Pray for me please

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you are on the mend John ...I missed the boat and had not seen this thread when I posted one a couple of days ago! Whoops! Serves me right for only checking in once in a while when I was fighting sickness myself .

by Gods strength and power we will soon be back to full fighting strength ....it’s just taking a L O T ...longer than I ever imagined ! Mine started May 7th ...and here we are on June 2nd! :rolleyes:

But the love and faithfulness of Father is so awesome “in time of need”.

gentle hugs John ...xx

I still have you in prayer as well dear sister. Say hello to Dave for me and also James. I know James checks in on his forum once in a while, but sometimes I get too busy for my own good and don't check in there much myself.

This is the most active forum I can tolerate for long. Without God's support I could not this, but then again I do believe without His support I would long ago have been physically dead. When I backslid for those 10 years which forced me to retire from secular work early [2000]...if I had not come really back on the Lord's side I know it was to be the end for me. Over 20 years ago and here I am, as you are, still moving on toward the Light which is right there before us.

Three nights sleep deprived now... and I know you understand about that. As a young man I would have collapsed in exhaustion, but now I must, like our Master, Jesus, said it... work while it is day for soon night is coming when no man can work...

Give God the glory!

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I still have you in prayer as well dear sister. Say hello to Dave for me and also James. I know James checks in on his forum once in a while, but sometimes I get too busy for my own good and don't check in there much myself.

This is the most active forum I can tolerate for long. Without God's support I could not this, but then again I do believe without His support I would long ago have been physically dead. When I backslid for those 10 years which forced me to retire from secular work early [2000]...if I had not came really back on the Lord's side I know was to the end for me. Over 20 years ago and here I am, as you are, still moving on toward the Light which is right there before us.

Three nights sleep deprived now... and I know you understand about that. As a young man I would have collapsed in exhaustion, but now I must, like our Master, Jesus, said work while it is day for soon night is coming when no man can work...

Give God the glory!
good on you Amadeus!

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
dear heavenly Father God, I pray that you help wonderful amadeus with the pneumonia he has and give him strength and comfort and a nice rest. I pray that you help his wife too who has a severely compromised immune system who lovingly/kindly looks after amadeus, her lovely husband who amadeus says is a good and faithful wife, thanks so extraordinarily in Jesus' name, amen

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dear heavenly Father God, I pray that you help wonderful amadeus with the pneumonia he has and give him strength and comfort and a nice rest. I pray that you help his wife too who has a severely compromised immune system who lovingly/kindly looks after amadeus, her lovely husband who is a good and faithful wife, thanks so extraordinarily in Jesus' name, amen
May God richly bless you for your prayer for us!
What a mighty God we serve!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, lots of battles lie ahead. Our God is able to win everyone. Let us pray that God is always a participant to assure the result is His result!
Yes, they are the only ones in life that count, and are worth fighting for, no matter the direction, intensity and source in this world of ours.

The LORD keeps blessing you, and this time he will do it by getting you restful sleep. Amen

APAK

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, they are the only ones in life that count, and are worth fighting for, no matter the direction, intensity and source in this world of ours.

The LORD keeps blessing you, and this time he will do it by getting you restful sleep. Amen

APAK
Yes, restful sleep! It's about to 8AM now and I have been awake again since prior to 4AM. I don't demand it of God, for He does know what I need all of the time.

I am remembering flying as a young soldier from an AFB in North Carolina to San Juan, Puerto Rico to await another flight into the Dominican Republic. We had a barracks available to sleep for the 7 hours or so before our USAF flight would take us on into Santo Domingo. But, I had never seen Puerto Rico. Young and foolish with a couple of friends I chose to try out Planter's Punch, a local drink at a local establishment until flight time. All night! Those AFB flights are not similar at all to commercial civilian ones for a comfortable nap... The noise and the pain [in my head] as I struggled through that first day in Santo Domingo..! LOL [Now I can laugh!]

Yes and Lord look at me now! How can I complain? Give God the glory!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, restful sleep! It's about to 8AM now and I have been awake again since prior to 4AM. I don't demand it of God, for He does know what I need all of the time.

