Please explain this.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet you are not aware of any avoiding of any of the implied questions in my posts to you earlier, right?
See the scariest part to me is that you might actually believe what you are saying, ppl are actually giving you likes for that tripe and everything, "only mithraists talk about the weather" lol.

I mean why not just post pictures of cats or something, or avoid the subject entirely with me?
You have to double down on the evil intent, right, its required of you, basically?
You have to be perceived as the winner at all costs, right?

which is why we see GGs convo proceeding along the exact same parabola that we just went through, yes? No diff whatsoever. You really think that is going to work with God? Crack wise then, and get likes.

Its no problem for me, ok, i know how to send you scurrying behind your little tree any time i want, see, all i have to do is start Quoting Scripture, and you have to leave right

Well, there you go - you said it - implied questions. Sorry I don't respond as you would like to your implied questions. People can't possibly answer your implied questions when they can't even figure out what the heck you're saying to begin with, let alone understand you are even asking for a response.

You used to agree with some of my posts, but now I've apparently become a sun and bull worshiper. :rolleyes:

That's what scares me too, Byrd, that you might actually believe what you are saying. Apparently, you're the only one with any knowledge at all and everyone else is completely clueless and not taught by the Spirit at all.

Now I have a double portion of evil intent, that right Byrd? I've actually been a bit worried about you, as have some others in here.

Perceived as a winner? You've been talking a lot about likes and giving hints that you would like some. Is it that you're so angry lately because you feel you don't get enough likes?

Since your meltdown, you have been getting ugly with people who genuinely care about you Byrd. Am I your new punching bag now? You need to get control of this byrd, before you implode again. And no, I'm not saying that because I want to be a winner. Im saying it because I care about you.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What do you believe happens after the final judgement
and what happens with the Lake of Fire?

The Book of Revelation pretty much tells us what happens after the Resurrection to Judgment (the Second Resurrection). Setting of the scene: The Beast/Antichrist and the False Prophet will have already been in the LoF for the entire period of the Millennial Kingdom (the 1000 year reign of Christ--where He rules "with a rod of iron" (strictly by the Law of God) along with the resurrected saints). But Satan is apparently chained and kept somewhere else, during the Millennial Kingdom. He is "loosed" at the end of the Millennium to go out "and deceive the nations once more" and his forces go out to battle the forces of the Lamb (probably the Armies of Heaven-- The Lord Jesus is the "Captain of the Host"). Satan is then defeated and the next occurrence is the Final Judgment.

At the Final Judgment (also known as the Great White Throne Judgment), the resurrected wicked, whose judgment it is that they be throne into the LoF, are taken there and deposited (where the Beast and the False Prophet already are). Then Satan himself is thrown into the LoF along with death (in 1 Corinthians 15:26, we are told that the last enemy of God to be destroyed is death itself) and the place of the dead (hades). The judgment of being cast into the LoF is also known as the "Second Death"(20:14) "where the smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever" (Revelation 14:11).

Then, the New Jerusalem will descend to the new earth from the new heavens (chapter 21). From the description, it sounds like the New Jerusalem is the place that Jesus has prepared for His Bride, the universal Church, and likely also, the resurrected saints from Israel. This will be an incredibly imposing structure that is a cube 1,400 miles high, wide and deep. It will not have a Temple (unlike the Millennial Kingdom, which will have a Temple--see the latter chapters of Ezekiel, 40-48). There will be no sun or moon to light the New Jerusalem, as God Almighty and the Lamb will be its source of light. Curiously, the text says that there will be those who dwell outside the "city" (22:15)--"the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idol worshipers, and all who love to live a lie". Are they those said to "dwell in the outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth"? Are they the wicked from before the full revelation of Christ who have escaped the LoF judgment? No one but God knows.

Regarding Job....the devil was known as the addversary...which is translated devil in either greek or hebrew...can't remember right now.

