Please Pray': Female Shooter Killed During Attack at Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The woman-- who was transitioning.... was an attendee of the church.

She had been seeing counselors during the divorce process with her husband-- Enrique Carranza-- who is imprisoned in Florida after being convicted of not registering as a sex offender.

Enrique's mom-- (who is Genesse's mother-in-law) goes by Rabbi Walli Carranza..... a faith leader. She speculates that her daughter-in-law suffers from mental illness and is also anti-semitic--- which brings the question of hate crimes into the mix.

Here is a snapshot of the shooter's mother-in-law and her Colorado Springs-- woke ministry.

Enrique Carranza wrote that he and Moreno met in 2015 when both worked at the Spaghetti Warehouse in downtown Houston. He noted that she became "abusive" soon after they married.

Carranza, in court records, referred to his wife as Jeffrey.

"Jeffrey is a diagnosed schizophrenic, so daily it was a new battle or fight in her realm," documents read.

Carranza states that Moreno also had lupus but stopped taking her medication and became pregnant. He asserts that she continued to use other drugs, however, and their son was born prematurely with drugs in his system.

"I currently fear that my wife will harm my son because she knows that all I wanted my whole life was to be a father, and I will not allow hate to be taught to my son," Carranza wrote.

Divorce documents show Moreno also accused Carranza of abuse.

ABC13 also found that Carranza's mother, a rabbi, filed several affidavits as an intervener in the couple's divorce. The documents focused on Moreno's extensive mental health history and the involvement of state child welfare officials. One affidavit stated that Connie Eicher, a friend of Carranza's mother, was prepared to testify on Moreno's alleged conduct. Eicher told ABC13 that Carranza, Moreno, and their 7-year-old son briefly stayed with her in 2019, a few months before their divorce.

Law enforcement told ABC13 one of Moreno's weapons had "Palestine" written on it and that they found "antisemitic writings." Eicher told ABC13 she believes Carranza's Jewish heritage contributed to the alleged antisemitism.

In a Facebook post on Monday, Moreno's former mother-in-law wrote, "Although my former daughter-in-law raged against Israel and Jews in a pro-Palestinian rant yesterday, this has nothing to do with Judaism or Islam. Nothing! But this is what happens when reckless and irresponsible reporting lets people with severe mental illness have an excuse for violence."

Carranza, a registered sex offender, first won custody of the couple's son in Harris County. However, he lost custody when the divorce was finalized in Montgomery County in 2022. He is currently incarcerated in Florida for failure to register as a sex offender.

Moreno is accused of bringing the couple's 7-year-old son to Sunday's attack. Houston police told ABC13 he is in critical condition. His grandmother said he was shot in the head.

On Facebook, she wrote, "No one may ever blame a police officer who carries out his or her rightful duty to save lives even if they are found responsible for shooting my grandson. The fault lies in a Child Protective Services of Montgomery County and Harris County which refused to remove custody from a woman with known mental illness who was not being treated and with the State of Texas for not having strong red flag laws that would have prevented (Moreno) from owning or possessing a gun."

Another aspect of Moreno's life that investigators are looking through includes her extensive social media postings. Moreno presented herself as a real estate investor, though ABC13 could not locate her records as a realtor or real estate license holder.

In Instagram postings, Moreno at one point included a photo of a weapon and asked if anyone knew how to "clean an AR-15" in the caption.

"The system failed (Moreno), and the system failed the little boy too," Eicher said. "The bottom line is anybody who has psychiatric problems who threatens other people shouldn't be allowed to carry (guns)."

Reactions: Chains Broken

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It looks like they are suggesting the shooter was not transgender, but rather that it was a misconception based on a past criminal history using "Jeffery" as an alias (Heavy). For what it's worth, she (?) does appear much more female than male in her mugshots dating back to 2005.

The shooter is reportedly the biological mother of her 7-year-old son whom she used as a human shield and as a result was shot in the head during the attack. This child is special needs and his father is a sex offender who is currently in prison in Florida. This man is the ex-husband of the shooter, and comes from a Jewish family, therefore the news suggests that her antisemitism could have stemmed from their divorce. The authorities also found antisemetic writings of hers.

APNews says the shooter was "charged in six criminal cases from 2005 to 2011" under the name Jeffery Escalante. "The charges ranged from forging a $100 bill, to stealing socks, hats and makeup, to assault for kicking a detention officer".

Jeremy Rogalski, a Houston reporter on Twitter said she had "prior arrests for assault, forgery, marijuana possession, theft, evading, and unlawful carrying weapon", also under the name Jeffery Escalante.

Neighbors say that the shooter has tried to run them over, and would intimidate them by bringing firearm cases or crossbows out of her house and doing a hitler sign. The divorce records say she showed no attachment to her special needs son and would not look him in the eye or call him by his name. She is obviously very unstable.

Below are my sources, you can believe what you want. One question that I have is, why/how does she have a criminal history in a name that doesn't even match her sex?

Either way, please pray for her son, he doesn't deserve to suffer like this as a result of his parents' dispicable actions.

"
One question that I have is, why/how does she have a criminal history in a name that doesn't even match her sex?"
In this age, sex/gender, the jails probably have to take your word for it.

There have been cases where men insist they're entitled to enter a woman's prison because they claim to be female.

Oddly,again as with sports, women claiming to be male don't insist on being incarcerated in male prisons.

Isn't that interesting?

Yeahhhh,they all insist they're really male or female on the inside. Demand access as such to this or that.

Yet females claiming to be male put the brakes on when it comes to vulnerability in an all male environments like jails,prisons, locker rooms, male public showers.

All the sudden they need to protect their vulnerable feminine sex from males. You know, like they claim they are...on the inside.

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"
One question that I have is, why/how does she have a criminal history in a name that doesn't even match her sex?"
In this age, sex/gender, the jails probably have to take your word for it.

