Please pray for my family

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
I really don't know where to start. Today a lot has happened and I feel I have to share this with some fellow Christians. I stayed at my parent's house since I was feeling sick, after having taken care of my mother who was sick as well. My mother has a poor health and also is a very anxious person. I know my father played a very big role in her state of being.
My father is a sad person really. He had a hard youth and has a past of addiction to hard drugs and things that go a long with it. He is unemployed and hangs out with the wrong types of persons. Most of them unemployed and have a negative outlook on life, playing the victims of society. At least that's what I came to understand, since he lives his private life secretly. But he is always defending his way of life and his friends way of life.
While at home he can be nice at times and suddenly he changes in character and becomes evil. Out of nowhere. He has an angerness in him that is not to be ignored and he is being very verbally abusive. He got of of hard drugs (with the help of prayer he told me) but smokes cannabis since I can remember, even though my mother doesn't agree, she ignores it out of fear. She just isn't strong enough to make a standpoint and even if she does he doesn't take it seriously enough. She is trying to find excuses why things are still are the way they are.
Since I am trying to be more close to God, which my parents find very positive, I realize how evil this situation is.Today I let myself go in angerness because I was just getting out of depression and he was being verbally agressive again for no reason. My mother was a witness of it and became upset as well. The only thing he can do is point the finger at me and he sees nothing wrong with his immoral behaviour. He just doesn't see the evilness of it. I know satan is playing a role in this. My mother is very weak and is incapable of coping with this, although she's trying. I told the only and first step in the rigth direction is him getting of drugs. My mother is recently beginning to realize this. I sent her an email of addiction care in the hope she'll persuade him to get help. I am at my place now to get a peace of mind. I really think taking distance right now is the only way to keep my sanity. My mother is home alone having a huge head ache and my father is gone, fleeing from his problems. He'll return later this evening playing the victim again. Please pray for God's light in this darkness and that satan power over our family will be broken once and for all. I'll appreciate it a lot.

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
I am very thankful for your prayer jburic09032 :)
I myself have prayed for this situation and wisdom from the Holy Spirit as well. These days a lot of positive things are happening. My father seems to behave more friendly and is willing to quit drugs and other bad behaviours..It truly is a miracle. He even called me to do something together. When he's acting off I can stay calm and discern where it is coming from and he is friendly again.
It seems I can discern behaviour of my mother as well. I will not give into her anxiety anymore and I'll see how things develop. She's also quite happy with the recent changes in the household.
I also notice that since I'm getting closer to the Lord and are more hungry for Truth that people react differently to me. Most of my friends and aquaintances are non Christians and I noticed that two of them can't stand me anymore..I haven't even talked about Christianity, but it seems like it is written on my forehead.
A third one, a girl who I only saw in a group (we eat dinner together regularly) became more and more hostile to me and I decided to break contact with her. The other friends where very suprised at first and now- at the son's birthday of one of my friends- they seem to understand where I am coming from without really speaking out and we relate quite well again. One friend who used to react with the same hostility a few years ago and who I broke contact with was there as well and the dinner was really peaceful and fun..Darkness really can't stand Light..those are the words three Christians told me recently. A world is opening up to me :eek:

jburic09032

May 1, 2008
Greenville, South Carolina
Im so glad things are beginning to pick up again :)
I'll continue to pray for complete restoration of your family :)
And by the way, Christianity SHOULD be written on your forehead. It SHOULD show and be a light in darkness :)
Im happy for you! :D

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
praying...
prayinghardsmiley.gif

Bless you
peacedove.gif

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
Grateful for your prayers too Angelina :) It really is helpful.
I really find myself in a renewal process. Before coming to Christ I already was changing, but now the Spirit is convicting more and I literally feel like 'loosing my old self'. For the better of course. I also see things so clearly. The Holy Spirit truly is a gift. My father really tries to change after a life long of bad choices. I pray for him to resist temptation and endure the battle. He really is suffering badly right now, but says he knows this is the way..I see things are really changing..

Thanks jburic09032. So kind of you :) You are right. It should be written on my forehead. I'm not ashamed of it. And it's ok if people don't understand, reject me or make weird remarks. I should take it as a compliment.

I was thinking of these verses:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12)
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me (Matthew 16:24)

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
Thanks to the both of you. The Lord truly is very faithful.
Angelina I think I finaly begin to get to realize this
jburic09032 I definitely will :)

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
1 Peter 4:10

The Truth of the Word of God is finally beginning to break through to my parents. And lots of 'coincedences' are happening. Praise the Lord! I was discussing certain topics with them (e.g. the fact that Mary shouldn't be prayed to and that my view of evil was too dogmatic according to them) but they kept defending certain manmade principles/realities. I knew I had to persist and not fight with them so I read out loud Ephesians 6:10-16 and finally they understood. The Word truly is a mighty weapon. Amen.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That's marvelous...may the Lord our God continue to direct your steps by the power and the unction/prompting of the Holy Spirit. ^_^

Shalom!!!

