Please pray with us/me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Helen;

Prayer for you continues. I do not pretend to understand suffering even after a lifetime of it.

My own mother came down with Lupus, the wolf, at a mere twenty five. Childhood was a succession of operations, hospital stays and recoveries. My father had a cerebral aneurysm at 43 and went into the VA. It left him speechless and paralyzed on the right side of his body.

Many times as an adult my mother would be in the hospital too. Sometime we went from the VA hospital to the one that my mother was in.

Sometimes I just wanted to vanish. I never was able to comprehend those families that weren't afflicted. Those never afflicted are devastated when something finally hits. Those that have suffered for years are usually battle hardened.

We have prayer that has been given us so I must use that as best I can for everyone.

I tell God that I don't understand the love He puts us for others, but no seeming power to help them. It's puzzling.

So then prayer is what we are given. I must labor in prayer that others be benefitted. I see now that the prospect of living long in a debilitated state is a grim prospect.

There's a grim joke that says be careful what you say, God will make you live longer.

My only living uncle is 90 and lives In a nursing home. He has copd and has a time just breathing.

All I know to do is pray. My wife and I were always hard workers but because of pain have to force ourselves to perform now. She is 75 and I 74.

Once my wife's knees were irreparably damaged when they shoved in the dash. She can barely walk and that with great pain and difficulty. Amazingly she refuses a wheelchair. She has I think more moxie than I. The black family that hit us was on their way home from church but couldn't find the care to walk over and see if we were injured.

Two years ago a young man tried to kill me with his car. He was Satan's agent but didn't know it. He demanded to go to the hospital while I refused. He didn't bother to walk across the street to see if I was alive after he t-boned and totaled our new car, first one in 15 years LOL. Another cold heart. We are sad at the hardened hearts everywhere we go.

I know you suffer and I'm trying to derail your post just sympathizing with your condition.

I have no desire to live long in my body as it is. I'm perplexed at the physical state of all who are afflicted.

My youngest brother is about 66 and he is a 100% DAV. He has had about 25 operations and takes almost that number of meds daily just to survive. I cannot even talk to him on the phone because his pain meds cause his speech to be always slurred.

Again all I see we have is prayer and the measure of faith given us.

So then let me use this in prayer for you and your husband who carries a load.

Even in an afflicted state every day we have with loved ones is a treasure. My words are no revelation to you but enjoy every minute with your husband that you get.

Were I able I'd come and anoint you with oil and pray you with laying on of hands. It's what we're shown to do. I suppose and hope you have friends to do this.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who may be interested ...I thought I should put up an update on 'where things are' with me right now.

When the smoke of the forrest fires finally left here ...which was over a month....the so did my overwhelming dizziness, headaches and being so unbalanced. My doctor still doesn't believe that someone could react so violently to smoke like that...but some days I had to wear a mask in the HOUSE so I could breath. And the Provincial Air Quality had/has been Maroon colour = past Red to 10+ . :eek:
The doctor still thinks that it may have been three small stokes at the base of the brain....but it seems a coincidence to me, that the very day the smoke moved away and air quality returned to 'low risk'.....was the same day that I was no longer so unbalanced, headachy or dizzy any more! Ummmm

So anyway...that horrid part is over with....and maybe we shall never know.

*But as for my heart.
I still need much prayer and so does Dave who has 'the weight of me' in prayer and caring.
Thankfully he totally enjoys cooking! :)

My heart has been in AFib now for over a month. It races away..or it just pauses , or it flips about , and sometimes it just sits and quivers....
Obviously my doctor is quite concerned because we all know that the heart cannot maintain that kind of stress for long, before saying- "forget this, I am tired, I think I will just stop now."
So....without being too melodramatic ....if I suddenly vanish you will guess why. I will either be there in glory ( and have some answers to all the many threads :) ) or in a wheelchair a drooling idiot.

I can at least wake every morning , raise my hand and say-
"THIS is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!".

