potty training now and back then

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife's family tree contains, if it is not in the Bible, you can't do it. Also, one must do things the way Jesus did.
They were over as guests for dinner. I replaced the Toliet Paper with three buckets: 1) Fresh Water to rinse, 2) Soapy Water and 3) Vinegar water with a sponge on a stick.
Back in Jesus's day people would take the stick out of the vinegar water, dip in soapy water, redip in viegar water, then in fresh water to clean their behinds -- leaving the stick in the vinegar water.
I left a note on how to do it all.

Her Brother's wife was first in the latrine. Red the note and screamed for toliet paper. I would not tell anyone where to find it. I explained that is how Jesus did it. And, reminded them what they always tell others to do.

en.wikipedia.org

Xylospongium - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org
daily.jstor.org

This Is How They Wiped Themselves in Ancient Rome - JSTOR Daily

A very gross but extremely informative look at the archaeology of toilet hygiene.
daily.jstor.org
daily.jstor.org
www.sapiens.org

What Did Ancient Romans Do Without Toilet Paper?

An archaeologist explains what ancient Roman bathrooms were like. Hint: It involved a long stick and a bucket of vinegar.
www.sapiens.org
www.sapiens.org
archaeologymysteries.com

Did the ancient Romans share their toilet sponge?

The ancient Romans did not use toilet paper as we know it today. Instead, it was for a long time supposed that they used a sponge on a stick called a “tersorium” or a “xylospongium”, pr…
archaeologymysteries.com
archaeologymysteries.com
www.smithsonianmag.com

How the Ancient Romans Went to the Bathroom

A new book by journalist Lina Zeldovich traces the management of human waste—and underscores poop's potential as a valuable resource
www.smithsonianmag.com
www.smithsonianmag.com
www.history.com

All the Ways We’ve Wiped: The History of Toilet Paper and What Came Before | HISTORY

Among tools people used in the past were moss, sponge on a stick, ceramic pieces and bamboo 'spatulas.'
www.history.com
www.history.com
www.quora.com

What was pooping like in Ancient Greece? Did they just go wherever they wanted to? Did they wipe with tree leaves?

Answer (1 of 2): Original question: What was pooping like in Ancient Greece? Did they just go wherever they wanted to? Did they wipe with tree leaves? The period designated as “Ancient Greece” covers a long span of time, but it appears that at the height of the Classical era, the fifth and fourt...
www.quora.com
www.quora.com

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you do that to them? Is this a late April Fool?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you do that to them? Is this a late April Fool?
No just having fun with them.

When cleaning my Mother's Appartment, I found some cans of juice that turned into wine. Since, the same family does not believe in miracles. I said the blessing and asked Jesus to turn the Juice into Wine. I poured some into everyone's glasses. When they tasted it, their eyes went big. 101

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is so funny - did they see the funny side or take offence ?
I would find that hilarious - but I wouldn’t take the Bible out of cultural context anyway x

• Haha
Reactions: TLHKAJ and Debp

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is so funny - did they see the funny side or take offence ?
I would find that hilarious - but I wouldn’t take the Bible out of cultural context anyway x
They thought the wine was funny. In fact a bidding war started for the rest of the cans so they can do it at next holiday. The price got up to around 200 dollars. I was thinking I could buy a new tool chest on wheels and drawers I needed. My wife put an end to it all and just gave them the cans of wine. After, everyone left, I told her I wanted the money to buy that tool chest. She decided, I did not need it.

How many volumes will it take to record how Ladies think?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They thought the wine was funny. In fact a bidding war started for the rest of the cans so they can do it at next holiday. The price got up to around 200 dollars. I was thinking I could buy a new tool chest on wheels and drawers I needed. My wife put an end to it all and just gave them the cans of wine. After, everyone left, I told her I wanted the money to buy that tool chest. She decided, I did not need it.

How many volumes will it take to record how Ladies think?
We are an interesting creation ! lol
sorry you didn’t get your tool chest x

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife's family tree contains, if it is not in the Bible, you can't do it. Also, one must do things the way Jesus did.
They were over as guests for dinner. I replaced the Toliet Paper with three buckets: 1) Fresh Water to rinse, 2) Soapy Water and 3) Vinegar water with a sponge on a stick.
Back in Jesus's day people would take the stick out of the vinegar water, dip in soapy water, redip in viegar water, then in fresh water to clean their behinds -- leaving the stick in the vinegar water.