The Hebrew word satan, means "the adversary" or, interestingly, "the resister". It is used to speak of him in Job, Chronicles, and (I think) in Zechariah. There is some debate among rabbis today whether it is a proper name or just a general reference to him as the enemy of God. The Greek word, diabolos, is where we get the word "devil" in English and it is generally not capitalized because it could be used to refer to any evil entity whether a spirit being or a human being. (In example, Jesus referred to Judas as a "devil" when He said, "...one of you is a devil").

*NOTE: I have edited this slightly in order to refine it a bit.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The Book of Revelation pretty much tells us what happens after the Resurrection to Judgment (the Second Resurrection). Setting of the scene: The Beast/Antichrist and the False Prophet will have already been in the LoF for the entire period of the Millennial Kingdom (the 1000 year reign of Christ--where He rules "with a rod of iron" (strictly by the Law of God) along with the resurrected saints). But Satan is apparently chained and kept somewhere else, during the Millennial Kingdom. He is "loosed" at the end of the Millennium to go out "and deceive the nations once more" and his forces go out to battle the forces of the Lamb (probably the Armies of Heaven-- The Lord Jesus is the "Captain of the Host"). Satan is then defeated and the next occurrence is the Final Judgment.

At the Final Judgment (also known as the Great White Throne Judgment), the wicked, whose judgment it is that they be throne into the LoF, are taken there and deposited (where the Beast and the False Prophet already are). Then Satan himself is thrown into the LoF along with death (in 1 Corinthians 15:26, we are told that the last enemy of God to be destroyed is death itself) and the place of the dead (hades). The judgment of being cast into the LoF is also known as the "Second Death"(20:14) "where the smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever" (Revelation 14:11).

Then, the New Jerusalem will descend to the new earth from the new heavens (chapter 21). From the description, it sounds like the New Jerusalem is the place that Jesus has prepared for His Bride, the universal Church, and likely also, the resurrected saints from Israel. This will be an incredibly imposing structure that is a cube 1,400 miles high, wide and deep. It will not have a Temple (unlike the Millennium which will have a Temple--see the latter chapters of Ezekiel, 40-48). There will be no sun or moon to enlighten the New Jerusalem, as God Almighty and the Lamb will be its source of light. Curiously, the text says that there will be those who dwell outside the "city" (22:15)--"the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idol worshipers, and all who love to live a lie". Are they those said to "dwell in the outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth"? Are they the wicked from before the full revelation of Christ who have escaped the LoF judgment? No one knows.

The Hebrew word satan, means "the adversary" or, interestingly, "the resister". It is used to speak of him in Job, Chronicles, and (I think) in Zechariah. There is some debate among rabbis today whether it is a proper name or just a general reference to him as the enemy of God. The Greek word, diabolos, is where we get the word "devil" in English and it is generally not capitalized because it could be used to refer to any evil entity whether a spirit being or a human being. (In example, Jesus referred to Judas as a "devil" when He said, "...one of you is a devil").
Thanks Lady C...
I know hardly anything about eschatology. I don't think I've ever read Revelation all the way through.

Some believe that the LoF will just burn everything up so that there's nothing left.
Instead YOU believe that it will last forever?

I won't be studying this any time soon...

Reactions: Grailhunter

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

At the Final Judgment (also known as the Great White Throne Judgment), the wicked, whose judgment it is that they be throne into the LoF, are taken there and deposited (where the Beast and the False Prophet already are). Then Satan himself is thrown into the LoF along with death (in 1 Corinthians 15:26, we are told that the last enemy of God to be destroyed is death itself) and the place of the dead (hades). The judgment of being cast into the LoF is also known as the "Second Death"(20:14) "where the smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever" (Revelation 14:11).