I believe God has a sense of humour.
He also gives us a poke when we need it...
@Dave L and myself did not get off on a very good footing.
I found his very first posts 'straight out of the gate'..harsh and offensive.
But who did God use to speak a word of faith to me? Yep.. @Dave L

In the thread "Surrender" he wrote words that strengthened and blessed me in this fight with the Enemy and my mind...Dave wrote:-

Here's my approach to walking in the Spirit.

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.” (2 Corinthians 10:5–6)

We censor every impure thought or imagination. And change the channel in our thinking on any thought that does not conform to obedience to Christ.

And we replace it with:

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

Knowing Jesus is God and God is love. So Jesus is lord of our lives when love rules out thoughts and actions.

What a blessing all those words were, and still are... :)

Anyway...that is my update thus far.
WHEN my heart reverts to a correct beat...I will let you know...but please continue to pray to that end. :)
Thank you.
Every day my friend! Do you not feel your (His) heart being held in His loving, healing hand? That is my prayer and thanks to God daily for you. HE can restore your natural rhythm as nothing is impossible for Him ♥ I thank Him everyday that He is, indeed holding your heart! I'M NOT READY FOR YOU TO GO ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! I hope He does not see my prayers for you as being selfish, even though they are, somewhat :oops: And...Dave of course, has prayers for strength, faith, courage and comfort...Don't you ever want to ask God to "hurry up please"? Lol...His tming is perfect no matter what ♥ Hugs Helen!

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Every day my friend! Do you not feel your (His) heart being held in His loving, healing hand? That is my prayer and thanks to God daily for you. HE can restore your natural rhythm as nothing is impossible for Him ♥ I thank Him everyday that He is, indeed holding your heart! I'M NOT READY FOR YOU TO GO ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! I hope He does not see my prayers for you as being selfish, even though they are, somewhat :oops: And...Dave of course, has prayers for strength, faith, courage and comfort...Don't you ever want to ask God to "hurry up please"? Lol...His tming is perfect no matter what ♥ Hugs Helen!

Thanks Nancy. :)
I do often feel like asking " What are You waiting for?"...

....The answer would probably be..."you". :D

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Nancy. :)
I do often feel like asking " What are You waiting for?"...

...:D.The answer would probably be..."you".

"...The answer would probably be..."you"."
Hmmm....not sure what you are saying here! Are you saying that He want's you to give up??!!!!!!!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"...The answer would probably be..."you"."
Are you saying that He want's you to give up??!!!!!!!

No, I was saying that He would probably tell me that I am the hinderance!! :D

I think God has a time and season for everything.
But I want it now!

When my dad was dying of heart failure, in misery and his lungs filling up...I went into the bedroom and into the pillow so my dad couldn't hear...I said in anger- " WHAT on earth are You waiting for.....TAKE him!!"

My dad was not happy , he was angry at God because he wasn't healed yet ( at 90) dad said he had too much yet to do, and was not ready to die.

I yelled at God on the Friday.
Dad even made me turn off praise tapes...
But on the Sunday he asked for Bill Gaither's praise tapes...and I saw his tapping his foot along with the songs.
Sometime between Friday and Sunday afternoon my dad had made his peace. Monday he talked to me about his banking and money for looking after my mother for him.
Until then he would not acknowledge that he was dying.
Now he was " putting his house in order".
He was SOooo peaceful and happy the night he died ( that same Monday)...
Now, IF God had listen to me as I complained and asked Him what He was waiting for ...and IF he had taken my dad on the Friday.
Dad would have been robbed or the opportunity to make his peace...(because he expected to be healed)
or even I would have been robbed of him saying goodbye to me ( which he hadn't ever done, because he wanted healing!) ...But God in His wisdom knew my dad had something to settle in his heart, before God would take him.
Once my dad moved into peace, God took him quickly. ✟

So yes, I have often wonder now with myself, why is healing seemingly with held.... but maybe there is something blocking it that I am not seeing yet?
I am 'waiting' for Him to move...but maybe He is waiting for ME!! :)
As yet, He has not shown me what it is!! :oops: ( If there is anything... or maybe it is just all a test of faith.)
xxx

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I was saying that He would probably tell me that I am the hinderance!! :D

I think God has a time and season for everything.
But I want it now!

