Please give me your honest reaction to this song/ video.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not look at the tattoos specifically... I just loved seeing someone with all those tattoos and rings PRAYING... I love that JESUS is NOT offended by the people that so many CHRISTIANS seem disgusted with.
It's just playing to the camera with what is important to him.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW... I never expected to hear a comment like this from you.

I saw a person who has probably led a wild life... humbling himself and PRAYING.

Except he wasn't necessarily praying, I mean, I don't know whether the guy was praying or not. What I do know what that he was shooting a video, and wanted to make sure that everyone would see how this tatted and bedecked ruffian was praying, which is a long way from the prayer closet.

But we did get to see his outer adorning.

Sorry if I seem a little cynical. What I'm hearing in the words seems off in places too.

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Except he wasn't necessarily praying, I mean, I don't know whether the guy was praying or not. What I do know what that he was shooting a video, and wanted to make sure that everyone would see how this tatted and bedecked ruffian was praying, which is a long way from the prayer closet.

Sorry if I seem a little cynical. What I'm hearing in the words seems off in places too.

Much love!
@marks You are right of course that anything God honoring needs to be inward and spiritual in the first instance.

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW... I never expected to hear a comment like this from you.

I saw a person who has probably led a wild life... humbling himself and PRAYING.
Years ago I worked night shift at a convenient store and about 2 am a black man dressed in black leather with gold and silver chains hanging from his neck and he had tattoos and he just looked like a gangster...the whole time he was walking around the store shopping I never took my eyes off him...(figured he was looking to steal something)....when he came to the register to pay for his merchandise I struck up a conversation....I said so are you a gang member or something? (Yeah I know, rude of me)...but he happily answered....no I am a rap artist and I dress like this when I am out street ministering. If i wore a suit I wouldn't get within 10 ft of them or maybe even get mobbed....
So I said oh wow how cool....so rap me a song...
He rapped his testimony for me and by the end of it I was crying like a baby because it ministered to my heart so deeply.
I was so ashamed for judging him by his appearance....I told him I had done this and asked his forgiveness....which he forgave me and thanked me for being honest.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know how to respond to you... It's a VIDEO.... of course it was produced and images were carefully chosen. THAT is the world of videos.
I would rather see something like this than the rap music that is out there today... so YEAH.... I am touched by those tattooed hands with all the rings PRAYING. It's the symbolism of the IMAGE.

Reactions: Truman and marks

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Years ago I worked night shift at a convenient store and about 2 am a black man dressed in black leather with gold and silver chains hanging from his neck and he had tattoos and he just looked like a gangster...the whole time he was walking around the store shopping I never took my eyes off him...(figured he was looking to steal something)....when he came to the register to pay for his merchandise I struck up a conversation....I said so are you a gang member or something? (Yeah I know, rude of me)...but he happily answered....no I am a rap artist and I dress like this when I am out street ministering. If i wore a suit I wouldn't get within 10 ft of them or maybe even get mobbed....
He rapped his testimony for me and by the end of it I was crying like a baby because it ministered to my heart so deeply.
I was so ashamed for judging him by his appearance....I told him I had done this and asked his forgiveness....which he forgave me and thanked me for being honest.
Not many would have bothered to even initiate a conversation... and they would not have learned the lesson of NOT judging... but then again... I have noticed that some Christians think it is their job.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What an awesome testimony!

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just want to know what a group of fellow Christians think of this song and video. Please give me your first reactions.
Thank you.

Honest first reaction that came to my head: perverse American redneck Christianity, but it sounds pretty cool. I like her voice and the sound of his voice together. They should make more songs. Preferably about other things but yeah it sounds cool.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Honest first reaction that came to my head: perverse American redneck Christianity, but it sounds pretty cool. I like her voice and the sound of his voice together. They should make more songs. Preferably about other things but yeah it sounds cool.
@Abaxvahl She has a strong, throaty voice that communicates compellingly. And the inking that ppl have commented on makes it kind of especially authentic.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how to respond to you... It's a VIDEO.... of course it was produced and images were carefully chosen. THAT is the world of videos.
I would rather see something like this than the rap music that is out there today... so YEAH.... I am touched by those tattooed hands with all the rings PRAYING. It's the symbolism of the IMAGE.
I realize it's a video, that's why I put more significance onto it. It's all intentional for effect. And I realize I've just climbed out on a thin shakey branch, so be it. It's all to communicate a message.

It's between him and God. Not me. I'll do better to just stick with my first comment, it's not my thing.

Much love!

Reactions: Renniks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not many would have bothered to even initiate a conversation... and they would not have learned the lesson of NOT judging... but then again... I have noticed that some Christians think it is their job.
In personal ministering, I've long been drawn to people with lots of tattoos, piercings, or lower functioning, or on the edges of society, or, maybe something else that sets them apart from the herd. I've always been on the fringes myself.

I think it's the inner brokenness I see in them, which I know in myself. Though I don't have the outer accoutrements, still, birds of a feather and all that!

Much love!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Ok I get that all might be true ( or not) maybe he is just doing it for the message, but what is the message? Does it glorify him or God?