Then, the New Jerusalem will descend to the new earth from the new heavens (chapter 21). From the description, it sounds like the New Jerusalem is the place that Jesus has prepared for His Bride, the universal Church, and likely also, the resurrected saints from Israel. This will be an incredibly imposing structure that is a cube 1,400 miles high, wide and deep. It will not have a Temple (unlike the Millennium which will have a Temple--see the latter chapters of Ezekiel, 40-48). There will be no sun or moon to enlighten the New Jerusalem, as God Almighty and the Lamb will be its source of light. Curiously, the text says that there will be those who dwell outside the "city" (22:15)--"the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idol worshipers, and all who love to live a lie". Are they those said to "dwell in the outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth"? Are they the wicked from before the full revelation of Christ who have escaped the LoF judgment? No one knows.

PS.
I do know about what you've written re the devil.
Devil, if I remember right, is a title.
Satan is a name.
I think this could be checked out....

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You state that in the opening chapter of John, it is said that Jesus is the perfect lamb of God.

When was this letter written?
It was written many years after Jesus died. Maybe 85 AD or so.
Jesus died in about 27 AD or so.

The Apostles and Early Church Fathers (theologians) had plenty of time to work out WHY Jesus had to die. This was foreseen in the O.T. and this is not rejected by any scholar. However, details were definitely determined after Jesus' death.
If you recall...the Apostles didn't really understand that Jesus was going to die and resurrect...even though He had said it...it was beyond their understanding.
Were they not surprised when Mary and Mary went to advise Peter and John that the tomb was empty?
This particular "theology" of yours is not God-centered--it is man-centered (ironic since the study is supposed to be about God). Are you forgetting the role of the Holy Spirit in the forming of the recollections of the Apostles? ("But when the Father sends the Advocate as My representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—He will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you." (John 14:26)

more came later.
Doesn't make them right. Satan is far more clever and wily than Christians often realize. He has been throwing doubt on what God has said from the very beginning. "...has God said?"

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
This particular "theology" of yours is not God-centered--it is man-centered (ironic since the study is supposed to be about God). Are you forgetting the role of the Holy Spirit in the forming of the recollections of the Apostles? ("But when the Father sends the Advocate as My representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—He will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you." (John 14:26)

Doesn't make them right. Satan is far more clever and wily than Christians often realize. He has been throwing doubt on what God has said from the very beginning. "...has God said?"
What theology of mine?
I don't make theology....
I agree with your last paragraph,
but I don't understand why you posted...

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks Lady C...
I know hardly anything about eschatology. I don't think I've ever read Revelation all the way through.
You're welcome. :)

Some believe that the LoF will just burn everything up so that there's nothing left.
Instead YOU believe that it will last forever?
I believe it because that is what it says. One thing that you might want to think about is that resurrected beings live (or die) forever. Some believe that ordinary wicked humans will have some period of punishment in the "place of torment" in hades and then be thrown into the LoF for annihilation but Christians who believe the Bible have pretty much all believed that it will be unending because of what Jesus says in the gospel of Matthew. Be that as it may, there does seem to be a definite curse on the Beast, False Prophet, those who take the Mark of the Beast and Satan, to be tormented forever in the LoF--that is what the Bible clearly says. Remember that Jesus said, in Matthew 25:46 that there is such a thing as "eternal punishment".

I won't be studying this any time soon...
Why not? Revelation 1:3 says, "God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and He blesses all who listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near." (In God's timing, only two days have passed since the Resurrection.)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if it is impossible. I've just never met a man who died immediately.
Lol, sure is taking me a loooooong time to die! I think we will still grow into however long "eternity" is (yes, I know, several on here have different definitions of eternity) or, at least continue to know a God so huge that we will never know Him fully. Nothing to back these thoughts, just thinking on His wonders...will our Creator EVER stop creating?? I think not...Jmho. :cool:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Lol, sure is taking me a loooooong time to die! I think we will still grow into however long "eternity" is (yes, I know, several on here have different definitions of eternity) or, at least continue to know a God so huge that we will never know Him fully. Nothing to back these thoughts, just thinking on His wonders...will our Creator EVER stop creating?? I think not...Jmho. :cool:
""As thy days, so shall thy strength be;"—Deuteronomy 33:25."

