Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You should be able to edit it (but it might reset the votes when you do so).
@Sabertooth Well, okay....just wondered since you commented about not being able to vote for any of the current options, whether you had any suggestion as to how I could amend the poll to include an option that you could indeed vote for...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@TLHKAJ FYI, did you see/vote in the new poll, above? (The previous one expired.) It's likely to be a relevant subject for ppl to have views about, especially in some families, anyway.

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jostler Did you see/vote in this poll, above, that I started?

just voted "ignore". I don't see tattoos as a spiritually relevant issue. Personally I don't believe it's wise, I don't have any (a miracle after a military career :), but I commend others to their conscience as guided by the Spirit. I condemn no one who has chosen (or will choose) differently. This body must die and return to the clay it came from. It mmust be replaced wholesale with a heavenly body....a few ink marks here just ain't much of an issue IMO

Reactions: TLHKAJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
just voted "ignore". I don't see tattoos as a spiritually relevant issue. Personally I don't believe it's wise, I don't have any (a miracle after a military career :), but I commend others to their conscience as guided by the Spirit. I condemn no one who has chosen (or will choose) differently. This body must die and return to the clay it came from. It mmust be replaced wholesale with a heavenly body....a few ink marks here just ain't much of an issue IMO
@Jostler Thanks for your comment. I take your point about your military past! It's probably also significant that with the advent proportionately of more women in the military that a particularly high proportion of women in the military (and of military spouses also) are reportedly tattooed. Although it used to be very much a man thing (sailors, bikers), it has also in more recent decades seemingly become a highly womanly thing to pursue, often in faith, patriotic or family themes.

(If this makes sense?)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I commend others to their conscience as guided by the Spirit. I condemn no one who has chosen (or will choose) differently.
PS: @Jostler My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure that other conversations have also arisen as a result of her willingness to undergo the ink injectings (Maybe this was her motivation in the first place...)

Decades back, some ppl might have made snide remarks about nice young ladies not getting tattoos; but frankly a faith based tattoo - Bible verse or ref.; Christian fish sign <><, etc. - is exactly what earnest college students, homeschooling moms, and so forth, are likely or not unusually to get.

(If this makes any sense?)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul FYI....did you see/vote in the new poll, above? (the previous one expired...)
I would have voted appreciate it...but I am leery of embracing it. So I just checked rather not say....I do appreciate the ones with a Christian message but I haven't seen many...actually I have only met 1 person in my life that had several scriptures tattooed in his body.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would have voted appreciate it...but I am leery of embracing it. So I just checked rather not say....I do appreciate the ones with a Christian message but I haven't seen many...actually I have only met 1 person in my life that had several scriptures tattooed in his body.
@Heart2Soul Thanks for your poll vote! :)
Well, I expect that you appreciated those ones, anyway; and maybe you had a bit of a conversation with the wearer also?

(Maybe this was his idea in the first place, for ppl to talk about them...)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Thanks for your poll vote! :)
Well, I expect that you appreciated those ones, anyway; and maybe you had a bit of a conversation with the wearer also?

(Maybe this was his idea in the first place, for ppl to talk about them...)
Oh definitely...I asked a lot of questions.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh definitely...I asked a lot of questions.
@Heart2Soul Well, this was probably his whole idea in the first place, right? :)

(Did his answers make sense to you?)

For the Christian tattooee it may seem rather joyful to have experiences and opportunities to open up to ppl about the Scriptures quoted.

The young lady with whom my wife and I talked who had John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area seemed quite shy, but she likely had an inner sense of real purpose and joy in getting inked up in this way.