Please pray for my family

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That is just awesome tempera! It is so exciting..."Walking with God!" He is good!
...continuing to uplift you in prayer
15qdnpk.gif

Be Blessed!!!

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
Dear fellows in Christ,
It has been some tumultuous days..My grandmother died almost two weeks ago, so my father is abroad for a month.The bond between us has deepened, but the bond between my mother and I has worsened. I unfortunately fell in the trap of arguing several times, since I let my old self take over once in a while. She mostly hangs on stubbornly to most of her old beliefs, so it seems. I know I have to be patient, but it's hard to be like that around family you love. It's a weak spot I have to be wary about. I also noticed that seeing unbelieving friends and staying in Christ is strenuous. The danger is sliding away from the Path. I have to work on that one. Positive news is that the Holy Spirit spoke to me several times through the Word. That has been an amazing. I missed bibleclass and church lately so I'm looking forward to it these coming days.

jburic09032

May 1, 2008
Greenville, South Carolina
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother and your Mom...
I have the same problem with my temperament. Goes out of control when I argue something I feel strongly about.
You dont have believing friends?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother too... :unsure: and I pray that God will give you the opportunity to mend the breach between you Mom and yourself. May the Lord out God continue to bless and encourage you in your walk with him, may he bless and restore all things in the days ahead and may the Joy of the Lord be your strength....continuing to uplift you and family in prayer...
2873u2r.gif

Blessings!!!

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
@ jburic I'm getting there slowly already. It's a work in progress and I know it will work itself out. I'm going to take part in church activities. Thanks for your concern and support. This forum truly is a blessing.
@ Angelina Grateful for your prayers. As always.

Ephesians hits the nail on the head for me these times..

Ephesians 5:11

Bless you.

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
Has been a while. Have been reading His Word and reflecting a lot..And I came to a few conclusions. My last posts can be of use for brothers in Christ who, just like I am, came to Christ quite recently and maybe for others as well.
To be honest with you, as is of highly importance, I was seeing this topic as a place of comfort, not realizing this habit had a negative effect on me. Lesson learned: do not feel obliged to let yourself be heard or "seen".
Another lesson I learned is that I can only be of use for my surroundings if I follow Christ first Matthew 7:26 My focus wasn't right. Instead of staying in Christ I focused on the resistance from outside. So what you said about only talking when the Spirit compels you, is so true Rex.
Last and most important lesson is keep reading the bible and pray for yourself as a basis for growing in Christ and learning to trust Him. Besides that fora and sites can be helpful.

Reactions: dragonfly

Shepherdboy

Dec 4, 2012
I'm kinda entering this like somebody who comes into class halfway through the lesson but I love the progress I'm reading. I'll be praying too. Hang in there; it is totally worth it to stay close to Christ ESPECIALLY in the hard times. Your witness is awesome. Keep it up!

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
Glad it is of use. In hard times He definitely is there. Figuring out what to do next, because my life direction has to be different now. God Bless!

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for your family! Just keep the faith! God bless you!

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
Thanks guys. Strange things are happening, people around me turning against me more or less obvious and I'm having a really hard time with family right now. It feels like a lonely battle at the moment, with no safe haven to go to. I try to keep reading His Word though and pray. Please keep praying for me and my family. God Bless.

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
Dear brothers and sisters,

It has been a while. Mainly because I don't want to post anything that isn't useful for others, myself included. In the beginning you will always make a lot of mistakes. Who doesn't? John 16:13 If you are willing to listen to Him and abide in Him He will show it to you.

I have been attending Bibleclasses and different churches. And since I have been reading the Word on my own and meditating and praying for answers for the situations I encounter God starts to speak more. The Word, the Holy Spirit and the books, sites and words of fellow brothers and sisters will point you in a certain direction. It has to "agree" with what the Holy Spirit already thought you. My latest revelation: Nobody is perfect, BUT God will reveal to you who are the wolves in sheep clothing to stay away from. It takes courage and patience, because you don't want to fall prey to there schemes. God shows which way to handle those situations, because they are useful. It is wise to not do anything in your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5-6

You will be shocked how many wolves there are amongst the flock but don't let that discourage you. Let it encourage you! If you keep putting on your full armour you are good to go. Ephesians 6:11

Test everything. Hold on to the good. 1 Thessalonians 5:21 And trust the Lord! Psalm 9:10

Be brave! God Bless you!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
God bless you as well tempra, I'm happy to hear your pressing on though the narrow gate.
I can hear the confidence in the newness of life, and a growing security in the words you wrote.

Proverbs 2
New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

Moral Benefits of Wisdom

2 My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding,
3 and if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
4 and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord
and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the Lord gives wisdom,
and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7 He holds victory in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
8 for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.

9 Then you will understand what is right and just
and fair—every good path.
10 For wisdom will enter your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
11 Discretion will protect you,
and understanding will guard you.

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
Yes. Wisdom the Lord is willing to give to everyone. Amen!

This is very helpful as well and covering former posts written in a topic concerning False prophets. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

By Sabitarian

Read as a child would, as God loves children and we are told that we must enter as a child. Children have no preconceived notions they are a
clean slate and have no agenda that they must protect.
humble servant of the Lord God Most High
By James Forthwright

You may not be popular, Sabitarian, but you're not without friends and kindred spirits. I especially liked your phrase, "Leave all preconceived notions behind". I also believe that it is important to read the Word of God afresh rather than continuing to view it through doctrinal spectacles that warp
the true meaning of each passage and remove it's spiritual essence from it's full context.

God Bless