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well, there you go - you said it - implied questions. Sorry I don't respond as you would like to your implied questions. People can't possibly answer your implied questions when they can't even figure out what the heck you're saying to begin with, let alone understand you are even asking for a response.

You used to agree with some of my posts, but now I've apparently become a sun and bull worshiper. :rolleyes:

That's what scares me too, Byrd, that you might actually believe what you are saying. Apparently, you're the only one with any knowledge at all and everyone else is completely clueless and not taught by the Spirit at all.

Now I have a double portion of evil intent, that right Byrd? I've actually been a bit worried about you, as have some others in here.

Perceived as a winner? You've been talking a lot about likes and giving hints that you would like some. Is it that you're so angry lately because you feel you don't get enough likes?

Since your meltdown, you have been getting ugly with people who genuinely care about you Byrd. Am I your new punching bag now? You need to get control of this byrd, before you implode again. And no, I'm not saying that because I want to be a winner. Im saying it because I care about you.
ok, so just go with that and keep avoiding the Bible and youll be fine yeh, no worries

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why go all the way back to Ezekiel?
Didn't any of the N.T. writers answer this question?

What, Ezekiel isn't good enough for you? Like it isn't the inspired word of the Lord?

The Bible is the Bible; and the verses I referenced in Ezekiel say best what I was wanting to say.

Philippians 2:12-13 says it well too; but Ezekiel 36:25-27 says it better.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that the way we are to interpret scripture is by our experience rather than interpreting our experience by the holy scriptures.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1. Barnabas almost made into the bible. You don't like HIS words either?
Of the more than 1,000 works brought forward for inclusion in the canon, only 27 were selected and only an additional four others were ever under serious consideration: 1) The Shepherd of Hermas; 2) 1 Clement; 3) The Epistle of Barnabas; and 4) The Didache. They were ultimately rejected because of the uncertainty of their inspiration.

2. Please tell me WHO put the circulating letters into ONE BOOK.
The gospels and epistles were simply added to the reading of the Tanakh (the "Law and the Prophets and the Psalms") and were recognized as being inspired by the Holy Spirit immediately--thus, Scripture. Eventually, as the Holy Spirit added to them, the early Jewish-Christians recognized the need for them to have their own section (just as the Torah was one section and the Prophets and Psalms were in sections in the Tanakh). The New Testament is properly grouped with the Old Testament--as indeed it is in the Holy Bible.

3. Since we're working with copies of manuscripts...do you believe we have the actual words of Jesus? (from right after Jesus died to your date of 200AD)
Yes. You must remember that Jewish-Christians were in danger of extreme punishment (ex. Stephen's execution) here on earth and even in the afterlife, were they to lie about something so important. If they did not truly believe that God spoke through them, by the Holy Spirit, why would they have risked their lives? Before they would go out on that limb, they must have very strongly believed that they were well-representing Jesus and His ministry--that He was, in fact, God in human flesh. They also had the assistance of the abiding and indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit. Others also recognized that the Holy Spirit spoke through those closest to Jesus in life.

4. What was Peter wrong about before the resurrection and why was he a hypocrite? I don't know what you're speaking of.
He was very wrong to deny Jesus because of his cowardice--even in spite of Jesus' warnings that he would. Why do you think that Peter wept bitterly at the last crowing of the rooster? The Apostle Paul tells of the hypocrisy incident in Galatians 2:11-13. It was another case of cowardice on Peter's part. But he was forgiven and strengthened to face his own martyrdom. By the way, foolishness and cowardice are condemned in the New Testament. (Mark 7:22 and Revelation 21:8 respectively).

5. Yes,,,the early fathers DID decide WHICH gospels and letters would go into the Bible.
No, they did not--I don't care what you have been told. The New Testament was written right along with the founding of the Church--within a few decades after the Resurrection. How do you think that the "early fathers" were able to quote so extensively and well from the New Testament writings, unless it was because they already had them in their possession? It has been said that if even our New Testaments were destroyed, we could piece them back together from the quotations in the writings of the early Christian writers.

