Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have come to the point of letting each work out there own salvation with fear and trembling.
...I do like the idea of Christian based tattoos to dispel the reputation given to those with tattoos in the past by some
@Heart2Soul It's about being bold with one's faith based inkings that are done to honor God and be effective in witness.

You were talking in the other thread about confident armour wearing from Ephesians 6, equipped for the conflict.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy
Well, I'll try again.... :)

You were pleased that the artist made you a tattooed woman with the good ink artwork.

Something like that, surely....

"I'm driving my dad home tomorrow. I will see if I can find that tattoo shop on my way home.
I won't be getting one. You just peaked my curiosity..lol"

Have a safe drive; God bless your father; and enjoy satisfying your curiosity! (Portfolios for consultation without obligation tend to have such a lot of good artwork to view freely, anyway...)
Much Love farouk
:)
HUGS

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's so faded now...
It's not my artwork, I'm just the canvas
:cool:
@Ziggy

Different ppl approach the whole faded thing with different ideas...

Some ppl like to do a tattoo pigment touch up after several years to put a bit of strength back into the design.

Others prefer to let it fade naturally; kind of like a memory that's still there but imperceptibly starts to get a bit fuzzy.

Or even a bit like a pair of jeans, I suppose. The fading and the ripping are all part of the wished for effect.

(2c...)

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Made me think of Faded Glory..
Although I don't glory in the tattoo. A token of days gone by, and sometimes best forgotten.
I do not choose to have it removed, but I also don't choose for it to be a prominent part of my life now.
Those days and dreams are long gone. People have moved on with their lives. New paths were taken.
I have no regrets.

Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Made me think of Faded Glory..
Although I don't glory in the tattoo. A token of days gone by, and sometimes best forgotten.
I do not choose to have it removed, but I also don't choose for it to be a prominent part of my life now.
Those days and dreams are long gone. People have moved on with their lives. New paths were taken.
I have no regrets.

Hugs

@Ziggy

2b347aee0ab5688eb9e470b63975b6b9.jpg
in dot pinterest

This demure and radiant young woman that is doubtless thrilled with her freshly injected faith based tattoo, will, if the Lord spares us, face a choice years hence as a more mature tattooed woman.

Will she take the likely fading as a symbol of the rugged passage of the years as she by God's grace remains unbowed by the storms of midlife?

Or go back for ink touch ups to the parlor - from which in this photo she has evidently emerged so thrilled - and restore the sense of fresh confidence in the way she is testifying?

She maybe does not realize it now, but these are probable choices that fading will cause her to face as a confidently tattooed Christian woman years hence.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Lord has me engraved in the palm of His hand; perhaps I should get my name tattooed in the palm of mine!
@Truman

Some ppl hesitate to have it done in case they live to regret their tattoos, but this is anyway not what various posters here have said; I've recently been talking to @Ziggy, for example; this is how various ppl seem to feel about their ink:

Rita said:
I have never regretted my tattoo.. I love the tattoo..the tattoo was not liberating - the tattoo represented the liberation and freedom that the Lord had brought me through..The tattoo in of itself was merely the means of expression and the reminder. .. I was 50 when I had mine done, and two of my sons had various tattoos long before me. I made the decision with a mature head on my shoulders.

FHII said:
I was told it was addictive, but for me it was not. .. I don't regret it.. .. Probably 75% of the congregation have tattoos, including myself and the Pastor .. I have a tattoo, I am not ashamed of it ..I also agree that it makes a statement of freedom in Christ.

Ziggy said:
A token of days gone by...I have no regrets.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Truman

Some ppl hesitate to have it done in case they live to regret their tattoos, but this is anyway not what various posters here have said; I've recently been talking to @Ziggy, for example; this is how various ppl seem to feel about their ink:

Rita said:

FHII said:

Ziggy said:
I pay little attention to my outside body. I don't adorn it with tattoos, piercings, jewelry, scents, etc. nor do I have an issue with those who do. As far as how a Christian may view someone who has a rough appearance goes, see that impeccably-dressed and groomed guy driving that BMW? He's president of the local outlaw bike gang. God looks at the heart.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I pay little attention to my outside body. I don't adorn it with tattoos, piercings, jewelry, scents, etc. nor do I have an issue with those who do. As far as how a Christian may view someone who has a rough appearance goes, see that impeccably-dressed and groomed guy driving that BMW? He's president of the local outlaw bike gang. God looks at the heart.
@Truman

On the other thread, @Addy said:

Addy said:
.... I am touched by those tattooed hands with all the rings PRAYING. ...

