Please let us out

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is the point of keeping billions locked up in this pointless boring repetitive prison planet

• Love
Reactions: Mr E

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes a screwed up universe is far more interesting than this pathetic circle of life

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Genesis 3 narrative is that the kids have been put in "Time-out" for bad behavior.
Yeah billions of us are badly behaved because a serpent gets no punishment for tricking two people

Does that make any sense whatsoever

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the point of keeping billions locked up in this pointless boring repetitive prison planet
To keep us from screwing up the rest of the universe?

To keep us from dragging our bloody hands across the stars?

I noticed we humans still haven't learned how to behave. Or even own up to our own bad behavior.

• Sad
Reactions: Nancy

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To keep us from screwing up the rest of the universe?

To keep us from dragging our bloody hands across the stars?

I noticed we humans still haven't learned how to behave. Or even own up to our own bad behavior.
Maybe it’s a bit of both. We haven’t learned to behave and we get bored of the same old repetitive stuff so start behaving badly

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think the point is that we are learning how to live in heaven.
Well I don’t see how a limited circle of life is suitable for learning how to live in a wide open sandbox realm

Also inhabitants of heaven don’t have to eat/drink/sleep/pay bills/cut nails/use the bathroom etc etc etc

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I don’t see how a limited circle of life is suitable for learning how to live in a wide open sandbox realm

Also inhabitants of heaven don’t have to eat/drink/sleep/pay bills/cut nails/use the bathroom etc etc etc
I think they eat. Jesus ate after being resurrected. But heaven has trees that bear 12 kinds of fruit that they eat.

Let's be honest, positive thinking is always advisable. Prayers then.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the point is that we are learning how to live in heaven.
I'm glad you brought this up, Bob. I was contemplating this point while I was walking the dog.

The promise is that when Jesus comes back, there'll be a new Earth and new Heavens. A whole new universe to play in. Apache's question can also be read as, "How long, O Lord?", a question many of the Prophets themselves asked. Jesus Himself didn't know, but He told us any many parables to make ourselves ready, because we don't know the day nor the hour.

So, we make ourselves ready as best we can while we play the cards we were dealt.

Reactions: Bob Estey and Nancy

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm glad you brought this up, Bob. I was contemplating this point while I was walking the dog.

The promise is that when Jesus comes back, there'll be a new Earth and new Heavens. A whole new universe to play in. Apache's question can also be read as, "How long, O Lord?", a question many of the Prophets themselves asked. Jesus Himself didn't know, but He told us any many parables to make ourselves ready, because we don't know the day nor the hour.

So, we make ourselves ready as best we can while we play the cards we were dealt.
It’s not really a case of how long but more what is the point of sending billions of us here

What exactly can we do/learn here that we can’t do/learn anywhere else in existence

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You don't see now, but you will.

Who said "inhabitants of heaven don’t have to eat/drink/sleep/pay bills/cut nails/use the bathroom etc etc etc"?

Reactions: Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are we sure Jesus didn't know?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Lambano

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Bob,
If Jesus did know and yet, say's that He did not then it would make Him a liar, and we KNOW that is not true.

31 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. 32 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Be on your guard and stay alert! For you do not know when the appointed time will come."
Mark 13:31-33
So Jesus is not God in flesh? Matthew 1:23 (RSV) suggests to me that he is:

"Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and his name shall be called Emmanuel"
(which means, God with us).

Reactions: David in NJ

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus is not God in flesh? Matthew 1:23 (RSV) suggests to me that he is:

"Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and his name shall be called Emmanuel"
(which means, God with us).
The theology says same ousia, different hypostases. Or to use more familiar terms, same essence, different persons. I haven't got that one figured out either. And the rules say we're not allowed to discuss that subject.

But if Jesus lied to us about not knowing the date or time, I want to know what else he lied to us about.

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This place has water and a nice view:
Jupiter-Europa-moon-NASA-photo-posted-on-SpaceFlight-Insider-655x409.jpg

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coming out of college, I wanted to get a job with an aerospace company that was working on a Mars mission. Didn't get past the initial interview, though.

mars-surface.jpg