Please Pray': Female Shooter Killed During Attack at Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So......off duty police officers carry their guns when attending church??

It was probably a member of the security team for the church. I think officers who also attend church with their families are recruited into the churh security team. Which makes total sense.

Besides, I thought off duty cops were reqired to be armed.

Reactions: Debp and Wrangler

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Secular government exists to punish evil doers and keep the peace.
Believers are not of the world; we are only in it for a short time.
It is ok for believers to have to put up with people of this world we don't morally agree with.
We do not judge those who are of the world, God judges them, we are told to judge those who are in the church.

We can and should tell the world, God is going to judge them unworthy of eternal life as they have evil deeds, and an evil nature not being born of God.
The message to the world:
Mark 1
14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel [a]of the kingdom of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God [b]is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”
The message to the church:
1 Corinthians 5
It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even [a]named among the Gentiles—that a man has his father’s wife! 2 And you are [b]puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord [c]Jesus.

6 Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Therefore [d]purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed [e]for us. 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Immorality Must Be Judged​

9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to [f]keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.

11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

I understand what you said and I agree with you. But I have one question, What makes you think that the off duty cop wasnt be led by the Spirit to...Stop Him!

Violence is not a way of life for Christian people. God is the way of life for Christian people. It's not like he wanted to do it. But God sure has led His people into battle before, many times. All over the OT.

Build a wall around Jerusalem and let the builders wear swords is what God told them in one instance. (Because they might be attacked). Well...Joel Osteen's church was attacked.

Was it really the cop who was smart enough to have the forethought that I should go armed...or did the Lord tell him to wear his pistol that day? It might have been either. But regardless, when a man walks in with an AR15 and begins shooting, this is called a "sudden emergency" when there's no time to pray, you must fight and take that sucker out!

I'd rather have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it. I've been armed in church countless times. I never had to use it praise the Lord. No one ever had to fear me either. So me and my gun walked out of the service yet again...and nothing bad happened and no one even knew I was strapped to the teeth. Huh. Because I love them people, my Brothers & Sisters.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though I am also aware there may come a time where God will require me to give up my life for Christ.

That's right. But that tells us also that we can walk right into the valley of the shadow of death and not fear anything.

It's not way f life. It's not being lacking in love for our neighbor. It's for when there is a sudden emergency and there isn't time to pray.

There are many evil people on earth who would hurt christians for no reason. Soon the persecution will come and when it does I bet it comes in fast with a bang. Boom, it's now a Felony Capital offense to be Christian or own a Bible! It really aint even about the guns. It's about the Lord. Our Lord.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An old pastor of mine was a much younger pastor during the Vietnam war. A friend of his was an Army recruiter. The recruiter bought him a cup of coffee and asks him, "Preacher, why can't you Christians make up your minds?"

"What do you mean, Sam?"

"Half of the young people in your church are marching in the streets protesting the war. The other half are enlisting!"

"Well Sam, God calls some to be peacemakers. God calls others to protect those who cannot protect themselves. You have to respect both callings."

I had a friend on the old Key Life Forums. He's gone now. The leukemia he picked up from exposure to Agent Orange in a place where officially we never were finally got him. But he found this story comforting. Miss you, Kodak.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Debp

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I understand what you said and I agree with you. But I have one question, What makes you think that the off duty cop wasnt be led by the Spirit to...Stop Him!

Violence is not a way of life for Christian people. God is the way of life for Christian people. It's not like he wanted to do it. But God sure has led His people into battle before, many times. All over the OT.

Build a wall around Jerusalem and let the builders wear swords is what God told them in one instance. (Because they might be attacked). Well...Joel Osteen's church was attacked.

Was it really the cop who was smart enough to have the forethought that I should go armed...or did the Lord tell him to wear his pistol that day? It might have been either. But regardless, when a man walks in with an AR15 and begins shooting, this is called a "sudden emergency" when there's no time to pray, you must fight and take that sucker out!

