Poll: "ear piercings are fully accepted for both genders"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Ear piercings are fully accepted for both genders"; true?

• Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have my view but would rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
LM440 said:
My mom took me to get one ear pierced when I was about twelve. .. I didn't even know what was happening when she told me we were going to the mall. It was just me and Mom .. we shared a special time together. .. Later I ended up getting the other side done to even things out. .. I still wear earrings always and remember getting the piercing. .. no reason to deny it. In this time, ear piercings are fully accepted for both genders.
source:sg dot answers dot yahoo

At the small local church where my wife and I attend, already a while ago it seemed that a majority of the young men/boys would typically wear earrings to church; and I can imagine, like the young man in the quote, above, that it would have been their moms that organized it/helped them have them put in.

So, as in the quote, do you agree that now ear piercings are fully accepted for both genders?

Another way of stating the question would be, rather than whether it conforms to one's personal preference or dislikes, is it just sensible to acknowledge that the assertion quoted is in fact true?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
source:sg dot answers dot yahoo

At the small local church where my wife and I attend, already a while ago it seemed that a majority of the young men/boys would typically wear earrings to church; and I can imagine, like the young man in the quote, above, that it would have been their moms that organized it/helped them have them put in.

So, as in the quote, do you agree that now ear piercings are fully accepted for both genders?

Another way of stating the question would be, rather than whether it conforms to one's personal preference or dislikes, is it just sensible to acknowledge that the assertion quoted is in fact true?
Society rules have become very accepting of whatever makes you feel good mentality.
Well have a good night...gotta go run an errand.
God Bless

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't think it matters. I had my ears pierced when I was younger. I don't know if the holes have grown shut or not.
It's undoubtedly what so many men and boys do now. The OP quote indicating that his mom organized it, does not surprise me.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @Nancy FYI....thread & poll; don't know if this would be current in your family among the guys; I have a male cousin who has worn one for decades.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I quite like males with ear rings...either one or both... but I'm not keen on tats.
Especially on females.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I quite like males with ear rings...either one or both...
@Helen Yes. It's a really nice step — memorable for him — to help a young man along in taking — a son or grandson, maybe — to give him earrings. Particularly if he's never worn any before but has been thinking about doing it, if he wants to go for it and would appreciate a bit of encouragement to do it.