Power

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, here are some "power" quotes..:)

"Our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power" (1 Thessalonians 1:5)
"I am full of power,judgement and might by the spirit of the Lord" (Micah 3:8)
"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds" (2 Corinthians 10:4)
"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power" (Ephesians 6:10)
"After Jesus spent the night in prayer, everybody tried to touch him because power was coming from him" (Luke 6:12-19)

Jesus said "Someone touched me, I know that power has gone out from me." (Luke 8:46)

And we too can "touch" him to get a power download by just mumbling a few words such as "Jesus remember me" when we're tired, lonely, fed up..:)
Good post/scriptures..on 'Power.'
---
'Power Encounter'..in Spiritual Warfare.
- Charles Kraft
The book gives some examples/stories..
- on 'power encounter/factor'.. on mission work.
- & in the Bible.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..we can have confidence that God will hear us when we pray.
"16Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16..

Food for thought- perhaps prayer is a kind of "thought pressure" that nudges what we call "reality" in the direction we want it to go?
Perhaps our reality is just an illusion or dream, and Jesus was perhaps a 'Master of the Art of Dream Manipulation' able to perform what looked like miracles to people?

Reactions: bbyrd009

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When people have faith, that’s when the power of God shows up in his servants to minister to those with that faith. My brother just died from cancer. I tried to persuade him to seek God for 10 more years of life but he just didn’t want to. No miracle answers from God were going to happen in his case. He just wanted to die.

Im real sorry to hear that Ferris.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Food for thought- perhaps prayer is a kind of "thought pressure" that nudges what we call "reality" in the direction we want it to go?
Perhaps our reality is just an illusion or dream, and Jesus was perhaps a 'Master of the Art of Dream Manipulation' able to perform what looked like miracles to people?
I consider the miracles of Jesus to be real and tangible and not just illusionary. If there's anything illusionary about miracles I think it would be the devil who specializes in that. Are lying signs and wonders 'lying' because God doesn't really do them, or because they aren't really miraculous?

"9The coming of the lawless one will be accompanied by the working of Satan, with every kind of power, sign, and false wonder" 2 Thessalonians 2:9

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are lying signs and wonders 'lying' because God doesn't really do them, or because they aren't really miraculous?
"9The coming of the lawless one will be accompanied by the working of Satan, with every kind of power, sign, and false wonder" 2 Thessalonians 2:9

All Jesus's miracles are good, but satan's are bad, that's how we can tell the difference.
For example satan somehow miraculously got Biden into the White House..;)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If God teaches us what to say, it will work, won't it?
probably a lot of that is how one is received, and heard, i guess? And i am apparently intimidating to ppl, not sure why…point being that what works for you might not work for me, although i think your formula there should overcome, yes

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When people have faith, that’s when the power of God shows up in his servants to minister to those with that faith
well, ive read valid enough arguments viz miracles accomplished without others’ faith, too; so its a weird dynamic i guess. I just found it kinda strange that Jesus wasnt able to do any miracles, other than to heal a couple people? Like what other miracles might have been possible

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

i have a lot of what i guess would be called circumstantial evidence for this pov;
we cant find like 95% of what our maths tell us must “exist”
and, lucid dreaming

Reactions: Dropship

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I consider the miracles of Jesus to be real and tangible and not just illusionary. If there's anything illusionary about miracles I think it would be the devil who specializes in that. Are lying signs and wonders 'lying' because God doesn't really do them, or because they aren't really miraculous?

“to the lobsters in the galley, the sinking of the Titanic was a miracle” so i dunno if id have used the term “illusionary” so much as a matter of perspective, but i do note that Big Pharma is solely focused on treating symptoms rather than causes

if you can get sick ppl to focus on the causes, imo miracles can happen tho. But as to someone seeking a miracle for a self-inflicted malady, im just skeptible :)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Incidentally we know Jesus said WE can perform miracles too ("move a mountain") but so far nobody seems to have done a miracle, except in perhaps a smaller way?
As for our reality being just an illusion or dream, it's not a new idea..:)-

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allen Poe
"You can be in my dream if i can be in your dream" -Bob Dylan
"We are such stuff as dreams are made on" -The Tempest
"Strawberry Fields, nothing is real" - The Beatles
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one'' -Einstein
"What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (Bible: James 4:14)
"Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?" (Morpheus in The Matrix)
"The quantum atoms or elementary particles themselves are not real; they form a world of potentialities or possibilities rather than one of things or facts"– Prof. Werner Heisenberg (Nobel Prize winner in Physics)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Incidentally we know Jesus said WE can perform miracles too ("move a mountain") but so far nobody seems to have done a miracle, except in perhaps a smaller way?
i like the analogy, particularly after i discovered that that is how Caesaria Phillipi was built? A mountain was moved into the sea, basically, and i guess this was contemporary to Jesus’ time, or just before

As for our reality being just an illusion or dream, it's not a new idea..:)-
i have literally felt on the verge of lucid dreaming in some irl situations, just normal mundane situations, not like things were going all weird or anything…but then it just slipped away, surely due to some lack of understanding on my part (was my feeling at the time)

Reactions: Dropship

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And consider this- if an incoming asteroid on a collison course with earth is regarded as a "mountain", perhaps if enough people prayed to divert it, their combined prayers might be enough to nudge it off its collision path?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..i have literally felt on the verge of lucid dreaming in some irl situations, just normal mundane situations, not like things were going all weird or anything…but then it just slipped away, surely due to some lack of understanding on my part (was my feeling at the time)

When I'm dreaming, there's always a part of me that KNOWS it's just a dream..:)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
probably a lot of that is how one is received, and heard, i guess? And i am apparently intimidating to ppl, not sure why…point being that what works for you might not work for me, although i think your formula there should overcome, yes
Not everyone wants to be healed. Many want to be worshipped, I think. Isn't that what Jesus ran into?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, ive read valid enough arguments viz miracles accomplished without others’ faith, too; so its a weird dynamic i guess. I just found it kinda strange that Jesus wasnt able to do any miracles, other than to heal a couple people? Like what other miracles might have been possible
There are things more than physical life, are there not? Therefore, should there not be things more important than physical healing?

People throughout the scriptures, OT and NT, limited God.

How do we limit God? Perhaps by our double mindedness?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
There are things more than physical life, are there not? Therefore, should there not be things more important than physical healing?

People throughout the scriptures, OT and NT, limited God.

How do we limit God? Perhaps by our double mindedness?
maybe? There’s just something that is saying, im thinking…but that might be it

Reactions: amadeus