I take your point, @Truman, about the BMW guy; there's also the other side: it's kind of nice to see young ppl, typically inked up as they are, wanting to honor God with their lives.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
...I don't understand the rebellion thing... the case with my niece... the family made such an awful noise about NOT getting tattoos that she chose to rebel. That is not often the case with body art.
... I see it as artistic expression...
@Addy May God bless your niece; ink or no ink...

(Replied here because it was topical, I guess...)

yes... many drug addicts had tattoos but the tattoos/piercings were the LEAST of their worries.

Well, exactly...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would not regret any of those tattoos.

@Mantis You have the skills, right?

Did you ever see this short video about a Christian tattoo artist?

I was particularly struck by the young lady's comments about Romans 8; and it seems from the short video that as Christian young ppl get inked with faith based designs, some moms are kind of on board with it also.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Heart2Soul

So what do you think of this picture?

in dot pinterest

It's what Christian young ppl do now, so often, as girls become adults and boys become men, and this person, as a demure young Christian seems just to radiate a fresh thrill and confidence as she emerges from the tattoo parlor with her new witness ink, don't you think?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul

So what do you think of this picture?

in dot pinterest

It's what Christian young ppl do now, so often, as girls become adults and boys become men, and this person, as a demure young Christian seems just to radiate a fresh thrill and confidence as she emerges from the tattoo parlor with her new witness ink, don't you think?
It's pretty! I wonder if he did that with intent of honoring his wife by letting the world know she is a Proverbs 31 wife.
Or maybe he wants other men to envy him...lol...jk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's pretty! I wonder if he did that with intent of honoring his wife by letting the world know she is a Proverbs 31 wife.
Or maybe he wants other men to envy him...lol...jk
@Heart2Soul Well, IDK.... :)

Maybe she is married. She seems young, anyway; maybe she's still single. There are things in Proverbs 31 which single women can be encourage in also. I don't know whether she is married or not...

She does remind me of a quiet and shy young woman with whom my wife and I talked who had all the wording of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area. On the one hard she seemed quiet and shy and demure. On the other she seemed to exude a quiet confidence as a witnessing, boldly tattooed, Christian woman.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Well, IDK.... :)

Maybe she is married. She seems young, anyway; maybe she's still single. There are things in Proverbs 31 which single women can be encourage in also. I don't know whether she is married or not...

She does remind me of a quiet and shy young woman with whom my wife and I talked who had all the wording of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area. On the one hard she seemed quiet and shy and demure. On the other she seemed to exude a quiet confidence as a witnessing, boldly tattooed, Christian woman.
Oops, I thought that was a guy...
Well now it appears that she is inflating her ego somewhat....lol

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul So do you really think so? :)

I thought she seemed to exude a quiet, benign shyness with a faith confidence...But of course it's what's in the heart that counts, anyway....(I'm sure you would agree with this...:) )
Funny how each individual has their own perception of things the see without knowing anything about it...
I am sure this person has a wonderful testimony to go along with her tat.

Reactions: farouk

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul So do you really think so? :)

I thought she seemed to exude a quiet, benign shyness with a faith confidence...But of course it's what's in the heart that counts, anyway....(I'm sure you would agree with this...:) )
Oh and after I looked at it a little longer I can agree with your perspective.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I drove home yesterday and that intersection was so busy I wasn't able to get a look to see if that shop was there.
I'll be going by again on Friday. One of these times maybe traffic will be slow enough.
Hugs
@Ziggy Seems like on the one hand tattoo parlors are springing up in so many places, to keep pace with the demand for services.

On the other, the whole Covid thing has made things difficult for tattoo artists.

(You'll enjoy this: a while ago I happened to pass by a local tattoo parlor with a notice in the window about opening up; and the notice said: "You need a tattoo"....

Well, they would say that, wouldn't they? :) )

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose they would get hit pretty hard considering being so close to an individual.
This whole fiasco has been so hard on small businesses.
I'm afraid the only thing that will be left is wal-mart and home depot.. maybe..
who can afford to fix up let alone rebuild.. ugh..

We will recover...
I'm staying positive.
It always works out in the end.
Because God Wins
:)
Hugs