When my dad was dying of heart failure, in misery and his lungs filling up...I went into the bedroom and into the pillow so my dad couldn't hear...I said in anger- " WHAT on earth are You waiting for.....TAKE him!!"

My dad was not happy , he was angry at God because he wasn't healed yet ( at 90) dad said he had too much yet to do, and was not ready to die.

I yelled at God on the Friday.
Dad even made me turn off praise tapes...
But on the Sunday he asked for Bill Gaither's praise tapes...and I saw his tapping his foot along with the songs.
Sometime between Friday and Sunday afternoon my dad had made his peace. Monday he talked to me about his banking and money for looking after my mother for him.
Until then he would not acknowledge that he was dying.
Now he was " putting his house in order".
He was SOooo peaceful and happy the night he died ( that same Monday)...
Now, IF God had listen to me as I complained and asked Him what He was waiting for ...and IF he had taken my dad on the Friday.
Dad would have been robbed or the opportunity to make his peace...(because he expected to be healed)
or even to say goodbye to me ( which he hadn't ever done, because he wanted healing) ...But God in His wisdom knew my dad had something to settle in his heart, before God took him.
Once my dad moved into peace, God took him quickly.

So yes, I have often wondered with myself, why healing is with held....
but maybe there is something blocking it that I am not seeing yet.
I am waiting for Him to move...but maybe He is waiting for ME!! :)
As yet, He has not shown me what it is!!
xxx
Oh Helen, what an experience! After watching my father die in suffering increments over a good decade, I just could not understand why he had to suffer for so long. My wonderful, awesomely gentle spirited, peaceful and loving Mom prayed for my fathers salvation for a good 20 or more years. He did say the "prayer of salvation", so to speak' but I saw no real change in him. He was so very sick for a large part of his adult life, as well as my mom-she had heart disease as well as many of her sibs. Working in hospital for 23 years, I saw so much as I dealt directly with the patients. I had always wondered why some suffer for so long and just hang on, then there ar those who God takes quickly. My thoughts then, and even today is that The Holy Spirit was working in their hearts to draw them to Jesus.
I'm sorry, but you are a seasoned Christian who loves the Lord and follows His commands to LOVE. So...I hope you don't think there is sin in your life that you think is hindering Gods healing? NOOOO. Don't we already have a measure of faith...does it not grow over years of exercise? Mustard seed faith can move a mountain. Bottom line is God can and does what He will no matter what. And my fervent prayer for you is that it IS His will to restore the natural rhythm of your sweet heart ♥

1John 5:14-17
14 "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh Helen, what an experience! After watching my father die in suffering increments over a good decade, I just could not understand why he had to suffer for so long. My wonderful, awesomely gentle spirited, peaceful and loving Mom prayed for my fathers salvation for a good 20 or more years. He did say the "prayer of salvation", so to speak' but I saw no real change in him. He was so very sick for a large part of his adult life, as well as my mom-she had heart disease as well as many of her sibs. Working in hospital for 23 years, I saw so much as I dealt directly with the patients. I had always wondered why some suffer for so long and just hang on, then there ar those who God takes quickly. My thoughts then, and even today is that The Holy Spirit was working in their hearts to draw them to Jesus.
I'm sorry, but you are a seasoned Christian who loves the Lord and follows His commands to LOVE. So...I hope you don't think there is sin in your life that you think is hindering Gods healing? NOOOO. Don't we already have a measure of faith...does it not grow over years of exercise? Mustard seed faith can move a mountain. Bottom line is God can and does what He will no matter what. And my fervent prayer for you is that it IS His will to restore the natural rhythm of your sweet heart ♥

1John 5:14-17
14 "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him."

