Please pray with us/me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought in an earlier post I had explained, that I was NOT afraid of being dead! What I was afraid of is NOT dying.....

I don't know ANY Christians who are "afraid of death" But I do know many who are honest , and agree that it is the dying not death that is the threat... Dying for weeks, or months in agony of soul and body...neither dead nor alive.

I have been with more than one person who were dying ( 4 all told)
You sound very cavalier about it. But I can tell you...no matter how holy or strong a christian you are....at the end you CANNOT feel the presence of God.
Neither can you focus to pray..... I have held them...shrivelled with cancer and/or suffocating and drowning with heart failure... and see the bewilderment in their eyes .. they can feel nothing of God, overwhelmed but their 'screaming' bodies taking all of their focus.
At that time I say.."Float brother/sister on the prayers of the saints..you cannot "feel" God's love or His presence ..but I PROMISE you He is right here, angels are right here. Nothing has changed but the loud voice of your Adversary...let go and jump into God's arms."

What I was talking about was the 'not' dying...but sitting in a wheelchair drooling with half a brain....knowing that I am still half in this world, but NOT yet in the one to come. Twilight zone.

If you can so piously say that is "the better"...I am not sure I can believe you!!!

When you are healthy and in full control of your body I am sure you can tell yourself how much a overcomer and spiritual you are ...the test is NOT when you feel strong and healthy...that test is on when your body is out of control.
If you haven't been there, then don't judge.

It's so easy for others to tell you to just overcome! If one has not experienced what sickness and affliction can do holistically, they might not be so quick to think they know. I totally understand about the "how we die" and the concern there. We are still human, and we never want to burden those close to us...even though, "in sickness and in health...it does not make the thoughts of it any easier. He is always with us...especially through the stormiest of storms ♥

Reactions: Mayflower

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I thought in an earlier post I had explained, that I was NOT afraid of being dead! What I was afraid of is NOT dying.....

I don't know ANY Christians who are "afraid of death" But I do know many who are honest , and agree that it is the dying not death that is the threat... Dying for weeks, or months in agony of soul and body...neither dead nor alive.

I have been with more than one person who were dying ( 4 all told)
You sound very cavalier about it. But I can tell you...no matter how holy or strong a christian you are....at the end you CANNOT feel the presence of God.
Neither can you focus to pray..... I have held them...shrivelled with cancer and/or suffocating and drowning with heart failure... and see the bewilderment in their eyes .. they can feel nothing of God, overwhelmed but their 'screaming' bodies taking all of their focus.
At that time I say.."Float brother/sister on the prayers of the saints..you cannot "feel" God's love or His presence ..but I PROMISE you He is right here, angels are right here. Nothing has changed but the loud voice of your Adversary...let go and jump into God's arms."

What I was talking about was the 'not' dying...but sitting in a wheelchair drooling with half a brain....knowing that I am still half in this world, but NOT yet in the one to come. Twilight zone.

If you can so piously say that is "the better"...I am not sure I can believe you!!!

When you are healthy and in full control of your body I am sure you can tell yourself how much a overcomer and spiritual you are ...the test is NOT when you feel strong and healthy...that test is on when your body is out of control.
If you haven't been there, then don't judge.
We need to be careful that faith is not interpreted as cavalier. Giving a straight testimony does not qualify as unkind or unfeeling but it does cut through the emotional fog and muddle associated with our diminishing.

Reactions: Mayflower

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to be careful that faith is not interpreted as cavalier. Giving a straight testimony does not qualify as unkind or unfeeling but it does cut through the emotional fog and muddle associated with our diminishing.

No, you need to be careful. Your advice is as the advice of Job's three friends, and four. Sound for as far as they know. But not appropriate to Job's experience.

Sometimes it is better to be quiet.

Stranger

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks John.
Trouble is, today I dropped the ball...I dropped my peace...I feel totally alone. ( God wise) You know what it is like when we start down the slippery negative slope....Why can't the Lord just switch the heart beat back to normal...He could do it so easily...

