's roll! :D

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Son of Man may die for another's sins
No one has ever gone up to heaven
There is only One Immortal
You and your sons will be here with me

ok, go for it :)

It would be appreciated if you would give chapter and verse so those verses can be taken in context...because the immediate context will bear out that they do not contradict each other on a broader scale.

You know I don't like commentaries.

Of course...I was being facetious...so where do you want me to get Christian theology if not the Bible or a commentary?

YOU understand the Trinity?
Maybe you could speak to some theologians that can't seem to be able to really grock it...know what I mean?

I've tried....but they are so steeped in their religious views that they do not see the biblical truth as I present it...and even resort to calling me a heretic a million times over.

I would say to you however that the key to understanding the Trinity is to be baptized in Jesus' Name...because the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to all those who receive this sacrament...and you cannot understand the Trinity without the Holy Ghost.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I am not "bitter" as you assume and imply--since it is quite clear about whom you are speaking from your third statement. You are ignorant--we all are--you would be wise to accept that about yourself. Do you have the Bible memorized? If so, are you word-perfect in that memorization? Since you seem to be one who touts yourself as a Bible teacher, perhaps it would be good to hear from Pastor J. Vernon McGee (departed now but who held an M. Div and a Th.D from Dallas Theological Seminary). I remember a broadcast of his where he declared (and he was elderly at the time), "I've been studying the Bible nearly all my life, but all I know is that I don't know anything." He would often cite, "Knowledge puffs up but love builds up."

I still believe your teaching of the necessity of maintaining salvation through good works to be seriously in error, denying God's effectual work of grace.
1. You are free to think and believe what you want to...even if it's wrong.
2. I NEVER said i'm a bible teacher. Although I have taught the bible.
3. Stop speaking to me personally. I'm here to discuss the bible.

You're free to NOT maintain your salvation by GOOD WORKS.
Perhaps you feel doing evil deeds is better?

Go for it.
Teach that good deeds are not necessary.
It's not ME you'll be answering to.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It would be appreciated if you would give chapter and verse so those verses can be taken in context...because the immediate context will bear out that they do not contradict each other on a broader scale.
wadr they dont contradict each other right there either! See they only contradict your beliefs, right?
and google can help with the lookup, and prolly the scribing and the commentaries, too. Dunno. Bring it and we'll see i guess

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, well, prophets are not really the Special Snowflakes we make them out to be irl, as dont let your prophets lie to you and other OT passages make pl...well, give plenty of hints about, anyway. The story of the prophet lying to the other prophet is kind of a summation of those hints imo, 1 Kings 13:1 Lexicon: Now behold, there came a man of God from Judah to Bethel by the word of the LORD, while Jeroboam was standing by the altar to burn incense.
and "eating" is specifically in view there, right. You can imagine literal food there as you are reading, if you like

Okay, so...I'm confused. Are you saying you are a prophet and I am a prophet? And I am the lying prophet who is trying to trick you?

Forget for the moment that I am definitely not a prophet and am just an ordinary person who it pleased God to show His Son to. Forget that. So am I understanding what you are saying? That I am a lying prophet by saying I have received the Holy Spirit and He has come in to me and we've shared a meal together?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one disseminates into three...
you have three gods.

Or maybe you could phrase it better?
It would take eons for me to explain it to you...but once you grasped it you would see it as being very simple indeed.

If you really want to understand it, go to the following thread and think about all of the posts posted there by me...I try to make it clear but I think that without the Holy Spirit no one can receive the things of the Spirit of the Lord...1 Corinthians 2:13-14...so if you do not have Him you may never understand it...but if you do have Him you will be able to grasp it easily.

Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
:rolleyes: yes, terminal, definitely terminal, ok? At least in really, really, reallyreally bad shape.
Standing where you should not be at the very least imo

assume that everything i am saying here today is a lie, please

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Of course...I was being facetious...so where do you want me to get Christian theology if not the Bible or a commentary?

I've tried....but they are so steeped in their religious views that they do not see the biblical truth as I present it...and even resort to calling me a heretic a million times over.

I would say to you however that the key to understanding the Trinity is to be baptized in Jesus' Name...because the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to all those who receive this sacrament...and you cannot understand the Trinity without the Holy Ghost.
Well, it's nice to know that you know more than those with PhD's.
Yeah. Try learning from some good sources.
Not here.
Not YouTube.
Not your most very favorite preacher.
The Holy Spirit seems to be teaching everyone something different so I'd keep away from Him too.

Again,,, I'm most happy that you understand the Trinity.
Maybe you'd like to teach it at our local seminary?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It would take eons for me to explain it to you...but once you grasped it you would see it as being very simple indeed.

If you really want to understand it, go to the following thread and think about all of the posts posted there by me...I try to make it clear but I think that without the Holy Spirit no one can receive the things of the Spirit of the Lord...1 Corinthians 2:13-14...so if you do not have Him you may never understand it...but if you do have Him you will be able to grasp it easily.

Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.
You think I could learn about the Trinity from someone (you) who just previously made God into three different gods?

Hmmm. I don't think so.

Guess I just don't have the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Okay, so...I'm confused. Are you saying you are a prophet and I am a prophet? And I am the lying prophet who is trying to trick you?
ah, no, sorry, lets remove ourselves from the situation and just let the passage speak, of course we all feel we are in the right and the other is not, and i for one do not know ok, maybe i am the evil prophet, right? Maybe neither of us is, and like "misinformation" is the evil prophet or something, see. One might easily present what they believe is truth in good conscience and yet be incorrect, right?

But see this all comes out in the story, and it ends up not really being about us directly, so much as how we assimilate truth i think. See no matter how forcefully or with conviction someone might state a "truth," it is up to the hearer to discern, or not imo

Reactions: GodsGrace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think I could learn about the Trinity from someone (you) who just previously made God into three different gods?

Hmmm. I don't think so.

Guess I just don't have the Holy Spirit.
You said it...not me.

btw, God is absolutely ONE...to the extent that He might even be defined as one Person.