I am remembering flying as a young soldier from an AFB in North Carolina to San Juan, Puerto Rico to await another flight into the Dominican Republic. We had a barracks available to sleep for the 7 hours or so before our USAF flight would take us on into Santo Domingo. But, I had never seen Puerto Rico. Young and foolish with a couple of friends I chose to try out Planter's Punch, a local drink at a local establishment until flight time. All night! Those AFB flights are not similar at all to commercial civilian ones for a comfortable nap... The noise and the pain [in my head] as I struggled through that first day in Santo Domingo..! LOL [Now I can laugh!]

Yes and Lord look at me now! How can I complain? Give God the glory!
Truly a great and young experience you have described here. I do know of the ear-piercing noises from the engines and the ragged and rough accommodations on some of those earlier planes on 'long' flights. I bet you felt the punch the next day...what a headache maybe..lol

Keep your spirit up, I'm counting on you if I may be so bold to call you John. My name is Henry(k). And you may know that already. I will stay up with you my friend to see this out...together.

Amen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truly a great and young experience you have described here. I do know of the ear-piercing noises from the engines and the ragged and rough accommodations on some of those earlier planes on 'long' flights. I bet you felt the punch the next day...what a headache maybe..lol

Keep your spirit up, I'm counting on you if I may be so bold to call you John. My name is Henry(k). And you may know that already. I will stay up with you my friend to see this out...together.

Amen
No need for boldness in that, Henry. I welcome your support and friendship. How great is our God!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Standing in the vacinity of so much prayer and love..
I am blessed as well.
I feel the overflow..
And isn't it amazing!

God Bless You Amadeus.
God Bless You all my friends.
Hugs

Oh yes, thank God for the prayer and love and friends!

Unfortunately this forum does manifest at times too much of too many others things, the mammon, which gets hold of even believers when they take their eyes off of Jesus. Let us continue to pray that those things of mammon will decrease and God will increase in each of us!

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lovely posts here...these posts remind me of the fellowship that we used to have on here many moons ago...Henry/APAK will remember too...Somehow with all the politics and pandemic posts we seem to get swamped with worldly stuff ...as Ziggy said ...it is lovely to once again feel the presence of ones brothers and sisters standing shoulder to shoulder as we all walk in faith and grace toward the One True Light!

" 'tis is the Lords doing and wonderful in our eyes ..."

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have pneumonia and need your prayers. Very weak and uncomfortable today so I only quickly looked through my alerts. I will be back to my fullest here when I can. Now I know I need rest. Instead the usually where I am looking after my wife with her severely compromised immune system she is looking after me. Thank God for a good and faithful wife.
Lifting you up and standing in the gap praying for you, John.
Rest in Him and He will give you strength to overcome and His anointing power to heal will flow throughout your body.
Speaking the Word....it is POWERFUL!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lifting you up and standing in the gap praying for you, John.
Rest in Him and He will give you strength to overcome and His anointing power to heal will flow throughout your body.
Speaking the Word....it is POWERFUL!
Give God all of the glory, dear sister! The pneumonia is greater improved and my wife is certain that the sleep deprivation is directly related to the steroids they gave me to take. She was on steroids for over 20 years and they destroyed her immune system so she has some experience there. One of those miracles drugs that at times does seemingly work miracles, but with some very negative side affects. But... God is good and He is ultimately in control. Just need to stay always on His side...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give God all of the glory, dear sister! The pneumonia is greater improved and my wife is certain that the sleep deprivation is directly related to the steroids they gave me to take. She was on steroids for over 20 years and they destroyed her immune system so she has some experience there. One of those miracles drugs that at times does seemingly work miracles, but with some very negative side affects. But... God is good and He is ultimately in control. Just need to stay always on His side...
Steroids are horrible! I think they should be banned.

Reactions: April_Rose

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Steroids are horrible! I think they should be banned.
Are you camping with us today @Heart2Soul
Breakfast is almost over, and we're running low on coffee.
But @APAK caught some fish, maybe for lunch.
Trail hike is about 15 minutes and horseback riding this afternoon.
If you like to join.. we're at CB Camp in the fellowship Forum

Hope to see you there!
HUGS

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hope to see you there!
HUGS
I will try...I also have a grandson who is having a birthday party today at 11....then off to my granddaughters graduation at 3...

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hope to see you there!
HUGS
Now there's a biggy...enough for everyone......gotcha!....:cool:

Kayak-fishing-Matt-harris.jpg