Please pray with us/me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update.

Thank you to all those who stood with me and prayed.
And thank you for being "in my corner"...during these last five weeks.
In the night my heart converted back to a regular sinus rhythm.

As you can guess... Dave is doing the happy dance! :D
And I am greatly relieved.

God bless each one of you. x
Okay, I am crying right now and praising His awesome, faithful Name ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update.

Thank you to all those who stood with me and prayed.
And thank you for being "in my corner"...during these last five weeks.
In the night my heart converted back to a regular sinus rhythm.

As you can guess... Dave is doing the happy dance! :D
And I am greatly relieved.

God bless each one of you. x
Give God the glory!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m asking for those of you who ‘really pray’ to do so, for me.

I need your prayers. My husband needs your prayers because he is tired of his prayers for me not receiving answers for me.

1)
My heart is stuck in an irregular beat ( atrial fibrillation) … I was diagnosed in 2011 and usually it only stays about 5 or six days then converts back to normal. It is now 15 days and it hasn’t converted back. Please pray for it to convert back to normal.

2)
I have been having strange things happening in my body. I had it once last November and they said it was low sodium. Headache , dizziness, unbalanced, nausea , etc

It happened again…on the 10th 11th …and on and off since.

It is horrible and debilitating.

It “seems” to start in my head just a sudden two seconds of an "on/off” like a switch …then straight way the dull headache starts , the nausea starts , dizziness, any movement of my head bothers me….

I feel like death warmed over.

I did lose it when it happened this last Sunday/Monday ( it lasted for 24 hours, the longest time yet! :( )

I said to Dave ….." I can’t live like this for another decade …. are kinder to our dogs”

My doctor played the “Sodium imbalance “ card again…but I don’t believe it…I have increased my sodium by 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and 1/4 teaspoon of rock salt per day...on top of whatever natural sodium we get through food.. it was 129 , but that shouldn't cause all these symptoms and reactions….its been lower than that with far less reactions.

We had air quality of 10+ the highest on the chart …because of all thick this smoke from here from forrest fires in BC. The Emerg doctors were saying that it was not Strokes that people were having, but SMOKE syndrome which looked and felt just the same.

So for a while we thought wed got the answer…smoke !! ( I even had to wear a mask in the house one day , it was so thick)

But the last time I had this happen ( last Sunday/Monday) the air quality was down to only #1 , so we guessed it was not the smoke after all. :(

Which leaves us with… The- WHAT is it?

WHY does my head/brain do that..and what is it doing?
What causes all these symptom that follow.

The doctor is now talking of an inner ear test for vertigo …and maybe an MRI to check for a tumour or stroke. Because she has no idea what is going on or why.
I have booked an eye test which I have in a weeks time...

Being on a computer and especially ‘scrolling' really bothers me, it makes me dizzy, even on a good day….that never used to happen before these ‘episodes’ started !!

So, that obviously limits me screen time on here…I can now only come on here for a few moments then go off again and shut my eyes for a while until I stop feeling sea-sick!

Your prayers added to ours would be greatly valued.

Thanks for listening....Helen.

Any idea’s @bbyrd009 ??

In 2007 I came close to death from a mysterious lung ailment that I now know was poisoning from smoke. No doctors could help me. In fact, they only made the situation worse.... I had to learn to stand on God's Word about healing during that time, and I've been standing (mostly) ever since. When I'm in my right mind and a symptom comes, I place my hand on the ailing body part and say, "By the stripes of Jesus Christ, I was healed." Usually, the symptom leaves quickly. Sometimes, I have to put my hand on the top of my head because it feels like so many things are going wrong, but I'm still alive because He keeps me going.... I don't mean to sound uncaring, but this is how I live. I pray that you will experience His healing power and know His incredible love. As I type, I'm feeling the deep love He has for you (kind of unusual), but He wants you to know how much He loves you!!!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In 2007 I came close to death from a mysterious lung ailment that I now know was poisoning from smoke. No doctors could help me. In fact, they only made the situation worse.... I had to learn to stand on God's Word about healing during that time, and I've been standing (mostly) ever since. When I'm in my right mind and a symptom comes, I place my hand on the ailing body part and say, "By the stripes of Jesus Christ, I was healed." Usually, the symptom leaves quickly. Sometimes, I have to put my hand on the top of my head because it feels like so many things are going wrong, but I'm still alive because He keeps me going.... I don't mean to sound uncaring, but this is how I live. I pray that you will experience His healing power and know His incredible love. As I type, I'm feeling the deep love He has for you (kind of unusual), but He wants you to know how much He loves you!!!