Lovely post Nancy thank you.
Your mother sounds like a gem. And glad that your dad prayed a prayer.
My dad was such a man of faith, and such a mighty preacher.
Im glad he went quickly at the end. But, bless his heart , he started writing poems at at 17..and at age 90 he still felt that he had loads more poem in him. :) Hence his grumpiness about dying too soon. Dave still misses him...dad was so rich in the word and had an amazing memory. My mum outlived him by 9 years..she was 99. But sadly she had dementia, so I couldn't keep her at home like I did him. He wrote 4,000 poems in his lifetime. I have them all in binders.
Some were published in small book form.
We enjoyed them living with us for 10 years...before mum had to go into care. They were brave...they left England to come to Canada at age 70!! ...and never looked back. :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, my mother was a gem...nobody this side of heaven I ever loved more! And, your dad sounds like he was quite the man of God. He sure DID live his life for God, and apparently enjoyed it very much! And, wow...moving to a whole new country at 70 is astoundingly brave! I am happy you and Dave were blessed with them in your home for those years ♥ Were his poems scripture based?

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Were his poems scripture based?

Yes more so as he aged.
But he wrote every type. He wrote constantly. Some funny ones.
Some in story form. Some romantic...
Many just about life.
Things like when he went to the store one day and saw the great wind we had the day before had felled a tall tree.
He came home and wrote a long poem ( for days) about how the wind stole the tree.

He had two stokes and three heart attacks...so later in life he slowed down...and most of his poems were about spiritual things.

He horrified me once. Dave and I took him to a new church we were trying out. Half way through the sermon...he just stood up...walked forward with his bible and said .. " Why don't you just move over and allow me to show you what that chapter is really saying!!! "
Dave and I almost died on the spot. o_O
But it is amazing what an old man with white hair can get away with!! Haha!!
Obviously he believed strongly in church order and practiced it.
1 Corinthians 14:30 "If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. "
Needless to say..most churches do not move in or practice the real 'order of service' :D

( maybe I am a chip off the old block!)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes more so as he aged.
But he wrote every type. He wrote constantly. Some funny ones.
Some in story form. Some romantic...
Many just about life.
Things like when he went to the store one day and saw the great wind we had the day before had felled a tall tree.
He came home and wrote a long poem ( for days) about how the wind stole the tree.

He had two stokes and three heart attacks...so later in life he slowed down...and most of his poems were about spiritual things.

He horrified me once. Dave and I took him to a new church we were trying out. Half way through the sermon...he just stood up...walked forward with his bible and said .. " Why don't you just move over and allow me to show you what that chapter is really saying!!! "
Dave and I almost died on the spot. o_O
But it is amazing what an old man with white hair can get away with!! Haha!!
Obviously he believed strongly in church order and practiced it.
1 Corinthians 14:30 "If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. "
Needless to say..most churches do not move in or practice the real 'order of service' :D

( maybe I am a chip off the old block!)
"( maybe I am a chip off the old block!)" Yes, I'm thinking so, hahaha!
Your father sounds like he was awesome to be around. Did the church let him speak?? Now THAT would have been a hoot!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This dear sister Helen is absolutely priceless. Give God the glory forever a man like that who was also your father!

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your father sounds like he was awesome to be around. Did the church let him speak?? Now THAT would have been a hoot!

Yes they did...the young pastor ( about age 40) moved aside.
I went up afterward and apologized for my dad.
And they said..."He had the word, I didn't.."
And dad had given a great teaching...but then he always did.

