Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Personally, I don't like that kind of thing (I think it defeats the purpose) because it is written in the OT that we ought not to mark our body...and in Matthew 5:17-20 I find the teaching of our Lord that not one jot or tittle shall pass away from the law until heaven and earth pass away and all is fulfilled (including heaven and earth passing away).

I do believe that believers under the New Covenant ought to have the law written on our hearts and in our minds (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6).
@justbyfaith Thanks a lot for the comment; feel free to vote in the poll also.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Christophany said:
once upon a time I was legalistic with tatoo's, piercing etc..... not anymore ... I do not condemn others who think differently since it has nothing to do with ones salvation.

@Christophany FYI: I did include your comment from back in the quotes in the OP; it wasn't in the original draft but I did add it because what it expresses is very fair.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@April_Rose You posted a really funny video on the other thread of the different ladies and the tattoo experiences!

"Kind of nervous" is an expression I heard.... :)

(None of them was faith based, though, which I guess is the perspective of this thread.)

Reactions: April_Rose

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You're welcome. :)
@April_Rose Today, the smiles are because of all the nervousness depicted in the video; years ago they might have been also because it shows ladies being tattooed, but not any more because it's something now that ladies do so widely. (I expect you saw the really anxious expression on the face of one of the tattooees...)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@April_Rose As per my comment on the other thread which you started, I kind of hoped that this tattoo thread would serve as a refreshing alternative to politics....

(Getting inked up has really nothing to do with politics, has it? :) )