Thank you for that. :)
And Amen to your walk of faith...there is no other way to live!

In my 76 years I have had many wonderful healings...some instant some a fight with the lies of the Enemy.

I think I somehow dropped the ball when I hit 70. So one wished me happy birthday and said.. "Yay! You reached your three score years and ten."
I also was happy because I had one thing after another from age 4 onward. Then when we became Christians in the 60's I had many years walking in health and healing.

I think I bought into a lie about "three score years and ten"...the last 7 years have been one fight after another...and twice, very near the brink.
I do the same as you...I lay hands on myself and quote the word, and Dave is always laying hands on me too. :)

We had an old pastor back in the 60's, he told us of an old missionary couple who retired from Africa missions...the husband was sick and died. She didn't want to live without him and soon she got sick.
He went to her house and rebuked her...she said " But I want to go with my husband."
He answered.. " That is fine...you have served your time faithfully, you can go, but you are NOT going in the Devil's chariot. ...you can go HEALED and whole...or not at all. " :D

He prayed for her and she got healed...and died in her sleep three days later. I've never forgotten him...he was a bit abrasive..but it came from his heart. :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In my 76 years I have had many wonderful healings...some instant some a fight with the lies of the Enemy.

I think I somehow dropped the ball when I hit 70. So one wished me happy birthday and said.. "Yay! You reached your three score years and ten."
I also was happy because I had one thing after another from age 4 onward. Then when we became Christians in the 60's I had many years walking in health and healing.

I think I bought into a lie about "three score years and ten"...the last 7 years have been one fight after another...and twice, very near the brink.
I do the same as you...I lay hands on myself and quote the word, and Dave is always laying hands on me too. :)

We had an old pastor back in the 60's, he told us of an old missionary couple who retired from Africa missions...the husband was sick and died. She didn't want to live without him and soon she got sick.
He went to her house and rebuked her...she said " But I want to go with my husband."
He answered.. " That is fine...you have served your time faithfully, you can go, but you are NOT going in the Devil's chariot. ...you can go HEALED and whole...or not at all. " :D

He prayed for her and she got healed...and died in her sleep three days later. I've never forgotten him...he was a bit abrasive..but it came from his heart. :)

You CANNOT go yet..it would be like losing my mother all over again!!!! I'm being selfish :oops:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"You can go healed and whole...." I love it! And I'm glad to hear that you know how to fight these battles on a spiritual level.

I also know what you mean about aging. I'm fighting the battle of accepting certain ailments just because most people a certain age have them. For me, it would be a cop out (lol, showing my age) to take it lying down. It's tempting, though--like somehow we've earned our aches and pains.

I just don't believe that it's God's best for us. I think about when the Israelites came out of Egypt with not one feeble among them, and that was under the Old Covenant. Lilian Yeomans, a medical doctor who was a contemporary of Smith Wigglesworth, wrote an article titled "Not One Feeble Among Them." You may already be familiar with her work, but it's very worth the read and can be found at healingandrevival.com. She has several great articles on that site. Her testimony of being delivered from drug addiction is incredible.

What I said about feeling God's incredible love for you is the truth. I've never experienced what I did last night as I typed my message to you. It was as though I was about to burst wide open with His love, and I knew that He wanted me to tell you about it so that you "may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the length and width, height and depth of God’s love, and to know the Messiah’s love that surpasses knowledge, so you may be filled with all the fullness of God. (Eph 3:18-19)

That's His desire for you and my prayer!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"You can go healed and whole...." I love it! And I'm glad to hear that you know how to fight these battles on a spiritual level.

I also know what you mean about aging. I'm fighting the battle of accepting certain ailments just because most people a certain age have them. For me, it would be a cop out (lol, showing my age) to take it lying down. It's tempting, though--like somehow we've earned our aches and pains.

I just don't believe that it's God's best for us. I think about when the Israelites came out of Egypt with not one feeble among them, and that was under the Old Covenant. Lilian Yeomans, a medical doctor who was a contemporary of Smith Wigglesworth, wrote an article titled "Not One Feeble Among Them." You may already be familiar with her work, but it's very worth the read and can be found at healingandrevival.com. She has several great articles on that site. Her testimony of being delivered from drug addiction is incredible.