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
It's so nice to be able to share this with you. Thanks for the support jburic and Angelina :) God bless this forum.
Lately a lot has happened. It's too much but I'll share a part with you.
The bond between my father and me is developing into a friendship, I can say. I only used to have a close connection with my mother. My father used to be nervous in my company and the other way around and now I noticed he is more relaxed and really looking forward to be in my company. He is of course still having a rough time, with nightmares and all, but he is persisting. He is really being tested. His very old Chinese mother, raised Catholic and living abroad, is in a critical situation because of an infected wound. She is staying in a nursing home and isn't able to talk through the phone. She told him in the past that she was being harrassed by evil spirits send to her by neighbours. I believe she is being harrassed honestly, because since her divorce she has been depressed and having outbursts of abnormal behaviour. I haven't met her since I was two years old. Another son of hers is taking part in occult practices (he believes in forces of nature). He isn't Christian and believes it is benign..In the past he has done stuff with herbs to cure her when she was ill. At the moment he is abroad and is taking care of her. I told my father that this could have a negative impact on her and I want to contact somebody of a local evangelical denomination to pray for her. In the past she told my father that once an aunt prayed for her and she felt a sense of relief immediately. My father's eyes about spiritual warfare are opened now. He was raised Catholic and was taught a false doctrine.
My mother was raised Catholic as well. She is taking part in the process as well and there is some improvement, but she is unfortunately reverting/holding on to the Mary doctrine. She is too stuborn to give up her religion. Lately she is the one who is resisting. I will practice patience and pray for wisdom for her as well.

I was taking part in a second bible class last week. To improve my knowledge of scripture. An aquaintance of my mother, had intitiated it. I didn't know her well but noticed she is of the dupeable kind. Once I was entering her livingroom where two others were seated I felt an enormous shock at the top of my head/back of my neck. And I layed eyes on the man and woman and it really felt plain wrong. The whole time we were there talking about plans for the bible class and our expectations etc. I was under enormous tension. The man couldn't properly look me in the eye and his eyes were switching and he was talking very fast. They were both friends of each other. After a while he told me he used to be heavily involved in occult practices like calling spirits etc and had left it behind. And his elderly female friend understated that by telling us he ripped his witchcraft book apart. The last statement felt a bit fake to me, but of course you can't prove anything. I was perplexed but tried to appear calm. There were more strange remarks being made. After class the guy was gone without saying goodbye properly. I told the whole experience to the owner of a Christian bookshop I went to before and he immediately told me that I was probably right and should never go there again. I wasn't planning either to be honest ;) I warned the aquaintance that she shouldn't take part in that class anymore and she isn't.
Sigh. I thank the Lord for protecting us from straying away from the right path. Amen.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
The most important thing is you not be stumbled tempera. The wicked shall can not rest until they cause someone to stumble "sin" Proverbs 4:16
Proverbs 4:14 applies to the place you went "the unknown woman and the man with shifting eyes.

Above all else don't lean onto your own understanding and be wary of advice unless it's a tried and trusted friend in the Lord.

I've walking "lived" in places like you describe. Stay in the word daily I would recommend a heavy reading of proverbs. It's a book the Lord had me cut my teeth on. The are simple, the Spirit brings them unto remembrance easily, and above all the are very powerful. Many times it's simply better to keep them to yourself they cut threw the heart and pierce a mans soul.

An other verse in light of what I just said, listen and only speak when the Spirit compels you to or you are encouraged by others.
And here is why, Matthew 7:6 this goes for your mother and father as well. Have patience. When I was young I've been in many bloody knockdown drag outs in the Spirit and have been a victor. The wisdom is this, though the battle was won the Lord did not poses the land "the concord", they simply retreat to fight another day. Remember that when sharing with your mother and father. The Lord knows their hearts and it is His desire for them to come to the grace and knowledge of Him. The way to victory is to exercise your Spirit and quit using your head "your own reasoning " Proverbs 3:5-6 " Then you will know the time and place to speak the words of God, when He has prepared their heart for the message you carry.

From reading all your post I see a woman that command a presents, that is the Spirit with in you. Feed the Spirit and you will be a giant among both men and women.

God richly bless you and as Elisha received a double portion of the Spirit that rested on Elijah, I ask in Jesus name for you as well.

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
Love your post Rex. I am going to read it again tomorrow and will definitely follow up your advice. I am busy reading the New Testament, but I will start reading Proverbs. My reading of scripture can be improved, since I'm easily distracted by looking up things on the internet. I also noticed that my mind is floathing away quite easily when I read scripture or if I pray. I know the reason why. I ordered a book When the enemy strikes, authored by Charles Stanley.
Afterwards I know that in the beginning during discussions with my parents I could have been more gentle and patient, but I learned quickly. I heard similar advice (Matthew 7:6) from a clip by dr. Stanley. Now I am trying to practice listening to the Holy Spirit more. Thanks again.

God Bless.

jburic09032

May 1, 2008
Good to hear from you!
Things keep getting better and better with your parents, thank God!

Yes, sounds weird, I would stay away from anything like that also.

I'm amazed at your determination, and am sure it will result in good! :)

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
True jburic. Things are changing for the better, although I know I also have to keep in mind that there will be setbacks in the future. I'm persistent because once you know the Truth there is no way back ;) Glad to share this with you guys. For me this is a brand new start, so it is quite overwhelming at times. But the things that are happening lately are truly remarkable.

God bless.

jburic09032

May 1, 2008
I'm glad it seems that way to you, but you do always have to be careful....because there is a way back. And Satan will make it look very tempting. We all need to put on the Armor of God, to keep this from happening(Ephesians 6).

Praying for you! :)