I'd rather have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it. I've been armed in church countless times. I never had to use it praise the Lord. No one ever had to fear me either. So me and my gun walked out of the service yet again...and nothing bad happened and no one even knew I was strapped to the teeth. Huh. Because I love them people, my Brothers & Sisters.
Sure enough. He is part of the local government which is authorized by God. I am not however a cop.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A church I used to go to, a member was a cop, and carried a gun while at the church. And no one had any issue with that.
I don't recall it being visible carrying. He is a friend and I asked him if he was armed, and he absolutely said yes, and the pastors knew it.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think brandishing a gun like she did to neighbors, is illegal.

The woman who shot up Joel Osteen’s mega-church with an AR-style rifle used to intimidate neighbors by brandishing guns and crossbows while throwing Nazi salutes — and only referred to the young special-needs son she took with her on the attack as “the boy.”

Before the shocking attack on the Houston-area Lakewood Church Sunday, Genesse Ivonne Moreno, 36, had terrorized her neighborhood in Conroe, Texas — with police called multiple times to the home she shared with her mother and her 7-year-old son, according to neighbors.

“Her way of intimidation was to bring the gun cases in and out, crossbows,” one neighbor told Fox 26.

“She’d come out, have her gun cases, do heil Hitler [salute], flip you off, call you the b-word, or something. It was something every day.”

Another neighbor claimed that Moreno even tried to run them over with her car.

He was left fighting for life after being hit in the head as police shot and killed his mom.

Moreno shared the boy with her ex-husband, a registered sex offender — and demonstrated “no attachment to the child,” according to divorce records cited by the local station.

Instead of calling the 7-year-old by his name, Moreno referred to him as “the boy” and made “no eye contact with him,” the filings stated.

Reactions: Chains Broken

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this was a man that transitioned into a female. So he probably took female hormones.
I think it's the other way around, that she's a women who was going by a man's name in past arrests. She had an ex husband and the police said she was the biological mother of the boy who was her human shield.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's the other way around, that she's a women who was going by a man's name in past arrests. She had an ex husband and the police said she was the biological mother of the boy who was her human shield.
Yes, but they first said a man identifying as a woman.... and gave a male and female name.

Yes, they said biological son but how do they know since she is dead and the boy cannot talk in the hospital.

Could be the ex husbands child...? Just odd she referred to him as the boy. And seeming that she was going to either use him as a shield, or to gain access to the church.

Im cusious if they have talked to the ex yet

Reactions: Chains Broken

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but they first said a man identifying as a woman.... and gave a male and female name.

Yes, they said biological son but how do they know since she is dead and the boy cannot talk in the hospital.

Could be the ex husbands child...? Just odd she referred to him as the boy. And seeming that she was going to either use him as a shield, or to gain access to the church.

Im cusious if they have talked to the ex yet
Her ex-mother-in-law mentioned that she used drugs during her pregnancy, and with the divorce I believe there was a custody battle, it probably would have came out if she was not the biological mother.

I don't know if they've talked to the ex-husband since the attack but in the divorce papers he referred to her as "Jeffery" but also as "she" and "my wife". The male name is confusing but its seems like she just used a man's name because she's crazy. She also dressed her son in girl's clothes.

She clearly abuses her son but I think that's a case of her being severely menally ill.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure who's more confused, the shooter, or the news organizations reporting it.

CHyPrzXa.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Debp

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Her ex-mother-in-law mentioned that she used drugs during her pregnancy, and with the divorce I believe there was a custody battle, it probably would have came out if she was not the biological mother.

I don't know if they've talked to the ex-husband since the attack but in the divorce papers he referred to her as "Jeffery" but also as "she" and "my wife". The male name is confusing but its seems like she just used a man's name because she's crazy. She also dressed her son in girl's clothes.

She clearly abuses her son but I think that's a case of her being severely menally ill.

It's a very messed up family situation.