There have been cases where men insist they're entitled to enter a woman's prison because they claim to be female.

Oddly,again as with sports, women claiming to be male don't insist on being incarcerated in male prisons.

Is t that interesting?

Yeahhhh,they all insist they're really male or female on the inside. Demand access as such to this or that.

Yet females claiming to be male put the brakes on when it comes to vulnerability in an all male environments like jails,prisons, locker rooms, male public showers.

All the sudden they need to protect their vulnerable feminine sex from males. You know, like they claim they are...on the inside.
If they spent tax money to address this type of thing with real, non-enabling psychiatric care instead of on sex changes I bet we could get some of the country's mental illness issues cleaned up and improve a ton of people's qualities of life.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this person is taking male hormones. might help explain that if it is female born, Nuts, this person used to have Jeffrey for a name
I think this was a man that transitioned into a female. So he probably took female hormones.

Reactions: MA2444

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see that it's already out that the shooter was transgender..

So much for trans & gays not being violent. Where's your proof, christian?!

Here it is...Not very surprising I guess. No wonder they had no details yesterday. A Trans shooter does not fit the media narrative so let's not report that...

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see that it's already out that the shooter was transgender..

So much for trans & gays not being violent. Where's your proof, christian?!

Here it is...Not very surprising I guess. No wonder they had no details yesterday. A Trans shooter does not fit the media narrative so let's not report that...
Wasn't there another shooting (maybe mass shooting) awhile back done by a transgender person? I seem to recall that.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mass shootings are perpetrated by men. The CBS Nightly news refused to even mention the transsexual nature of this person.

If this person is taking male hormones. might help explain that if it is female born, Nuts, this person used to have Jeffrey for a name
Yesterday I posted that article from Fox News in post #21 about the shooter being a transgender on the Christian Forums site and was immediately met with resistance from a 'motley crue' group of liberals who have hijacked the political threads on that site. One of the liberals told me that the shooter wasn't transgender and that a female using a masculine name as an alias has nothing to do with their gender identity. The liberal then told me that he did not see any reliable news source reporting that the shooter was transgender. He then went on to say that the Associated Press, Reuters, Bloomberg News, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and BBC among others are reliable news sources. When I commented, "let's see how long it takes before this story is buried because it doesn't fit the narrative," this group of liberals did not like that answer.

I sarcastically said that I could not imagine how anyone could confuse her with being a transgender. :oops:
1707822303452.png

Reactions: Scott Downey

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reactions: Debp

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yesterday I posted that article from Fox News in post #21 about the shooter being a transgender on the Christian Forums site and was immediately met with resistance from a 'motley crue' group of liberals who have hijacked the political threads on that site. One of the liberals told me that the shooter wasn't transgender and that a female using a masculine name as an alias has nothing to do with their gender identity. The liberal then told me that he did not see any reliable news source reporting that the shooter was transgender. He then went on to say that the Associated Press, Reuters, Bloomberg News, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and BBC among others are reliable news sources. When I commented, "let's see how long it takes before this story is buried because it doesn't fit the narrative," this group of liberals did not like that answer.

I sarcastically said that I could not imagine how anyone could confuse her with being a transgender. :oops:
View attachment 41587
She was a she wanting to be a he, so transgender and also a mentally ill schizophrenic who was abusive in the family according to her ex husband.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasn't there another shooting (maybe mass shooting) awhile back done by a transgender person? I seem to recall that.

I do remember another one did happen. But another poster said something relevant to it and was shouted at Proof! Proof! and I couldn't remember the details so I didnt talk about it. But yeah, I think you're right.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At a private Christian school

I do remember another one did happen. But another poster said something relevant to it and was shouted at Proof! Proof! and I couldn't remember the details so I didnt talk about it. But yeah, I think you're right.
Scott found it.... Nashville, TN. See above.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott found it.... Nashville, TN. See above.

I knew I had heard about that. Thanks.

Oh yes, we're just harmless trans, harmless Drag Queens, tra la la!

So much for that. It will get worse too.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew I had heard about that. Thanks.

Oh yes, we're just harmless trans, harmless Drag Queens, tra la la!

So much for that. It will get worse too.
I don't like when it is pushed onto us. Of course, that is how they are brainwashing others to accept those lifestyles.

I believe in loving my neighbors as Jesus taught us. I treat all people the same. But I don't agree with the brainwashing of society to accept sinful behaviors.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't like when it is pushed onto us. Of course, that is how they are brainwashing others to accept those lifestyles.

I believe in loving my neighbors as Jesus taught us. I treat all people the same. But I don't agree with the brainwashing of society to accept sinful behaviors.

But if we love them and accept them, then they might stop being violent. We better do what they want! Lol Fat chance. A little leaven, leaveneth the whole loaf.

We're at war already.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They try to tell us it is not a mental illness.

Yet they keep proving it is

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But if we love them and accept them, then they might stop being violent. We better do what they want! Lol Fat chance. A little leaven, leaveneth the whole loaf.

We're at war already.
Secular government exists to punish evil doers and keep the peace.
Believers are not of the world; we are only in it for a short time.
It is ok for believers to have to put up with people of this world we don't morally agree with.
We do not judge those who are of the world, God judges them, we are told to judge those who are in the church.

We can and should tell the world, God is going to judge them unworthy of eternal life as they have evil deeds, and an evil nature not being born of God.
The message to the world:
Mark 1
14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel [a]of the kingdom of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God [b]is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”
The message to the church:
1 Corinthians 5
It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even [a]named among the Gentiles—that a man has his father’s wife! 2 And you are [b]puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord [c]Jesus.

6 Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Therefore [d]purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed [e]for us. 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Immorality Must Be Judged​

9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to [f]keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.

11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”