6. Mary worship. Mary is not supposed to be worshiped. If some Catholic wishes to worship her (which the CC says is wrong) I think Jesus won't be too offended since she WAS His mother.
To the contrary, even Mary would be offended, as it is blasphemous--and she was a devout Jewish (and then, Jewish-Christian) woman.

BTW...I'm protestant.
Ah--then I'm guessing that you are either evangelical Episcopalian or conservative Lutheran. Of those two, I would think the latter rather than the former. Anglicans/Episcopalians and Lutherans are being courted by the leadership of the RCC--who are quite apostate of course. These are perilous times.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So do you believe it's our doctrine that saves us?
Why would believing a lie cause one to be lost?

Anyway, what TYPE of lie?
Does saying we don't need to obey God cause one to perhaps lose their soul be heeding that advice and having a false sense of security?

There are new Christians reading these posts.

I believe in Eternal Security because I am quite certain that is what the Bible teaches. Even if one who has eternal life falls into sin, he/she still has eternal life--otherwise we would ALL be doomed to pop in and out of eternal life--who among us is without any sin at all? It is a gift and we know that God's gifts are irrevocable. Those who truly belong to Christ will want to obey His every command and suggestion but we fail because we are simply not as holy as He was when He walked the earth. He told us to even refrain from evil thoughts which pollute us--do we?

No, I do not believe it is our doctrine that saves us. Eternal life comes as a result of believing God and in Jesus as His only begotten Son. Believing lies does not "un-save" us but it certainly hampers our walk with the Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of Truth. It is impossible to lose one's soul but believing lies is certainly quite damaging to the peace and comfort of the soul in this life and can destroy our testimony. I once knew a Christian man who committed suicide because he said, in the note that he left, that he was undoubtedly going to hell because he could never be good enough to please God. Since he was miserable in this life (he struggled with alcoholism and depression), he figured he might as well "get it over with". As horrifying as that is, I believe that is where teaching that one can lose one's eternal life because of disobedience, can lead.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I believe in Eternal Security because I am quite certain that is what the Bible teaches. Even if one who has eternal life falls into sin, he/she still has eternal life--otherwise we would ALL be doomed to pop in and out of eternal life--who among us is without any sin at all? It is a gift and we know that God's gifts are irrevocable. Those who truly belong to Christ will want to obey His every command and suggestion but we fail because we are simply not as holy as He was when He walked the earth. He told us to even refrain from evil thoughts which pollute us--do we?

No, I do not believe it is our doctrine that saves us. Eternal life comes as a result of believing God and in Jesus as His only begotten Son. Believing lies does not "un-save" us but it certainly hampers our walk with the Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of Truth. It is impossible to lose one's soul but believing lies is certainly quite damaging to the peace and comfort of the soul in this life and can destroy our testimony. I once knew a Christian man who committed suicide because he said, in the note that he left, that he was undoubtedly going to hell because he could never be holy enough to please God. Since he was miserable in this life (he struggled with alcoholism and depression), he figured he might as well as get it over with. As horrifying as that is, I believe that is where teaching that one can lose one's eternal life because of disobedience can lead.
Romans 8.38-39 is very clear; and John's First Epistle has a lot statements about assurance.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
many will be deceived; even the elect, if that were possible
the path is narrow, and few there are who find it
no one has ever gone up to heaven
they read Paul to their destruction

B

brakelite

To the contrary, even Mary would be offended, as it is blasphemous--and she was a devout Jewish (and then, Jewish-Christian) woman.
She's also dead.

As horrifying as that is, I believe that is where teaching that one can lose one's eternal life because of disobedience, can lead.
We can indeed lose out on the promise of eternal life...not because of disobedience, but because of unbelief. And unbelief results in disobedience and sin. (Unbelief I mean as in trust/faith/dependence.