Please Pray for Those in the Titan

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With so many praying that God will save them, I am beginning to wonder whether that is for a physical saving or a spiritual saving?

As for me, my prayer does not change that much when praying for people. I pray that God will draw the people in the sub to Himself such that they can feel his presence and know His peace and reassurance that they can surely live and have life.

I often find that God's solution when I find myself in difficult situations is not anything like the solution that I ask for when in that situation. However, I always discover after the event that God's solution for me was the right solution for me in that situation.

The story of Job springs to mind. His solution after having lost everything, was to turn to God in praise and worship. I wonder if we would do that if we found ourselves in the same situation.
Agree. I’ve struggled with prayer avoiding praying. I don’t know if it is loss of hope on my part that He will answer, or my not trusting I pray for the best outcome from His perspective. Yesterday was the first time in a while that I felt moved to pray. I wanted so much for God to show He is the God of Glory who brings up those things from out of the deep. Even if men stood around and cheered they did it. No doubt it would have taken a miracle beyond men. Selfish on my part? Probably. But I wanted to witness those men come up out from the deep. I would cheer…but not that men did the impossible with their advanced equipment.

But you are right. Even on the submarine…we don’t know how God moved inside in those men’s hearts bringing them closer to God. Like John the Baptist in prison, Jesus didn’t go let John out but sent word (paraphrasing) “I am Him John. I am the One you looked for.”

Reactions: Lambano

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have had mixed feelings about this situation. I mean the mission was a choice and a risk made by adults, the only one I feel differently for is the 19year old. The sub itself has had problems before and is uncertified. And yet we pray for a miracle , and of course it would be wonderful if those prayers were answered.
However ‘ tempting fate ‘ comes to mind. The CEO on board knew the issues prior to this mission, but perhaps because they survived before he took it for granted that it would be fine if anything happen.

Reactions: Mr E

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had mixed feelings about this situation. I mean the mission was a choice and a risk made by adults, the only one I feel differently for is the 19year old. The sub itself has had problems before and is uncertified. And yet we pray for a miracle , and of course it would be wonderful if those prayers were answered.
However ‘ tempting fate ‘ comes to mind. The CEO on board knew the issues prior to this mission, but perhaps because they survived before he took it for granted that it would be fine if anything happen.
Me too on the mixed feelings. But I’ve seen or read about people devoting their time to doing things for God like young teens that gathered bibles to take to others. One I remember having a garage full she had gathered (being young)to help by giving them to others who didn’t have one to read. her being in an accident before being able to accomplish her goal. My thinking ….she didn’t deserve passing so soon. Then the men on the submarine my conflict of they were privileged having excess money and chose to go on the expedition. Mixed feelings because of my assuming who deserves a tragedy and who doesn’t. And who needed more time.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Me too on the mixed feelings. But I’ve seen or read about people devoting their time to doing things for God like young teens that gathered bibles to take to others. One I remember having a garage full she had gathered (being young)to help by giving them to others who didn’t have one to read. her being in an accident before being able to accomplish her goal. My thinking ….she didn’t deserve passing so soon. Then the men on the submarine my conflict of they were privileged having excess money and chose to go on the expedition. Mixed feelings because of my assuming who deserves a tragedy and who doesn’t. And who needed more time.
In this world there are so many unanswered questions with regards to tragedies and none of us can fathom them out because we don’t see or know everything.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They have found a debris field near the titanic - they are giving a news conference at 8pm ( it’s 5:15pm now ) I presume they want to investigate the debris to confirm Its the sub. In all honesty if the sub imploded then they would have died instantly, which is way better than waiting to die over a period of 90hours.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have found a debris field near the titanic - they are giving a news conference at 8pm ( it’s 5:15pm now ) I presume they want to investigate the debris to confirm Its the sub. In all honesty if the sub imploded then they would have died instantly, which is way better than waiting to die over a period of 90hours.

Minutes ago.
The Independent

Missing Titanic sub latest updates - Debris field found in search area hours after oxygen cut-off

There's video at the article link as well. This is local reporting.
Sad news. Thanks for posting, didn’t know until I saw this. But like Rita said it was also hard thinking about a group knocking and waiting for the air to run out.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Titan did implode the question then becomes, why? Oxygen is very combustible.
Former employees voiced safety concerns regarding the submersible long before this expedition.

