Poll: Tattoo regret at various levels...or no regrets at all...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you regret your tattoo(s)? your friends' and family's tattoos? or no tattoo regrets whatsoever?

• Yes, I regret my tattoo(s)!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No regrets for my tattoo(s)!

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No tattoos of my own, and I also regret my friends' / family's tattoos

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No tattoos of my own, but I am happy for my friends' / family's tattoos

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Rather not say/ not sure

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Sabertooth FYI, did you see this poll?
I don't have a tattoo to regret (unless you count where I was poked in the arm with a pencil lead...).

I don't give other people's tattoos a second thought unless they are a spiritual affront. (Even then there is nothing that I can do about them.) Some of my kids have small tattoos, but AFAICT they are benign.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't have a tattoo to regret (unless you count where I was poked in the arm with a pencil lead...).

I don't give other people's tattoos a second thought unless they are a spiritual affront. (Even then there is nothing that I can do about them.) Some of my kids have small tattoos, but AFAICT they are benign.
Oh okay; thanks for the reply. (The poll has a variety of possible answers, anyway.)

So were you surprised when some of your kids got tattooed?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No. We never stressed that it was wrong, just to wait until they were 18, just in case they changed their mind (kind of like regret, before the fact).
Seems like now they regard it as a kind of rite of passage after they have turned 18; so, as something they reckoned they would not regret, when they turned adults officially, I guess daughter(s),too, as well as son(s) wanted to do the parlor appointment?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would think more "fashionable" than any thought about its innocence. Even my own aversion isn't based on its innocence/guilt.
I guess what I should have said is that they really do seem to go ahead and do it without regrets; so you weren't surprised when your daughter(s) as well as son(s) went and did it...

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...so you weren't surprised when your daughter(s) as well as son(s) went and did it...
For my daughter (1st-born), I was neither here nor there. My #3 (son) has a mental age of 8yo, so many of his decisions continue to be reckless (and make us wince). He is not under a guardianship, so we have no say in such matters.

#2 & #4 (sons) may have gotten them in the military, but I am unaware of such. Since my decision is not based on innocence vs. guilt, I don't ascribe guilt to their decisions on the matter, either.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
For my daughter (1st-born), I was neither here nor there. My #3 (son) has a mental age of 8yo, so many of his decisions continue to be reckless (and make us wince). He is not under a guardianship, so we have no say in such matters.

#2 & #4 (sons) may have gotten them in the military, but I am unaware of such. Since my decision is not based on innocence vs. guilt, I don't ascribe guilt to their decisions on the matter, either.
I guess what you're really saying is that for both young men and women that come of age now, having it done is part of life...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think "part of life" is too broad. More "part of fashion."

Was the Sony Walkman "part of life" or "part of fashion?"
I guess I should have said that because of prevailing customs you were not at all surprised that both son(s) and daughter(s) wanted to get inkings?