Her Brother's wife was first in the latrine. Red the note and screamed for toliet paper. I would not tell anyone where to find it. I explained that is how Jesus did it. And, reminded them what they always tell others to do.

en.wikipedia.org

Xylospongium - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org
daily.jstor.org

A very gross but extremely informative look at the archaeology of toilet hygiene.
daily.jstor.org
daily.jstor.org
www.sapiens.org

An archaeologist explains what ancient Roman bathrooms were like. Hint: It involved a long stick and a bucket of vinegar.
www.sapiens.org
www.sapiens.org
archaeologymysteries.com

The ancient Romans did not use toilet paper as we know it today. Instead, it was for a long time supposed that they used a sponge on a stick called a “tersorium” or a “xylospongium”, pr…
archaeologymysteries.com
archaeologymysteries.com
www.smithsonianmag.com

A new book by journalist Lina Zeldovich traces the management of human waste—and underscores poop's potential as a valuable resource
www.smithsonianmag.com
www.smithsonianmag.com
www.history.com

All the Ways We’ve Wiped: The History of Toilet Paper and What Came Before | HISTORY

Among tools people used in the past were moss, sponge on a stick, ceramic pieces and bamboo 'spatulas.'
www.history.com
www.history.com
www.quora.com

What was pooping like in Ancient Greece? Did they just go wherever they wanted to? Did they wipe with tree leaves?

Answer (1 of 2): Original question: What was pooping like in Ancient Greece? Did they just go wherever they wanted to? Did they wipe with tree leaves? The period designated as “Ancient Greece” covers a long span of time, but it appears that at the height of the Classical era, the fifth and fourt...
www.quora.com
www.quora.com

I saw those ancient, outdoor public toilets on a TV travel program....Rome I think. I found it surprising that each toilet (hole) was located right next to each other...a whole line of them. (As shown your photos.)

Also, found it hilarious what you did to your family! Are they developing any more of a sense of humor?

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are an interesting creation ! lol
sorry you didn’t get your tool chest x
I found one on amazon for $50, My Boss, Wife gave me permission to build the large one using 80/20 materials. Google 80/20 materials toolchest to learn more from Youtube.

1712703946196.png

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Rita

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw those ancient, outdoor public toilets on a TV travel program....Rome I think. I found it surprising that each toilet (hole) was located right next to each other...a whole line of them. (As shown your photos.)

Also, found it hilarious what you did to your family! Are they developing any more of a sense of humor?
I have nothing plained yet. I am thinking of pointing out one should not drive on a Sabbath or Sunday. There are some Jewish sects, that claim starting an engine on your car is starting a fire --- combustion engine.

Exodus 35:3
King James Version
3 Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All suggestions appreached. When I was helpping them building their house, they had a flat roof. I ask where is the fence around the roof? I qouted the following verse. They said, they never heard of such a thing. I pointed out Jesus was a Carpenter and that would be the way he would do it.

Deuteronomy 22:8
“When you build a new house, you shall make a parapet for your roof, that you may not bring the guilt of blood upon your house, if anyone should fall from it.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I found one on amazon for $50, My Boss, Wife gave me permission to build the large one using 80/20 materials. Google 80/20 materials toolchest to learn more from Youtube.

View attachment 44276
Really pleased ‘ Your Boss ‘ relented and you got what you wanted. Were there any tactics involved or did she just think about it and felt guilty saying ‘ no ‘ to what you original asked !?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Debp

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

en.wikipedia.org

Xylospongium - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org
daily.jstor.org

daily.jstor.org
daily.jstor.org
www.sapiens.org

www.sapiens.org
www.sapiens.org
archaeologymysteries.com

archaeologymysteries.com
archaeologymysteries.com
www.smithsonianmag.com

www.smithsonianmag.com
www.smithsonianmag.com
www.history.com

www.history.com
www.history.com
www.quora.com

www.quora.com
www.quora.com
Now that's community! We all want community yet if I set my place up like this, who's gonna visit? o_O

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have nothing plained yet. I am thinking of pointing out one should not drive on a Sabbath or Sunday. There are some Jewish sects, that claim starting an engine on your car is starting a fire --- combustion engine.

Exodus 35:3
King James Version
3 Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.

Years ago on PBS I watched a program about Orthodox Jews.... maybe ultra Orthodox in Israel.

They showed a young girl in the family diligently tearing each toilet paper square apart and stacking them, ahead of the Sabbath. They considered even tearing off some toilet paper work.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Years ago on PBS I watched a program about Orthodox Jews.... maybe ultra Orthodox in Israel.

They showed a young girl in the family diligently tearing each toilet paper square apart and stacking them, ahead of the Sabbath. They considered even tearing off some toilet paper work.
I wouldn't be surprised if pushing that brownie out was considered work in certain quarters.

• Haha
Reactions: MA2444 and Debp

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really pleased ‘ Your Boss ‘ relented and you got what you wanted. Were there any tactics involved or did she just think about it and felt guilty saying ‘ no ‘ to what you original asked !?
I collect dressers, desks and tables from trash that has real wood to recycle them in projects.

Reactions: Debp and Rita

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am in the habbit of tearing off 4 sheets in a pile to conserve toliet paper.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Adrift and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am in the habbit of tearing off 4 sheets in a pile to conserve toliet paper.

Two sheets here. The roll lasts and lasts. When I get visitors however, sometimes it's two rolls in a day.:doldrums:

I remember hearing about some millionaire that would only allow his wife to use a couple of sheets of toilet paper. I don't know how he kept track of that!