If there was an implosion wouldn't the search systems have picked that up on audio coverage?

It's a wait and see and pray more, at this point.

I feel for the family and friends too.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if the French equipment, it would take too long to get back to the surface. Either way, I do so hope they will keep looking for it, so the families can have a proper Burial.
I agree Rita, at this point it would have to be God's intervention.

Reactions: ButterflyJones

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there are no bodies left. They are saying there was an implosion.
If so, they went quickly. That I am grateful for. Much better that being buried alive.
I will continue to pray for the family.

I don't know why I'm bringing this up, but about 14 years before the Titanic sank, there was a book written by a gentleman named Morgan Robertson, entitled "Futility" or :The Wreck of the titan" . It talked about a ship considered unsinkable that hit an iceberg with a large loss of life. It is strange that the submersible was named "Titan". which now sits not far from the Titanic on the ocean floor.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there are no bodies left. They are saying there was an implosion.
If so, they went quickly. That I am grateful for. Much better that being buried alive.
I will continue to pray for the family.

I don't know why I'm bringing this up, but about 14 years before the Titanic sank, there was a book written by a gentleman named Morgan Robertson, entitled "Futility" or :The Wreck of the titan" . It talked about a ship considered unsinkable that hit an iceberg with a large loss of life. It is strange that the submersible was named "Titan". which now sits not far from the Titanic on the ocean floor.

Huh, that's interesting...I remember, years before 911, I saw a video showing certain clips from that silly show The Simpsons. In the one clip, they showed the twin towers on fire, through one of the windows, cartoon windows. Anybody seen that video? It was several years before the planes flew into the towers. There were other VERY interesting things like that in the video. Think I'll try to find it...if it's still out there.

• Wow
Reactions: dev553344

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When people believe and worship the man fashioned gods of Science, and how these gods of science will save us from our own foolishness, then we are on a collision course with the One True God. When man built a tower reaching up into the heavens, the One true God came and brought confusion into the language of that day and the people went their independent ways and began their journey to the four ends of the earth.

What is the response that God makes in scripture? Can the idols that man has worshipped over the Ages have the ability to talk, to control the wind or the rain, or the pestilence or the locusts that consume the goodness around us? The answer is no, the idols have no ability to help mankind. As recorded in the Book of Revelations, that, over the other religions, metaphorically called mountains/hill that we worship today, Satan rests over all of them, to hide the abyss under each of these unholy religions, with his evil.

So often we are asked to pray, by some members, for outcomes, that are in fact have more to do with their/our own fears, than about strengthening our reliance on the one true God, who brought into being all that we can see that came into existence, including our selves.

When the chips are down in our lives, where do we place our reliance? On whom do we call for our salvation?

When we hear/read these requests, we need to first ask God how we should pray. We should not pray such that we hope it is within God's purposes for His Glory to be seen.

Shalom

PS: - When we step over that fine line and begin to tell God what He should do, we have replaced God with a god like puppet. That is not the God that I want to bring my praise and worship too.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: ButterflyJones

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When people believe and worship the man fashioned gods of Science, and how these gods of science will save us from our own foolishness, then we are on a collision course with the One True God. When man built a tower reaching up into the heavens, the One true God came and brought confusion into the language of that day and the people went their independent ways and began their journey to the four ends of the earth.

What is the response that God makes in scripture? Can the idols that man has worshipped over the Ages have the ability to talk, to control the wind or the rain, or the pestilence or the locusts that consume the goodness around us? The answer is no, the idols have no ability to help mankind. As recorded in the Book of Revelations, that, over the other religions, metaphorically called mountains/hill that we worship today, Satan rests over all of them, to hide the abyss under each of these unholy religions, with his evil.

So often we are asked to pray, by some members, for outcomes, that are in fact have more to do with their/our own fears, than about strengthening our reliance on the one true God, who brought into being all that we can see that came into existence, including our selves.

