Sensitivity & hurt feelings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s important to be cognizant about the way others feel, especially when it comes to how our words affect people. Complimenting someone about their appearance, especially when the compliment is sincere and friendly, can really brighten their day. From time to time I get positive remarks about the appearance of my eyes: They are crystal blue, the shape upturned, and the size wide and sort of large. And there isn’t a shortage of people who fail to notice. Months ago while checking out at Wendy’s, the cashier (obviously an LGBT guy but that is okay) told me I had beautiful eyes. A woman at the gas station store, where I go to buy lottery tickets every week, made the same kind and uplifting remark. And just the other week a teller at Chase Bank smiled and asked me if they are real, perhaps feelings disbelief that a guy’s eyes could look so perfect.

I always love hearing compliments. Who doesn’t? It’s human nature to want to feel positive about your good qualities. But what I dislike is when people are mean, critical beyond reasonable standards, and make bad remarks about me. Here I am not speaking about mild constructive criticism intended to help; instead I am talking about derisive, insensitive criticisms that put me down and make me feel horrible.

Last night was a prime example of me getting criticized in a very demeaning way that hurt my feelings. The criticism was so bad, so unfair, and so disproportionate that it pushed appropriate boundaries way too far. It was to the point where criticism ceased being anything resembling criticism; I was insulted, and my feelings were hurt.

As I laid down to go to sleep, God took me on a trip where he asked various residents in heaven if they wanted to lay down with me. All of them were rude and said no, he is too ugly. It happened repeatedly, again and again, the same answer occurring: “HE IS TOO UGLY.” These angelic heaven citizens were basically saying my appearance was so grotesque to the point where they don’t even want to go near me.

I am appalled by God’s conduct towards me. He said the reason why he did it because of a certain dating/marriage/relationship issue that I don’t want to elaborate on this forum. God’s remarks that followed hurt my feelings even worse. He said I must accept that I’m ugly (and accept something else that would ruin my life) or else he will refuse to make good on the full extent of the financial miracle he promised me will happen next February. In other words, God is asking me to put myself down, tell myself how ugly I am, and marry someone who makes me feel worthless and inferior and who will cause lifelong psychological suffering, or I’m not worthy of the full extent of his long-promised financial miracle that will occur two months from now.

Please pray and ask God to apologize for his extremely unfair criticism of me. Also, it isn’t right to deny someone the full extent of a long-promised financial miracle just because I refuse to put myself down and call myself ugly (as well as that other thing that I don't wan to talk about). I’m not ugly: I just need to lose weight and find other ways to improve my appearance. Also, I want God to realize that comments like what I experienced last night hurt my feelings. Please pray and ask God to be more sensitive to me.

Reactions: Angelina

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I laid down to go to sleep, God took me on a trip where he asked various residents in heaven if they wanted to lay down with me. All of them were rude and said no, he is too ugly. It happened repeatedly, again and again, the same answer occurring: “HE IS TOO UGLY.” These angelic heaven citizens were basically saying my appearance was so grotesque to the point where they don’t even want to go near me.
God would not do this!!! The adversary would. Are you on any meds?
Please pray and ask God to apologize for his extremely unfair criticism of me. Also, it isn’t right to deny someone the full extent of a long-promised financial miracle just because I refuse to put myself down and call myself ugly (as well as that other thing that I don't wan to talk about). I’m not ugly: I just need to lose weight and find other ways to improve my appearance. Also, I want God to realize that comments like what I experienced last night hurt my feelings. Please pray and ask God to be more sensitive to me
Ask the Creator to apologize? Are you kidding me?
God created you. If you have things you need to work on, then He will help. He NEVER said you were ugly.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Saint of Light

Romans 9:21
Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

We all need to accept who we are. We can only be ourselves. But in Christ and with the Help of the Holy Spirit we can be the best we can be. It isn't about outward appearance - some very attractive looking people are ugly on the inside - our beauty should come from knowing Jesus.

1 Peter 3:3-4
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s important to be cognizant about the way others feel, especially when it comes to how our words affect people. Complimenting someone about their appearance, especially when the compliment is sincere and friendly, can really brighten their day. From time to time I get positive remarks about the appearance of my eyes: They are crystal blue, the shape upturned, and the size wide and sort of large. And there isn’t a shortage of people who fail to notice. Months ago while checking out at Wendy’s, the cashier (obviously an LGBT guy but that is okay) told me I had beautiful eyes. A woman at the gas station store, where I go to buy lottery tickets every week, made the same kind and uplifting remark. And just the other week a teller at Chase Bank smiled and asked me if they are real, perhaps feelings disbelief that a guy’s eyes could look so perfect.

