Poll: "ear piercings are fully accepted for both genders"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Ear piercings are fully accepted for both genders"; true?

• Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have my view but would rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did vote yes, depends on intentions and what kind though, I don't wear any, and don't plan too. lol

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I did vote yes, depends on intentions and what kind though, I don't wear any, and don't plan too. lol
@Josho If you don't want them, you don't remotely need them. But the moment you did definitely want to have them put in, there would be nothing stopping you, would there? it really is up to you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Honestly I dont think God cares, we get so upset about things that make no difference to ones salvation. Only upset the religious.

Reactions: Josho

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you an Ishmaelite OP?

Judges 8:24
"And Gideon said unto them, I would desire a request of you, that ye would give me every man the earrings of his prey. (For they had golden earrings, because they were Ishmaelites.)"

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you an Ishmaelite OP?

Judges 8:24
"And Gideon said unto them, I would desire a request of you, that ye would give me every man the earrings of his prey. (For they had golden earrings, because they were Ishmaelites.)"

Fair question...but....Israel men and women wore gold ear rings ...when Moses was taking gifts of gold and precious things for the building of the tabernacle and the vessels...they all took out their gold to give as offerings

EX 35 “And they came, both men and women, as many as were willing hearted, and brought bracelets, and earrings, and rings, and tablets, all jewels of gold: and every man that offered offered an offering of gold unto the LORD.”

Numbers 31 "We have therefore brought an oblation for the LORD, what every man hath gotten, of jewels of gold, chains, and bracelets, rings, earrings, and tablets, to make an atonement for our souls before the LORD.”

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fair question...but....Israel men and women wore gold ear rings ...when Moses was taking gifts of gold and precious things for the building of the tabernacle and the vessels...they all took out their gold to give as offerings
That could have resulted from the influence of living in Egypt. They were also carrying along a lot of Egyptian spiritual baggage. So we cannot ignore the connection between their jewelry and the Golden Calf. Christian men have never worn ear rings.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

EX 35 “And they came, both men and women, as many as were willing hearted, and brought bracelets, and earrings, and rings, and tablets, all jewels of gold: and every man that offered offered an offering of gold unto the LORD.”

Numbers 31 "We have therefore brought an oblation for the LORD, what every man hath gotten, of jewels of gold, chains, and bracelets, rings, earrings, and tablets, to make an atonement for our souls before the LORD.”
@Helen, Given their ultimate purpose and positively mentioned use in these passages, I suppose it could be argued that it was maybe a good thing, in the event, that both the women and the men did have the custom of wearing earrings.

While there is no need for men to wear earrings, if a young man today really wants to, he shouldn't feel inhibited, in my humble view.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'm old school and don't want any piercings myself...
@Renniks Conversely, also, today, for honest and reasonable young men - whether or not they may have spiritual interests, as they may well have - it's a very natural turn of events to have their earlobes shot through with studs, possibly like their peers do (and — if the truth is known — probably with their mothers' encouragement).

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That could have resulted from the influence of living in Egypt. They were also carrying along a lot of Egyptian spiritual baggage. So we cannot ignore the connection between their jewelry and the Golden Calf. Christian men have never worn ear rings.
Jesus and the disciples never wore trousers. . . .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jesus and the disciples never wore trousers. . . .
I think that there is a peculiarly North American strand of fundamentalism by which, with certain ppl among them having already decided that their own personal preferences are the only supposedly true "theological" option worldwide, they proceed to try to make Scripture conform to those personal preferences of their own. The fact is that worldwide custom and culture have differed markedly, historically, and so often it's hardly a question of whether it's supposedly good or bad.

My 2c: There is no need for men to pierce their ears; but it's so widespread that if a Christian young man wants to do so, he really shouldn't feel inhibited by alleged "theological" reasons.

Reactions: Giuliano

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Josho, Further to your comments on the other thread about how old you are on the one hand and how old you feel on the other, I suppose you would therefore say also that you are 'too old' now to get your earrings put in, right?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho, Further to your comments on the other thread about how old you are on the one hand and how old you feel on the other, I suppose you would therefore say also that you are 'too old' now to get your earrings put in, right?

No I just don't want earrings, my choice lolz

Reactions: farouk

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho Really good answer! There's absolutely no need to get ear piercings. (That being said, there's probably no real reason not to if the young man as well as the young woman decides he or she wants to.)

Well it's saving money too by not getting piercings, money better spent on getting 24 chickens?

So if they were all hens they could potentially lay 7000 eggs a year, 583 dozens of eggs.

If 12 were hens and 12 were roosters, the hens could potentially lay 3500 a year, if none were eaten and all hatched, that could be 3500 baby chicks hatched in a year.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well it's saving money too by not getting piercings, money better spent on getting 24 chickens?

So if they were all hens they could potentially lay 7000 eggs a year, 583 dozens of eggs.

If 12 were hens and 12 were roosters, the hens could potentially lay 3500 a year, if none were eaten and all hatched, that could be 3500 baby chicks hatched in a year.
To be honest, I had never made that comparison before...

Reactions: Josho