Power

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul told us the kingdom of heaven is a kingdom power (1 Corinthians 4:20). I’ve always wondered about that. I know I can’t force people to do what they don’t want to do. A thought came to me this morning, though. We may not have the power to force people to do what they don’t want to do, but maybe we have the power to heal – make people happy.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, here are some "power" quotes..:)

"Our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power" (1 Thessalonians 1:5)
"I am full of power,judgement and might by the spirit of the Lord" (Micah 3:8)
"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds" (2 Corinthians 10:4)
"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power" (Ephesians 6:10)
"After Jesus spent the night in prayer, everybody tried to touch him because power was coming from him" (Luke 6:12-19)

Jesus said "Someone touched me, I know that power has gone out from me." (Luke 8:46)

And we too can "touch" him to get a power download by just mumbling a few words such as "Jesus remember me" when we're tired, lonely, fed up..:)

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We may not have the power to force people to do what they don’t want to do, but maybe we have the power to heal – make people happy.
We do have power to heal:

"16 ...I appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will remain—so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you." John 15:16

When we walk in God's command to love others we receive supernatural power through that love to pray fervently and in faith for them to be healed of whatever ails them. Without that obedience you're not going to have power.

Reactions: ScottA

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Paul told us the kingdom of heaven is a kingdom power (1 Corinthians 4:20). I’ve always wondered about that. I know I can’t force people to do what they don’t want to do. A thought came to me this morning, though. We may not have the power to force people to do what they don’t want to do, but maybe we have the power to heal – make people happy.
i think you would have to ask yourself why we dont see faith healers in cancer wards, bob, at least at a certain point. The power might come from getting people to change their minds, thus becoming willing to do what they previously did not want to do? dunno

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When we walk in God's command to love others we receive supernatural power through that love to pray fervently and in faith for them to be healed of whatever ails them. Without that obedience you're not going to have power.
this is what a lot of pop Christianity teaches, but in the end it seems to be just another deception, huh? Personally i try to keep an open mind there, and there are plenty of instances of “miraculous” healing too, i guess, but the mechanism does not seem so clear

Reactions: Nancy

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is what a lot of pop Christianity teaches, but in the end it seems to be just another deception, huh? Personally i try to keep an open mind there, and there are plenty of instances of “miraculous” healing too, i guess, but the mechanism does not seem so clear
I know from experience that the more you care about a person and their circumstances the more fervently you're going to pray to God for them. And because you care, God will answer (speaking generally, of course). The caring that is inside of us is God's caring! That's why we can have confidence that God will hear us when we pray.

"16Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16

"14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him." 1 John 5:14-15
When we are filled with love and compassion for others we are operating in the will of God and so he hears us, and because we know he hears us we have what we ask for. Being the vessel of God's love for all mankind is the key to the miraculous. Don't let evil men and the greed of their prosperity gospel abuses turn you away from this power we have as believers. It's for real. Nurture the love of God in you for others and you will pray with power and effectiveness. And you will know the joy and abundance that is yours in Christ. The joy and abundance he died to give you.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its not about being made happy . cause look at how many folks JESUS angered . its simply about bringing them to the saving knowledge
of JESUS . I mean one could make a gay man real happy by saying HEY JESUS is OKAY with it , your fine . Being happy is not our goal .
THOUGH lambs are HAPPY in the LORD . Our goal is to preach the truth and nothing but the truth in hopes some will hear and repent .
but believe you me it dont make most even in the churches happy to hear truth anymore , rather it makes them very angry indeed .
COURSE when lambs hear the truth we are made happy . SO again that is something to really ponder on indeed .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do have power to heal:

"16 ...I appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will remain—so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you." John 15:16

But maybe it goes farther than that. Perhaps when we walk with the Lord, the Lord teaches us how to heal people. I'm not talking about waving a magic want to make cancer go away, but teaching people how to make changes in their lives to remove their problems.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think you would have to ask yourself why we dont see faith healers in cancer wards, bob, at least at a certain point. The power might come from getting people to change their minds, thus becoming willing to do what they previously did not want to do? dunno
I'm not thinking so much of making cancer go away - though with lifestyle changes, maybe that can be done, too. I'm thinking about fixing people's lives.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its not about being made happy . cause look at how many folks JESUS angered . its simply about bringing them to the saving knowledge
of JESUS . I mean one could make a gay man real happy by saying HEY JESUS is OKAY with it , your fine . Being happy is not our goal .
THOUGH lambs are HAPPY in the LORD . Our goal is to preach the truth and nothing but the truth in hopes some will hear and repent .
but believe you me it dont make most even in the churches happy to hear truth anymore , rather it makes them very angry indeed .
COURSE when lambs hear the truth we are made happy . SO again that is something to really ponder on indeed .
I'm talking about straightening out lives.

Reactions: amigo de christo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I know from experience that the more you care about a person and their circumstances the more fervently you're going to pray to God for them. And because you care, God will answer (speaking generally, of course). The caring that is inside of us is God's caring! That's why we can have confidence that God will hear us when we pray.

"16Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16

"14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him." 1 John 5:14-15
When we are filled with love and compassion for others we are operating in the will of God and so he hears us, and because we know he hears us we have what we ask for. Being the vessel of God's love for all mankind is the key to the miraculous. Don't let evil men and the greed of their prosperity gospel abuses turn you away from this power we have as believers. It's for real. Nurture the love of God in you for others and you will pray with power and effectiveness. And you will know the joy and abundance that is yours in Christ. The joy and abundance he died to give you.
yes ty fb
hospice care the world over is waiting for you to act on your beliefs, i guess :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm not thinking so much of making cancer go away - though with lifestyle changes, maybe that can be done, too. I'm thinking about fixing people's lives.
certainly a noble aim, if not really directly practical a lot of the time. You mean ppl who are asking, right?
for example, who is asking you for help right now, bob?

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes ty fb
hospice care the world over is waiting for you to act on your beliefs, i guess :)
It doesn't quite work that way. Maybe you've been listening to too many of those greedy prosperity gospel preachers, lol:

"5So He could not perform any miracles there, except to lay His hands on a few of the sick and heal them." Mark 6:5

"One day Jesus was teaching, and the Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there. People had come from Jerusalem and from every village of Galilee and Judea, and the power of the Lord was present for Him to heal the sick." Luke 5:17
God himself ordains the time and place where the power to heal is available and released. When you care about people those opportunities will make themselves known to you as God wills.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
certainly a noble aim, if not really directly practical a lot of the time. You mean ppl who are asking, right?
for example, who is asking you for help right now, bob?
It could happen in a simple conversation. John Doe tells you of a problem he is having. You see a possible answer and share that. Problem fixed.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It doesn't quite work that way. Maybe you've been listening to too many of those greedy prosperity gospel preachers
ah, maybe
those greedy prosperity gospel preachers made it into hospice care, have they?

5So He could not perform any miracles there, except to lay His hands on a few of the sick and heal them.
kind of an interesting way to put it, huh?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kind of an interesting way to put it, huh?
When people have faith, that’s when the power of God shows up in his servants to minister to those with that faith. My brother just died from cancer. I tried to persuade him to seek God for 10 more years of life but he just didn’t want to. No miracle answers from God were going to happen in his case. He just wanted to die.