POLL: Was Jesus PERFECT?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Jesus PERFECT? --- Sinless, YES; but Perfect??

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Haven't thought about it ...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. -Matthew 5:48

And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, -Hebrews 5:9

For the law appoints men in their weakness as high priests, but the word of the oath, which came later than the law, appoints a Son who has been made perfect forever. -Hebrews 7:28

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. -1 John 4:18a

1 Timothy 3:16
[16] And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Luke 13:32
[32] And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

Is it mingled that He came to crucify the deeds of the flesh and raise a new temple perfect and Holy unto God ...that is a temple made without hands which is
1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.—“justified in the Spirit“

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ---> Was Jesus Perfect?

Yes.

Are men called to Become Perfected?

Yes.

Is a man who Becomes Baptized with the Holy Spirit Perfected?

Yes.

Glory to God,
Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you prefer to say you did something to earn grace over another instead of it being solely a choice of Him who calls...That is your choice.
Why are you presenting a FALSE NARRATIVE. Show me one genuine Christian who has said that they "earned grace"?

And you are welcome to your false gospel, but you will also give account for distorting God's truth. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit all draw sinners to the Savior through the Gospel and the convicting and convincing of the Holy Spirit. But every sinner must respond to the Gospel through repentance and faith in Christ. And you had to do the same. You were not magically converted, but if you think you were it will be a first.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If our Lord Jesus was not... perfect, then He would not be Immanuel, God with us.

In these latter days, beware of those coming that preach how the humanity of Jesus showed that He was not perfect, and thus not God come in the flesh. That's really what those questioning the Scripture about Jesus having no sin are trying to do, i.e., trying to show that He was not God come in the flesh.

Beware also of those who quote Jesus on the cross saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, My God, why has Thou forsaken Me?", and then they preach a false message of how Jesus' humanity failed Him (Matt.27:46). Our Lord Jesus indeed suffered on the cross, but the reason He said that is because He was TEACHING those present, for that, "My God, My God, why has Thou forsaken Me?" was a direct quote from Psalms 22 which gives details of His crucifixion. That was a prophecy given king David about a 1,000 years before the crucifixion. It was like our Lord Jesus saying, "See, this is what David prophesied of Me." It was to mark especially... to the Jews, that He is The Christ, that He had come, and they rejected Him like the prophecy showed.

How often you think the orthodox Jews get to hear that taught by their rabbi?! How much proof does one need that Jesus of Nazareth is The Messiah with God having given David the prophecy of Messiah's crucifixion a thousand years before it happened?!

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you presenting a FALSE NARRATIVE. Show me one genuine Christian who has said that they "earned grace"?

And you are welcome to your false gospel, but you will also give account for distorting God's truth. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit all draw sinners to the Savior through the Gospel and the convicting and convincing of the Holy Spirit. But every sinner must respond to the Gospel through repentance and faith in Christ. And you had to do the same. You were not magically converted, but if you think you were it will be a first.

I’m the one calling it earning grace because I don’t agree that man has to open the door and invite God in to his heart. But just because I see it that way doesn’t mean God agrees or that it is right. Should not have said that to you. I am sorry.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Hisman

Mar 31, 2019
westen
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes He was..and even proved it by being tested fully.

Thought. Does something, anything, have to be tested to be proved perfect?
Never had that thought before.

We can see a perfect looking apple, but until tested , how do we know it will come up to scratch in taste.
He was the perfect image of His Father. - If you have seen me, you have seen the Father.

I must think on these things .

Reactions: Nancy

Josephhasarainbow14

Jul 11, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes on Earth Jesus was in the body of a man. But despite that being the case he is the 2nd spirit person of the Trinity.
he is the Son of the living God. As the Holy Spirit guides the prophets to write the words in our bible because it is the words in our bibles that are correct. Jesus was conceived and dwelt with the Holy Spirit. Jehovah said in Matthew 3:17 This is my Son whom I am well pleased. In the Book of John it says He is the word that has dwelt among us. Therefore all evidence and all proof shows that he is of God he is God and shows that he is perfect.:)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes on Earth Jesus was in the body of a man. But despite that being the case he is the 2nd spirit person of the Trinity.
he is the Son of the living God. As the Holy Spirit guides the prophets to write the words in our bible because it is the words in our bibles that are correct. Jesus was conceived and dwelt with the Holy Spirit. Jehovah said in Matthew 3:17 This is my Son whom I am well pleased. In the Book of John it says He is the word that has dwelt among us. Therefore all evidence and all proof shows that he is of God he is God and shows that he is perfect.:)

Hi j14,
It's a tired doctrine which needs to remain buried, instead of dug up, beat, and then buried again. -- Jesus gave us his GOD nature on earth. There's nothing he did which we cannot do, and GOD cannot be tempted, but Jesus was tempted in all things.

So although I agree that GOD is perfect, Jesus was not GOD on earth, so the question remains ...

Thanks,
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Helen