What I said about feeling God's incredible love for you is the truth. I've never experienced what I did last night as I typed my message to you. It was as though I was about to burst wide open with His love, and I knew that He wanted me to tell you about it so that you "may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the length and width, height and depth of God’s love, and to know the Messiah’s love that surpasses knowledge, so you may be filled with all the fullness of God. (Eph 3:18-19)

That's His desire for you and my prayer!

Amen...what a lovely post...thank you so much.
As for getting older...I think we have the right to believe that we can all be like old Abraham ..who- "Drew is feet up into his bed and gave up the ghost. " :)

God bless you .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen...what a lovely post...thank you so much.
As for getting older...I think we have the right to believe that we can all be like old Abraham ..who- "Drew is feet up into his bed and gave up the ghost. " :)

My wife has been battling with a hernia in her stomach. They can grow and require surgery or shrink and heal, and I have been repeating to her incessantly that she is going to be healed of it, LoL. I also told her if we get a bad report that we're going to go get a second one. She's more inclined to listen to what doctors say without question, while I'm the very persistent type when it comes to believing God for my own healing. So I'm trying to get my faith to rub off on her. :)

So far, so good. She is experiencing less pain now. But I have to remember to keep praying over it, so it was good for me to be reading through this thread again. Thank you both for the good posts. I have every intention of living decades longer, and I want my wife and I to both pass on from this life healthy, not sick.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My wife has been battling with a hernia in her stomach. They can grow and require surgery or shrink and heal, and I have been repeating to her incessantly that she is going to be healed of it, LoL. I also told her if we get a bad report that we're going to go get a second one. She's more inclined to listen to what doctors say without question, while I'm the very persistent type when it comes to believing God for my own healing. So I'm trying to get my faith to rub off on her. :)

So far, so good. She is experiencing less pain now. But I have to remember to keep praying over it, so it was good for me to be reading through this thread again. Thank you both for the good posts. I have every intention of living decades longer, and I want my wife and I to both pass on from this life healthy, not sick.

Amen brother! We will pray with you both.

Do you anoint her with oil as well as lay hands on her?
When I am in a battle Dave prays over me first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
He no longer believes in a 'one shot deal' with prayer...Healing is ours, and if it doesn't manifest then there is opposition...we know who that is!!
He also anoints me with oil too..( not every time he prays LOL)
You are the priest of your house ...so no doubt you already are doing this.
I really appreciate Dave's tenacity...he is like a dog with a bone. :) Sometimes it is quicker sometimes like that heart thing...it is a major fight to get through.

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Prayer Warrior

I went on your web address...looking for Lillian Yeoman ...
I found Kenyon , Wigglesworth, Bosworth, Torrey, I have all these books...( I also have all of John G Lakes books too)

But I couldn't see Lillian Yeoman's

Edit:-
Okey, I checked again and finally found it...will read... :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He no longer believes in a 'one shot deal' with prayer...Healing is ours, and if it doesn't manifest then there is opposition...we know who that is!!

I don't either, and that's the right approach.

No, I don't use anointing oil, though I'm certainly not against the practice. But for me personally, point of contact isn't all that necessary. Maybe I'm wrong for thinking that, but it's just where my faith is. :) For her and I, it would feel a little formal and ceremonial, so we just believe God for healing.

Reactions: Nancy
B

brakelite

I am 66, and in great health. I can teach you folk nothing. I can offer you so little, not having had your experiences. But through your longsuffering and patience in welldoing and faithfulness, even in the midst of trials and suffering, you have taught me much.
Thankyou.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am 66, and in great health. I can teach you folk nothing. I can offer you so little, not having had your experiences. But through your longsuffering and patience in welldoing and faithfulness, even in the midst of trials and suffering, you have taught me much.
Thank you.

That is good...I'm glad that you are in great health...stay that way..
the alternative is not much fun.. but I guess the fight makes us stronger and solidifies us in what we believe. ✟

Getting older is not for wimps. :)

Reactions: Butterfly and Nancy

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good for you! Keep believing for your wife’s healing. God gave my husband the faith for my thyroid to be healed years ago. I had taken medication for over 25 years, but God healed me!