Please Pray About This Boarder

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have been thinking about getting a boarder and a friend suggested a Christian guy who is looking for a place to live because the flat he has just moved into is getting too expensive. He has 2 children which gets only on weekends (divorced) and he goes to work from Mon-Fri, getting home at around 6pm.

Please pray about this as it would be good financially and also help me to be more sociable as it can be easy for me to enjoy my own company. (I can be a hermit at times).

Thank you! :stageright:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been thinking about getting a boarder and a friend suggested a Christian guy who is looking for a place to live because the flat he has just moved into is getting too expensive. He has 2 children which gets only on weekends (divorced) and he goes to work from Mon-Fri, getting home at around 6pm.

Please pray about this as it would be good financially and also help me to be more sociable as it can be easy for me to enjoy my own company. (I can be a hermit at times).

If you need the money, you need the money. Otherwise, I don't think it's a good idea to have a boarder of the opposite sex.

Reactions: Helen

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have had male Christian boarders before. I prefer male rather than female because I don't have to entertain them as much. I am not really a socialite. One Christian boarder was also divorced with 2 children. His kids stayed only on the weekends and he worked in a Christian organisation. There was my brother and also another Christian guy who asked me if he could board at my place but I said no to that one because he had some mental health issues and I really didn't want to be a support person for him at that time because I had my own battles and I was exhausted through work.

I prayed to God for a male Christian boarder who worked so that he wasn't under my feet too much. Someone who was quiet and clean living. I really don't mind the kids on weekends but I need to get on with him. This particular guy that my friend has suggested has something to do with leadership in his church.

He goes to the Baptist and I know the Pastor there. I think he may be from another country and his wife was from the Philippines. IDK please pray and thank you @Bob Estey

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying it goes well, and, you, a hermit?!! That surprises me Angelina, figured you to be one to get out there with Christian friends.

May God grant this for you and that this man will be a good fit!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had male Christian boarders before. I prefer male rather than female because I don't have to entertain them as much. I am not really a socialite. One Christian boarder was also divorced with 2 children. His kids stayed only on the weekends and he worked in a Christian organisation. There was my brother and also another Christian guy who asked me if he could board at my place but I said no to that one because he had some mental health issues and I really didn't want to be a support person for him at that time because I had my know battles and I was exhausted through work.

I prayed to God for a male Christian boarder who worked so that he wasn't under my feet too much. Someone who was quiet and clean living. I really don't mind the kids on weekends but I need to get on with him. This particular guy that my friend has suggested has something to do with leadership in his church.

He goes to the Baptist and I know the Pastor there. I think he may be from another country and his wife was from the Philippines. IDK please pray and thank you @Bob Estey
You should sit down and have a talk with him - get to know him a little.

Reactions: Debp and Angelina

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying about this situation.

Reactions: Angelina

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ah @Angelina, perhaps the prayer that you are needing is for God to reveal what your ministry is in this area of hospitality, i.e. having male Christians living in your house with you.

When people are operating within their ministries, God provides for all of their needs.

So, perhaps, the prayer that you need is to ask God is that He will confirm for you what your ministry, that He wants you to work in, is,

When that question is resolved, the next question for God to confirm, for you, is how you are to go about fulfilling this ministry calling at this present time.

Then the next question that needs to be resolved is, are you taking the right steps to fulfil this ministry calling at the moment.

The calling may simple be to minister to independent males for a period of time so that they themselves may be able to grow in their faith and be strengthened for the future ministry that God is calling them into.

May the Lord show you His purposes for you at this present time. May the Lord show you the steps to fulfil His calling on your life at this present time. May the Lord provide confirmation to you that you are taking the right steps to fulfil the present ministry calling for this present period for both you and the person that God wants you to minister to.

May the Lord draw you further into His loving Embrace during this period of your ministry challenge and that it be a harmonious period of time where you gain a sense of God's hand on all that you need to do for His Glory to be shown to all around you.

Shalom

• Love
Reactions: Angelina

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Praying it goes well, and, you, a hermit?!! That surprises me Angelina, figured you to be one to get out there with Christian friends.

May God grant this for you and that this man will be a good fit!
Hi @Nancy,
You know those lovely ladies who join together for a coffee and who love to do pot luck lunch/dinners together and do ladies bible studies? They may organise a women's retreat? Well I'm not one of them. :jest:

I like my quite time at home with the Lord. I love praying for others in that quite place, I put my hat on when I go out to anything that requires ministering to others and take it off when I get home. I am a believer who spends more time in worship and prayer than I do socializing with others. Bless your heart!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Debp and Nancy

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Ah @Angelina, perhaps the prayer that you are needing is for God to reveal what your ministry is in this area of hospitality, i.e. having male Christians living in your house with you.

When people are operating within their ministries, God provides for all of their needs.

So, perhaps, the prayer that you need is to ask God is that He will confirm for you what your ministry, that He wants you to work in, is,

When that question is resolved, the next question for God to confirm, for you, is how you are to go about fulfilling this ministry calling at this present time.

Then the next question that needs to be resolved is, are you taking the right steps to fulfil this ministry calling at the moment.

The calling may simple be to minister to independent males for a period of time so that they themselves may be able to grow in their faith and be strengthened for the future ministry that God is calling them into.

May the Lord show you His purposes for you at this present time. May the Lord show you the steps to fulfil His calling on your life at this present time. May the Lord provide confirmation to you that you are taking the right steps to fulfil the present ministry calling for this present period for both you and the person that God wants you to minister to.

May the Lord draw you further into His loving Embrace during this period of your ministry challenge and that it be a harmonious period of time where you gain a sense of God's hand on all that you need to do for His Glory to be shown to all around you.

Shalom
Thank you brother, well said! ♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Nancy,
You know those lovely ladies who join together for a coffee and who love to do pot luck lunch/dinners together and do ladies bible studies? They may organise a women's retreat? Well I'm not one of them.

I like my quite time at home with the Lord. I love praying for others in that quite place, I put my hat on when I go out to anything that requires ministering to others and take it off when I get home. I am a believer who spends more time in worship and prayer than I do is socializing with others. Bless your heart!
Ahahaha...That is also, so not me! let the "Martha's do it :jest: Thanks for the laugh!!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you. It is good to have people to live with. Even if you like being alone it is still more emotionally healthy to have people around I think.

Reactions: Angelina and Nancy

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying now.

As someone else said, maybe chat with him a bit. Make sure it seems like a good fit.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Angelina , has there been an agreement with this potential boarder? Sure hoping it will be a success!

Reactions: Debp