I always love hearing compliments. Who doesn’t? It’s human nature to want to feel positive about your good qualities. But what I dislike is when people are mean, critical beyond reasonable standards, and make bad remarks about me. Here I am not speaking about mild constructive criticism intended to help; instead I am talking about derisive, insensitive criticisms that put me down and make me feel horrible.

Last night was a prime example of me getting criticized in a very demeaning way that hurt my feelings. The criticism was so bad, so unfair, and so disproportionate that it pushed appropriate boundaries way too far. It was to the point where criticism ceased being anything resembling criticism; I was insulted, and my feelings were hurt.

I am appalled by God’s conduct towards me. He said the reason why he did it because of a certain dating/marriage/relationship issue that I don’t want to elaborate on this forum. God’s remarks that followed hurt my feelings even worse. He said I must accept that I’m ugly (and accept something else that would ruin my life) or else he will refuse to make good on the full extent of the financial miracle he promised me will happen next February. In other words, God is asking me to put myself down, tell myself how ugly I am, and marry someone who makes me feel worthless and inferior and who will cause lifelong psychological suffering, or I’m not worthy of the full extent of his long-promised financial miracle that will occur two months from now.

Please pray and ask God to apologize for his extremely unfair criticism of me. Also, it isn’t right to deny someone the full extent of a long-promised financial miracle just because I refuse to put myself down and call myself ugly (as well as that other thing that I don't wan to talk about). I’m not ugly: I just need to lose weight and find other ways to improve my appearance. Also, I want God to realize that comments like what I experienced last night hurt my feelings. Please pray and ask God to be more sensitive to me.
@Saint of Light

If you are a true Christian you are very immature and have a lot to learn and a lot of growing to do. If you want to grow then you need to be with a group of Christians in a good church setting who would be able to disciple you.

You are seeing God all wrong. He needs to apologise to nobody.

You sound very young so may I suggest that you read your bible prayerfully and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal God's character to you. God doesn't do thing our way, He is the Sovereign LORD.

Isaiah 55:8-9
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Wow! whomever you were with in your vision/dream was not God. I also agree that you are only a young believer who has not yet had a personal, one-on one relationship with him other wise you would not ask us to get God to apologize to you??? :IDK:

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I think your understanding of how God behaves is the result of an entity other than God whispering in your ear.
Jesus is the measure of how God is ...not the voices which say all sorts of things, even purporting to be God.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God would not do this!!! The adversary would. Are you on any meds?

Ask the Creator to apologize? Are you kidding me?
God created you. If you have things you need to work on, then He will help. He NEVER said you were ugly.
Amen. you are under spiritual warfare or something just like I am recently. I've been hurt, feeling sad and depressed and my head hurts. I prayed about it and I will pray for you.

Reactions: Nancy and Cassandra

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was watching Star Trek no 77 The Savage Curtam.

Abraham Lincoln was on his and Lieutenant Uhura came along and Abe said, What a charming negress. and then pondered the remark.

Uhura turned to him and said, But why should I object to that term, Sir ? You see, in our century, we've learned not to fear words.

Now that show was set back in the 1960's ? but look at how far that we have come ? in reality no where in fact, for the issue is not the real issue but a setup for dupes, why is that ! well because carnal people are of this world in fact, that is full of deceptions and delusions in fact !

Now when one upsets ones feelings ? who is the greater ? the one who says stupid ignorant things or the one who can just see reality for what it truly is in fact ?
I know ugly people but it's truly what is on the inside that i love about anyone by far, so strive be the best that you can be and they will be ashamed to make such a call regarding one.

I remember at school grade 7 and the teacher made me sit with a girl who was fat and had a patch over her eye and glasses for punishment ? She was a nice girl never a bad thing done against anyone, but kids can be so cruel and so is any idiot in fact !
She looks nice now however, i would see her at times at a mates place etc and she rang me once and made out bunging on that she was some girl who i knew teasing me some what and i was like Who ? i have had that type of game played before by mates girl friends. but then it's HAHA ! are well tricks people will play, all's fine.
I do not remember being nasty to her and she has never said that i did, but i was not impressed, regards the Class intent was the only issue, we got on fine.

When i look back at school days, that was a nasty period, not nice at all, some real nasty people one comes across. Teachers as well ! not nice at all ! Looking back i do not know why i went, wild horses would not drive my back to them days.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are too proud of your appearance and only want compliments, you are full of pride and arrogance. If you are a true Born again from above Christian, you need to heed God's warnings of arrogance. God will discipline His children and it will hurt, but you have to change.

Isaiah 64:6
We are all infected and impure with sin.
When we display our righteous deeds,
they are nothing but filthy rags.

Reactions: Nancy