You would have loved him John...he could see types and shadows in every OT story...and all the books...he saw such depth.
I have nasty feeling that most of the "Old Guards" have gone ahead of us...there are not too many left now... :(

But, that said...I am so thankful and blessed to have lived through and " seeing The River Flow.." in meetings... :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You would have loved him John...he could see types and shadows in every OT story...and all the books...he saw such depth.
I have nasty feeling that most of the "Old Guards" have gone ahead of us...there are not too many left now... :(

But, that said...I am so thankful and blessed to have lived through and " seeing The River Flow.." in meetings... :)
What a memory ♥ I wish church's were still like that...the church I just left recently, though there were things I did like about it, what one of the things was that it seemed that nobody could feel free to speak up in a simple bible school (bible study before services on Sun.) but then, I can't say that about all of the teachers there but, it did seem to be frowned upon. Shame.

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What a memory ♥ I wish church's were still like that...the church I just left recently, though there were things I did like about it, what one of the things was that it seemed that nobody could feel free to speak up in a simple bible school (bible study before services on Sun.) but then, I can't say that about all of the teachers there but, it did seem to be frowned upon. Shame.

When we were still back in England we knew an old Welsh pastor who was great in training up those younger than him to teach and preach. So on a Sunday morning he'd let them 'have at it' .
d if they didn't He'd sit behind them an as they preached , if he felt that they were not preaching under the anointing , he would pull at the back of their coats...they would then close what they were saying and sit down.
He strongly believed- " If you don't strike Oil in 15 mins...then shut up and sit down."
Yep, those were the days. We did similar in our own meetings.
An 'open pulpit' is the only way to go..but it does have the be wisely used by those who have the anointed word.
We saw young 15 yr olds share lovely anointed words.

I just can't stand these churches today...with the one man top heavy ministry , which has tight control and no place for the Body of Christ to grow up.

The sign of a truly good leader is one who is willing to grow himself out of the job, and not hang on to it all for himself.

JMHP

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we were still back in England we knew an old Welsh pastor who was great in training up those younger than him to teach and preach. So on a Sunday morning he'd let them 'have at it' .
d if they didn't He'd sit behind them an as they preached , if he felt that they were not preaching under the anointing , he would pull at the back of their coats...they would then close what they were saying and sit down.
He strongly believed- " If you don't strike Oil in 15 mins...then shut up and sit down."
An 'open pulpit' is the only way to go..but it does have the be wisely used by those who have the anointed word.

I just can't stand these churches today...with the one man top heavy ministry , which has tight control and no place for the Body of Christ to grow up.

The sign of a truly good leader is one who is willing to grow himself out of the job, and not hang on to it all for himself.

JMHP
Amen. You can't shut up those God gave a word to! Yes, the organized part I do not like although if done properly, I can see how order would ensue...WAY too many egos flying around in these churches... sad.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God that he realized who he was and who he was not.
Give God the glory. Early on there were many where I attend who could correctly do what your father did and really edify people in the things of God... but as those in older generation passes from this life it is a less frequent occurrence.
I love it when I find an oldster who really loves God and knows some things and has a gift from God to share them. Your father was one of those. Sometimes it comes with natural education as well, but the best ones are those who simply have the Word even though according to man they are uneducated.
Give God the glory!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

JMHP
I love the open pulpit, but it becomes meaningless when those who take advantage of it do so without God's anointing. No notes needed and for some of them even though they have their Bible on hand, they may not even open it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Update.

Thank you to all those who stood with me and prayed.
And thank you for being "in my corner"...during these last five weeks.
In the night my heart converted back to a regular sinus rhythm.

As you can guess... Dave is doing the happy dance! :D
And I am greatly relieved.

God bless each one of you. x

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update.

Thank you to all those who stood with me and prayed.
And thank you for being "in my corner"...during these last five weeks.
In the night my heart converted back to a regular sinus rhythm.

As you can guess... Dave is doing the happy dance! :D
And I am greatly relieved.

God bless each one of you. x
Peace you have in Christ Helen.....Glory to our Father in the heavenlies…...words cannot describe what I'm feeling right now.....

Love and blessings,

APAK