Pray for Shelby County

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stanleyg

Jul 19, 2006
To each Christian I ask that you pray for Shelby County Tennessee. As you may be aware that Shelby County sits directly on the New Madrid Fault. God has sheltered His hedge around our community to bless us from catastrophic disasters of Mother Nature. Yet, our civic officials in Shelby County have forsaken their gratitude to God for sheltering us. I tremble with the thought of God forsaking our community to remove His hedge. We dare not tempt the power of God to spare us from harm.God has demonstrated the devastation of what may happen to any community within the United States, even foreign countries, where He has removed his hedge of protection. I fear that God has sealed our fate same as Nineveh. Thus, I beseech you to pray with me that our civic officials come to the full acknowledgment that staying grateful to God is pertinent to our national security.
Matt21[33] Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
Amen!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Try living in California we will be lucky to make it a year or 2 before a major quake and I suspect less than 6 mohttp://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm and I don"t even want to start on the reasons God will strike down San Francisco/Los AnglesSAN FRANCISCO - 1906 will happen again. And it will be worse than you can possibly imagine. Years of work costing billions of dollars to shore up infrastructure and retrofit buildings, bridges and procedures will mitigate the impact of a “major” or “great” earthquake in the San Francisco Bay Area, but only a little. When the Big One finally hits, the destruction will be immense, utterly overwhelming rescue and recovery efforts, according to a review of more than a dozen recent government and academic reports and interviews with numerous experts in seismology and disaster preparedness.Among other things, the review — assessing measures taken over about the last 20 years — found that only about a tenth of the region’s governments have shored up their municipal water systems to survive a major disaster. Disaster-response experts identify the water supply as the crucial link in the recovery chain both to fight inevitable widespread fires and to help keep survivors alive.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both of you are in my prayers - coincidentally we also live quite close to a fault that has been fairly inactive for the past century or so. (Is it just me or is there a trend here?) I've only felt a few small tremblings since I was little. God will never leave thee or forsake thee.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I don't think its you Swampfox when you look at the amont of sin in the World today I think it reasonable to assume Gods warnings to mankind would increase we are fore warned in Gods word for those that have eyes to see ears to hear