1. The mother-in-law. She calls herself Rabbi Dr Walli Carranza. And she really is a PhD doctor from the University of Texas- Houston. She was a nurse, who went on to get her PhD in Nursing. Her first husband died, and she remarried to a man that she discovered was unfaithful to her with infidelity over a period of 18 years. She decided that she has PTSD from this and from other abuse going on within the family including troubles with her son and his wife-- the subject in this case. This "Rabbi" is the senior leader of a progressive Jewish community-- which is just what it sounds like. She moved from Houston to Colorado Springs and she leads a similar group in France as an ex-pat. She also has a counselling business called Summit Counseling where she provides help to immigrants. Before become a Rabbi and while a student at UT Houston-- she was deeply involved in Catholic Students Association and Catholic charities that focus on aiding illegal immigrants.

2. Her son. Enrique Carranza-- the shooter's ex-husband. He's a convicted child molester. He and the shooter have a special needs son together (so yes, the shooter is a biological female-- but all kinds of messed up in the head). Enrique was caught up in his family drama of abuse and became an abuser himself. He and the shooter had recently gone through a divorce and at least one of them had some counseling at Lakewood Church. He is currently incarcerated after moving to Florida and not reporting as a sex offender there.

3. The shooter. She was closely linked to her mother-in-law and all things progressive. LGBTQ++, illegal immigration, Palestine, education system, George Floyd and on and on. A rebel looking for a cause. She called her special needs son only by -the boy- and it was this child who was shot at Lakewood either by her as she fired rounds or by those who returned fire and ended the crisis. He's not expected to survive. She has several videos posted complaining about Teachers at school, or neighbors and several writings complaining about Jews-- like those in her husband's family, particularly this Rabbi Dr Walli Carranza.

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a very messed up family situation.

1. The mother-in-law. She calls herself Rabbi Dr Walli Carranza. And she really is a PhD doctor from the University of Texas- Houston. She was a nurse, who went on to get her PhD in Nursing. Her first husband died, and she remarried to a man that she discovered was unfaithful to her with infidelity over a period of 18 years. She decided that she has PTSD from this and from other abuse going on within the family including troubles with her son and his wife-- the subject in this case. This "Rabbi" is the senior leader of a progressive Jewish community-- which is just what it sounds like. She moved from Houston to Colorado Springs and she leads a similar group in France as an ex-pat. She also has a counselling business called Summit Counseling where she provides help to immigrants. Before become a Rabbi and while a student at UT Houston-- she was deeply involved in Catholic Students Association and Catholic charities that focus on aiding illegal immigrants.

2. Her son. Enrique Carranza-- the shooter's ex-husband. He's a convicted child molester. He and the shooter have a special needs son together (so yes, the shooter is a biological female-- but all kinds of messed up in the head). Enrique was caught up in his family drama of abuse and became an abuser himself. He and the shooter had recently gone through a divorce and at least one of them had some counseling at Lakewood Church. He is currently incarcerated after moving to Florida and not reporting as a sex offender there.

3. The shooter. She was closely linked to her mother-in-law and all things progressive. LGBTQ++, illegal immigration, Palestine, education system, George Floyd and on and on. A rebel looking for a cause. She called her special needs son only by -the boy- and it was this child who was shot at Lakewood either by her as she fired rounds or by those who returned fire and ended the crisis. He's not expected to survive. She has several videos posted complaining about Teachers at school, or neighbors and several writings complaining about Jews-- like those in her husband's family, particularly this Rabbi Dr Walli Carranza.
Yes and it's worth noting that not only was Enrique an abuser but the shooter was also an abuser toward her ex and their son.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and it's worth noting that not only was Enrique an abuser but the shooter was also an abuser toward Enrique and their son.

Incredibly sad. A cycle of abuse--mental and sexual and most of all--- mental illness where all were concerned. I'm praying that the boy is granted peace.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not know that.
Imagine if it happened. Women claiming to be male in an all male prison.

While She-males,as in sports, sing a different tune.

This is typical now I guess. It doesn't seem to be a clash of rights that insures she-males don't threaten women in sports, but in prison? Oh,that's troubling?