Please let us out

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The theology says same ousia, different hypostases. Or to use more a more familiar term, different persons. I haven't got that one figured out either. And the rules say we're not allowed to discuss that subject.

But if Jesus lied to us about that, I want to know what else he lied to us about.
I think Jesus was God in flesh and was setting an example for us. He couldn't say, "I am God," because that would be setting a bad example.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the point of keeping billions locked up in this pointless boring repetitive prison planet

Praise God!

This brings joy to my soul. - Not in the circumstance, which is dire— but in that some recognize the circumstance we are in.

We need rescue. We need release.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus is not God in flesh? Matthew 1:23 (RSV) suggests to me that he is:

"Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and his name shall be called Emmanuel"
(which means, God with us).
Yes, agreed, He is God in flesh yet (this is only my opinion) I think the reason He did not know was because God did not "speak" it yet. Jesus is The Word of God and ONLY does what God the Father does or say's. In His time as He is so long suffering that He has given more than ample time for the lost to come to Christ.
I really think it is just that it has not been spoken yet. I mean, we cannot have Jesus Christ lying, because He didn't. His role as savior on this earth was to seek those who are lost and did only what God said to Him. When His mother, Mary asked Him to get more wine for the wedding in Cana, He first said to her that it was not yet His "time"...so, God is all about timing IMO. :)

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah billions of us are badly behaved because a serpent gets no punishment for tricking two people

Does that make any sense whatsoever
IT sure does when you realize that we all have been guilty of disobedience ourselves .
We cant blame adam and eve , we done the same things ourselves .
Now excuse me while i go praise GOD for the mercy GIVEN ME by HIS GRACE IN CHRIST JESUS .
This man is looking forward to the new heavens and the new earth wherein all righteousness shall dwell .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise God!

This brings joy to my soul. - Not in the circumstance, which is dire— but in that some recognize the circumstance we are in.

We need rescue. We need release.
Those whose faith in CHRIST shall one day be freed even from this body of death .
OH let the KING be praised . And shall inherit a earth wherein there is no more evil .
Till then armour up cause this ol world waxes only worse by the day and the hour .
And its not a lamb friendly world either . OH but the lambs HAVE CHRIST through it all .
Let the KING be praised .

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, agreed, He is God in flesh yet (this is only my opinion) I think the reason He did not know was because God did not "speak" it yet. Jesus is The Word of God and ONLY does what God the Father does or say's. In His time as He is so long suffering that He has given more than ample time for the lost to come to Christ.
I really think it is just that it has not been spoken yet. I mean, we cannot have Jesus Christ lying, because He didn't. His role as savior on this earth was to seek those who are lost and did only what God said to Him. When His mother, Mary asked Him to get more wine for the wedding in Cana, He first said to her that it was not yet His "time"...so, God is all about timing IMO. :)
The way I look at is that he was setting an example for us. He was God in flesh but couldn't say so, because he didn't want us running around calling ourselves God.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
IT sure does when you realize that we all have been guilty of disobedience ourselves .
We cant blame adam and eve , we done the same things ourselves .
Now excuse me while i go praise GOD for the mercy GIVEN ME by HIS GRACE IN CHRIST JESUS .
This man is looking forward to the new heavens and the new earth wherein all righteousness shall dwell .
I really don’t know why you are condemning humanity. Did we ask to come here and even if we did we all face difficult lives. Why rush to judge others?

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over the centuries, people have become wiser and more responsible.

Progress is being made.

While our advancement isn't linear and contains regression in some areas. The overall trend is positive.

However bad things may seem. We have it much better than those who lived in previous eras.

Look at how much healthier and more attractive women of today are. In comparison to photographs of women taken a few centuries ago. Visually we can see people are becoming healthier on average. Life expectancy is at all time highs. We don't have to live in an era where nearly everyone had syphilis and judges wore white curly wigs to hide the fact that their hair was falling out.

Things are getting better. For whatever reason, we simply do not recognize what we have.

And appear to have forgotten how to seize hold of the many opportunities available to us.

Last edited:

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, apparently humans are supposed to be in this world not of it

I want to go one step further and not have anyone in this world at all

Since this is a Matrix simulation we should have the option to take the red pill

Let me put it another way. I see others doing whatever it is each day like watching tv, riding bikes or just sitting on a bench and I think, what’s the point and how can they stand it over and over again

Last edited:

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’m just going to vent here

I’m tired

I’m tired of being single. I’m tired of my choices to find someone being a bar or rubbish dating apps. I’m tired of these accelerated days that make it impossible to do anything properly. I’m tired of being poor with no opportunities. I’m tired of being scared due to all the supernatural death threats, being told I’m going to hell and that I blasphemed the Holy Spirit with no guarantee that I will not be put through all that again. I’m tired of being given grief for smoking due to said threats and barking. I’m tired of praying and not getting any answers, whether yes, no or not yet. I’m tired of this pointless life of eating imaginary food and drink. I don’t want to be on this planet anymore. Because the truth is that without youth, money and love there’s no reason to be here. Certainly not another 20-30-40 years of being worn down by the cares of this world which really don’t interest me

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This place has water and a nice view:
Jupiter-Europa-moon-NASA-photo-posted-on-SpaceFlight-Insider-655x409.jpg
Amazing what CGI can do for one's brain!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reason why Jesus did not know is that = most everyone forgets this scripture:

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.
And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
Philippians 2:5-8

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reason why Jesus did not know is that = most everyone forgets this scripture:

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.
And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
Philippians 2:5-8
Yes, your's is a much better reason, and also biblical. :)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe what he said was left up to interpretation.
The cumulative body of statements made by Jesus of Himself in the Gospels are in direct declarations of YHWH Himself in OT scripture.

That would make Jesus to be YHWH or to be a 'false god'.

Jesus disciple John, a OT Hebrew/Jew familiar with OT scripture, became born-again by the Spirit of God and then baptized in the Holy Spirit, became the Apostle John who wrote the NT Gospel of John.

Apostle John's Gospel Opening Declaration: "In the beginning was Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God"

v14 - "and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us".

Furthermore, Jesus never mentions His Father as YHWH but only as Father and God = never as LORD/YHWH

Therefore the only LORD/YHWH that is spoken of in the Gospel is LORD Jesus Christ = King of kings and LORD of lords.

"there is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

"Paul, Silas and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace and peace to you."

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes a screwed up universe is far more interesting than this pathetic circle of life
i used to feel the exact same way AND you are not far from the Truth, for Jesus says: "My Kingdom is not of this world"

Look FORWARD

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. - Titus 2:11-14

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i used to feel the exact same way AND you are not far from the Truth, for Jesus says: "My Kingdom is not of this world"

Look FORWARD

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. - Titus 2:11-14
I don't think that just telling him that looking for the blessed hope may be the answer.
He sounds extremely depressed. I know for a fact it is hard to understand man's existence let alone the hope of being with the Lord.

@Apache1 Please go find someone to talk to. It is almost impossible to see that life may become better again, but it can.
I am not the only person on this board who has been through severe depression. It can get better.

You have a Saviour who understands what you are going through. The Lord has provided for His people doctors and other health professionals to help us when we cannot help ourselves. It is not wrong to get help.

Please try.

Reactions: David in NJ