Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I suppose.

Tattoos themselves don’t offend me; only the image if it’s evil in nature.

@Michiah-Imla

It seems anyway now that it's done so widely and confidently that many Christians choose to use the medium to express something faith based.

Rita said:
I have never regretted my tattoo.. I love the tattoo..the tattoo was not liberating - the tattoo represented the liberation and freedom that the Lord had brought me through..The tattoo in of itself was merely the means of expression and the reminder.
FHII said:
I don't regret it.. . .. Probably 75% of the congregation have tattoos, including myself and the Pastor

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to have it done.

Thanks for your poll vote, BTW.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Michiah-Imla
if someone see’s a faith based tattoo on another, they might ask them about it? And the tattoo’d person should be ready to answer

1 Peter 3.15: "be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear". This probably lies behind the motivation of a lot of Christians' tattoos.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have several tattoos, and while I do not regret getting them I do not know that I would get them were I able to go back in time.
@John Caldwell From back; a lot of young Christians seem to head for the tattoo parlor and have it done without seeming regret, especially if it's faith based. The numbers of those getting it done shot up when women also started doing it more widely.

Did you vote in the poll, above, BTW?

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@John Caldwell From back; a lot of young Christians seem to head for the tattoo parlor and have it done without seeming regret, especially if it's faith based. The numbers of those getting it done shot up when women also started doing it more widely.

Did you vote in the poll, above, BTW?
I did vote in the poll.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't know how to interpret them.
While it's fine that you are an aficionado --I certainly am of other things-- I think (like mine) it will become "strangely dim" as we get closer to 1 John 3:2.
@Sabertooth Oh I indeed agree about what the hymn writer meant in writing, 'the things of earth will grow strangely dim / In the light of His glory and grace'. :)

Reactions: Sabertooth

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If I see others will tattoos, I don't comment or give attention, because their tattoo is none of my business. All my attention is on trying to get a view on God's will for my own life and how I can better serve Him with the gifts I have. When it comes to commenting on the personal lives of others, the echo of the Scripture, "What is that to you? Follow Me".

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If I see others will tattoos, I don't comment or give attention, because their tattoo is none of my business. All my attention is on trying to get a view on God's will for my own life and how I can better serve Him with the gifts I have. When it comes to commenting on the personal lives of others, the echo of the Scripture, "What is that to you? Follow Me".
@Paul Christensen Good point! thanks for your poll vote also!

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite verse and mine also; and I'm sure that other conversations will have arisen as a result of her willingness to have it done. Undoubtedly some Christians do use the medium as a conversation-starter in witness.

I do agree that inward and spiritual matter come first, before the Lord.