PRAY FOR FAMILIES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Last year God put it on my heart to pray for the Church and I did and asked him what should be my prayer focus this year.

Last night I watched two episodes of a programme called '24 hours in Police custody' where the cameras follow teams of police officers from the beginning of a case to the charging of the perpetrator.

Both episodes I watched last night were cases where tiny babies had suffered catastrophic injuries from one or both of their parents. One baby who didn't die suffered brain injuries so devastating that he would need care for the rest of his life.

It made me angry and it made me sad and has prompted my belief that my prayers this year should be for families. How has family life so disintegrated, how has it come to the stage where fathers, who are meant to love and protect the children are the ones who are causing such harm to their little ones. it is something we hear about so often here in the UK.

How can the Church help these families? I believe that family life is important to God, that earthly parents are to be loving, and protective. I know it is the enemy who has caused this shift away from decency just as it the enemy who is attempting to destroy the Church.

I invite all those who feel led to join me this year to pray for family life in general or for individual families who may be experiencing difficulties.

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Last year God put it on my heart to pray for the Church and I did and asked him what should be my prayer focus this year.

Last night I watched two episodes of a programme called '24 hours in Police custody' where the cameras follow teams of police officers from the beginning of a case to the charging of the perpetrator.

Both episodes I watched last night were cases where tiny babies had suffered catastrophic injuries from one or both of their parents. One baby who didn't die suffered brain injuries so devastating that he would need care for the rest of his life.

It made me angry and it made me sad and has prompted my belief that my prayers this year should be for families. How has family life so disintegrated, how has it come to the stage where fathers, who are meant to love and protect the children are the ones who are causing such harm to their little ones. it is something we hear about so often here in the UK.

How can the Church help these families? I believe that family life is important to God, that earthly parents are to be loving, and protective. I know it is the enemy who has caused this shift away from decency just as it the enemy who is attempting to destroy the Church.

I invite all those who feel led to join me this year to pray for family life in general or for individual families who may be experiencing difficulties.

How sad …but we also have heard the same …people are getting more frustrated because of no work and staying within four walls.
The demonic is attacking families , so many churches and families are divided through this Covid thing , through this issues of Vaxing or no vexing , masks or no masks etc etc . It seems that peoples nerves are on edge and fight over the most stupid things….as we know, it is a dark spirit at work , destroying and dividing…

Even so come Lord Jesus .

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm praying for families, to be given care. For those who are effected by events, to recover from them.

I want to improve on praying. Coming into the new year I feel lead to pray for other things that I wouldn't otherwise pray on.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm praying for families, to be given care. For those who are effected by events, to recover from them.

I want to improve on praying. Coming into the new year I feel lead to pray for other things that I wouldn't otherwise pray on.
Yes, we must be led by the Holy Spirit when we pray.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying for families!

Reactions: Pearl