Power! Power! Wonder working Power!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
We need power...The majority are afraid, and shun true power. Look at this verse. You've always been presented the ending of it but the beginning though...

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve...Joshua 24:15

If it seem evil unto you...Hmmm..The enemy doesn't want the Christian to have power. All the world sees is the natural power of man so when they witness the power of God, they're not used to that and they'll call it the devil and such things. But that mans power apart from Go is the true workings of the devil. Cause the enemy has power too. Even Christians are this way. Carnal Christians. There are "Christians" and then there are Holy Ghost-filled Christians. Think about that for a second. A lot are skeptical of ghosts. Then at the same time, how the world does, they'll feed you Casper, then tell you there's no Holy Ghost. Well we are in dwelt by a Ghost. The Ghost. I'd imagine going in a haunted house I'd feel the presence of spirits. How much more the presence of the Holy Spirit? The Holy Ghost is not of this world. We are not of this world. Our identity is found in Christ. His Spirit lives in us. Hallelujah...

But there are those in the world that would call this Power. This Holy Spirit evil. They can reject and blaspheme right there. They are ignorant. Lord have mercy upon them. But then there are the "religious" folk. Got a form of godliness but denying the power. They're rejecting the Power. Saying no to the Power. Don't want it. My...Pushing it away.

Why is this?

They want it their way for one. To be gods in a sense. To feel like they have power in and of themselves. They wanna be self-sufficient. Self-made. Pride...They don't want to come in by the door but enter in some other way. You must come Gods provided way. Jesus said that He is the Door of the sheep. In the same chapter He said that no man takes His life but He lays it down Himself and that He has the Power to take it again. So did they take His life? He laid it down and took it back. To those who don't believe Jesus is God my question to you is " Can a man do this?"...For these things many said He had a devil and was mad...Others asked " Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?" Recognize Power. When heaven meets earth it may not seem familiar but its God.

For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power. 1 Cor. 4:20

And they were astonished at his doctrine for his word was with power. Luke 4:32

....the power of the Lord was present to heal them. Luke 5:17

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 1 Cor. 2:5

Blessings