When the chips are down in our lives, where do we place our reliance? On whom do we call for our salvation?

When he hear/read these requests, we need to first ask God how we should pray. We should not pray suck that we hope it is within God's purposes for His Glory to be seen.

Shalom

PS: - When we step over that fine line and begin to tell God what He should do, we have replaced God with a god like puppet. That is not the God that I want to bring my praise and worship too.
So I'm supposed to pray to God to ask how to pray to God? We didn't tell God what to do--- we ASKED.
What is manifest here is called empathy. It is perfectly ok.
On more than one thread in the Prayer Forum, you have told folk what they should and shouldn't pray for. You have got to be kidding me. you sound so arrogant, tell us what we should be doing, how you would do/not do it, and then frost it with a nice Shalom. I see nowhere in your post any caring or concern. I told you this on another thread here, when you were dogging someone else who asked for prayer.
I'm putting you on ignore,so if you respond you are talking to the hand.
Shalom.

Cracks me up how you police this forum and tell folk how and what they should pray for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When he hear/read these requests, we need to first ask God how we should pray. We should not pray suck that we hope it is within God's purposes for His Glory to be seen.

Shalom

Where's your compassion in this prayer thread?

Instead of preaching self righteous indignation this thread exists for the reasons already repeatedly stated, commit to introspection and find out why rather than your prayers offering, you judge those who offered them.

Shame in you! Shame!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard the 19 year old guy was very afraid of going on the excursion. His aunt said the 19 year old felt something wasn't right. But the aunt said he went along with his dad.

So sad.

Also, a scientist said that hairline cracks or some weakening after so many trips down to the Titanic could have been the reason for the implosion.

One man, professional photographer, went on the Titan one time. He said so many things were going wrong that he didn't accept going again to film for his TV show.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where's your compassion in this prayer thread?

Instead of preaching self righteous indignation this thread exists for the reasons already repeatedly stated, commit to introspection and find out why rather than your prayers offering, you judge those who offered them.

Shame in you! Shame!

ButterflyJones, thank you for becoming angry at me and for your preaching at me and judging me.

Now did I not show compassion for those who were trapped in the submersible vessel when I prayed thus in Post #26 above: -

As for me, my prayer does not change that much when praying for people. I pray that God will draw the people in the sub to Himself such that they can feel his presence and know His peace and reassurance that they can surely live and have life.

Whether I posted my prayer before the sub imploded, is a question that I cannot answer, but from the first OP, the quoted prayer was on my heart for those trapped inside that sub.

My pray was that God would draw those in the sub to Himself and that they would feel His presence with them and know his peace and reassurance, that they can surely live and have life.

Was not my compassion for those trapped was that they would be drawn into God's loving embrace and know His peace for the future life that they could choose to live in if they so desired. Was that not the best outcome possible for them.

Oh well, such is life.

Now you can give me another angry like if you want too again.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They found the vessel on the ocean floor, total loss of pressure, everyone is lost. https://weather.com/news/news/2023-06-22-titanic-sub-found-ocean-gate-titan-coast-guard

ButterflyJones, thank you for becoming angry at me and for your preaching at me and judging me.

Now did I not show compassion for those who were trapped in the submersible vessel when I prayed thus in Post #26 above: -

Whether I posted my prayer before the sub imploded, is a question that I cannot answer, but from the first OP, the quoted prayer was on my heart for those trapped inside that sub.

My pray was that God would draw those in the sub to Himself and that they would feel His presence with them and know his peace and reassurance, that they can surely live and have life.

Was not my compassion for those trapped was that they would be drawn into God's loving embrace and know His peace for the future life that they could choose to live in if they so desired. Was that not the best outcome possible for them.

Oh well, such is life.

Now you can give me another angry like if you want too again.
See, a prayer such as you offered in post 26 is found disingenuous when you post as you did in post 53.
In point of fact post 53 shines as your true self because it appears after so many others, as you imply, posted after you in ways you condemn.
And your aversion to science is absurd. Science is of God. You cannot see that. Which is obvious And as God wills.

And no, since you feed on others anger at your shameful compassion less behavior I'll just stop paying you attention.

Reactions: dev553344