( this is all a very different thing to the 'dizzy head' thing. That is new, this heart thing is 8 years old on and off) ...but never had AFib for this long a duration...hence my loss of peace. :(

I know that "worry changes nothing"...but once it gets a grip it is so hard to turn it off again!!
Not much of an 'overcomer' here today. :oops:

Thanks for prayers I really need them x

I can relate to this battle Helen, and praying for you to have continued peace with your health issues.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
She says she feels like there is a great weight on her chest. She is afraid there may be an infection of some kind getting started. Of course, although she doesn't want to admit it, she is worried about the tests results. I am certain we'll get profuse apologies on Tuesday, but it is so difficult at times to just bite my tongue when I want to lash at someone not for human error or inefficiency but for really not caring. I guess over the years at times I have also been careless... Help us Lord!
Prayers for you both Amadeus.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Helen , I hope you feel better !
I think I am having the other side of that opposite of you...... and some alike.
Dizzy at times, I am supposed to have less salt...... And now my D. I.L. is doing the
cooking and she frys most every thing. And my body does not like that.
old age....... ha...
I'm wanting to go home now for years... But at my age that's normal...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm still expecting God to fix this a-fib Helen.

Thank you.

It is over three weeks now. I have never ever had it last this long before.
I am used to 'hearing a word and walking on it'. ( not sure everyone does that or not)
Could you pray with me that I can hear from the Lord clearly, one way or the other?
I need to hear from Him-
1) if I am to press into Him for it to be healed.
Or -
2) whether because of my age it is my body wearing out...so I'd need to just walk the rest of the way by faith, until my time is up.
In all my years I have never received healing without firstly receiving a word to stand and fight the Enemy with.
At the moment I have no sure word either way.

Thanks. H.

Reactions: amadeus

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

I am used to 'hearing a word and walking on it'. ( not sure everyone does that or not)
Could you pray with me that I can hear from the Lord clearly, one way or the other?
I need to hear from Him-
Or -
2) whether because of my age it is my body wearing out...so I'd need to just walk the rest of the way by faith, until my time is up.
In all my years I have never received healing without firstly receiving a word to stand and fight the Enemy with.

Thanks. H.

I just found this all last night...... Helen I did not know all about this.

I have been telling you I want to go home...... and wonder why I am not..
I just had a idea, maybe you need to do this..

I take all kinds of vitamins........ I must be taking at least 15 different kinds.
They may be keeping me going.......
Vit. C. etc. for heart etc... bone.....etc. and many more.....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

I need to hear from Him-
Or -

Thanks. H.
Praying that God will let you hear that Word you're looking for...

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Helen

Sure do pray you are feeling better today ! and in the day's to come..
Hope no surgery is in need.......... if so it sure will go good for you I am sure
I believe you have a whole lot of people praying for you.
GOD BLESS

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Helen,
Have you heard anymore about your symptoms? Well I am praying for you to receive a good report....I am also praying God's Will be done and His will is that we live a long life and prosper. Amen!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For those who may be interested ...I thought I should put up an update on 'where things are' with me right now.

When the smoke of the forrest fires finally left here ...which was over a month....the so did my overwhelming dizziness, headaches and being so unbalanced. My doctor still doesn't believe that someone could react so violently to smoke like that...but some days I had to wear a mask in the HOUSE so I could breath. And the Provincial Air Quality had/has been Maroon colour = past Red to 10+ . :eek:
The doctor still thinks that it may have been three small stokes at the base of the brain....but it seems a coincidence to me, that the very day the smoke moved away and air quality returned to 'low risk'.....was the same day that I was no longer so unbalanced, headachy or dizzy any more! Ummmm

So anyway...that horrid part is over with....and maybe we shall never know.

*But as for my heart.
I still need much prayer and so does Dave who has 'the weight of me' in prayer and caring.
Thankfully he totally enjoys cooking! :)

My heart has been in AFib now for over a month. It races away..or it just pauses , or it flips about , and sometimes it just sits and quivers....
Obviously my doctor is quite concerned because we all know that the heart cannot maintain that kind of stress for long, before saying- "forget this, I am tired, I think I will just stop now."
So....without being too melodramatic ....if I suddenly vanish you will guess why. I will either be there in glory ( and have some answers to all the many threads :) ) or in a wheelchair a drooling idiot.

I can at least wake every morning , raise my hand and say-
"THIS is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!".

I believe God has a sense of humour.
He also gives us a poke when we need it...
@Dave L and myself did not get off on a very good footing.
I found his very first posts 'straight out of the gate'..harsh and offensive.
But who did God use to speak a word of faith to me? Yep.. @Dave L

In the thread "Surrender" he wrote words that strengthened and blessed me in this fight with the Enemy and my mind...Dave wrote:-

Here's my approach to walking in the Spirit.

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.” (2 Corinthians 10:5–6)

We censor every impure thought or imagination. And change the channel in our thinking on any thought that does not conform to obedience to Christ.

And we replace it with:

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

Knowing Jesus is God and God is love. So Jesus is lord of our lives when love rules out thoughts and actions.

What a blessing all those words were, and still are... :)

Anyway...that is my update thus far.
WHEN my heart reverts to a correct beat...I will let you know...but please continue to pray to that end. :)
Thank you.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@"ByGrace"
Continuing to pray for you Helen. Hopefully things will calm down soon. You one my oldest friends either online or offline. I will remind Kathy of your continued distress.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus
Thank you John...today is an especially bad day.
One of those days where you think maybe you will die today...and then a few hours later
you feel so bad that are concerned that maybe you won’t !! :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus
Thank you John...today is an especially bad day.
One of those days where you think maybe you will die today...and then a few hours later
you feel so bad that are concerned that maybe you won’t !! :D
Because the tenuous nature of some our connections with friends on the Internet, it might happen that a person will die and those who remain will in this life never really know what happened. The person simply posts normally one day and the next day they are gone, but we don't know why.

What was that brother's name in Alabama a few years ago who was such nice fellow that nearly everyone liked with some serious disabling conditions? We found out for sure that he had died by some indirect means. before finding out the facts through one of his relatives I remember that about that time there was a series of severe tornados in Alabama, perhaps the worst in the state's history with a number of lives lost and I wondered it he could have been involved. We cannot always know, can we?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because the tenuous nature of some our connections with friends on the Internet, it might happen that a person will die and those who remain will in this life never really know what happened. The person simply posts normally one day and the next day they are gone, but we don't know why.

What was that brother's name in Alabama a few years ago who was such nice fellow that nearly everyone liked with some serious disabling conditions? We found out for sure that he had died by some indirect means. before finding out the facts through one of his relatives I remember that about that time there was a series of severe tornados in Alabama, perhaps the worst in the state's history with a number of lives lost and I wondered it he could have been involved. We cannot always know, can we?

Oh I know,.... I remember him...such a kind soul.
Quite a young heavy set young man with young children...his lungs gave out...but he would still get under the anointing and be able to sing along with his guitar.
Not Randy, ...but something like that.
His wife kindly let us know when he passed over.
If I kick the bucket either Dave or James will let you know on Sit2
Then there was that guy very strong and preachy about healing.
He died suddenly...again his wife let us know.

Roger Tutt has gone now too. He posted on our Site for a long time.

Just got it!! His name was Dwayne
When he liked someones's post he'd say- " I feel a Glory Shout coming on!!" :D
Yep, he was a joy. xx

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I know,.... I remember him...such a kind soul.
Quite a young heavy set young man with young children...his lungs gave out...but he would still get under the anointing and be able to sing along with his guitar.
Not Randy, ...but something like that.
His wife kindly let us know when he passed over.
If I kick the bucket either Dave or James will let you know on Sit2
Then there was that guy very strong and preachy about healing.
He died suddenly...again his wife let us know.

Roger Tutt has gone now too. He posted on our Site for a long time.

Just got it!! His name was Dwayne
When he liked someones's post he'd say- " I feel a Glory Shout coming on!!" :D
Yep, he was a joy. xx
Yes, I remember each of those, but Dwayne is the one I meant. I still have some of his posts buried away on my computer. Periodically I will save things to a Word processing program on my desktop computer. I have hundreds or perhaps even thousands of them, some my own, but those of many others over the years. I spent some time trying to organize them though it is far from complete. Nonetheless it not like so many things of my youth that I wish I still possessed.

As to me passing, Kathy is not much on the computer but she would contact Nancy and you for certain and a few others in that event. I don't intend to leave soon, but God has not shared His timing on that with me.

B

Butterfly

Hi Helen,
Thanks for the update, just got back from my time away. You mentioned in an earlier post about disappearing ...... Well , my friend, remember your testimony with regards to how many years the Lord laid on your heart- if I remember rightly , you are not at that age yet !! ( but I cannot quite remember the exact age ) xxxxxx
I am pleased to hear that many of the symptoms you had have now gone, but so sorry that you are still getting the heart changes- much love to you and Dave X X
Rita x