prayer canceling out prayer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There once was a poor man who had little. There was too a rich man who lived with great riches and in fine stitches , clothes .
Both made claim to CHRIST . Hard times befell them both and the rich man cried aloud , ALAS O LORD , do ye not love me
ye have taken my treasure , my riches away from me .
The poor man said , ALAS my LORD you are good and faithful and i have true treasures that eyes cannot behold .
For my treasure is seated at the RIGHT hand of the FATHER .
YEP . where our hope is , where our treasures are , IS where our heart is . JESUS IS OUR RICHES . THAT is A FACT .

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a woman confides in another family member that about sexual abuse.
this person is praying for a heart change in this relative that she will see the truth. she is praying for herself to know the truth as well.
the other woman is into spirituality as well. she is praying because she sees this woman as unforgiving, crazy and making it up. there have been reports by another relative that this cant be possible cos it didnt hapepn to them. the younger woman feels she is being resented .
God does not seem to be answering either of their prayers apparently.
why bother to pray for any of it for both of them?

Of the woman who confided in another regarding such evil, and who prays that the one they confided in will experience a change of heart, I would say that the Lord hears this one. The Lord has regard for the afflicted in their suffering; He inclines His ear toward their voice.

Of the confidant who does not believe the report, and considers the one who confided in them to be a liar, and even insane? I say that the Lord does not incline His ear toward that one. The Lord has no regard for the haughty and the prideful, those who oppress the afflicted in their suffering.

The will of the Lord is done on earth as it is in heaven. These eyes of flesh cannot perceive the hidden things of God; we suffer and are afflicted upon this earth while we sojourn here. Remember that the Lord Himself suffered when He offered Himself for the sake of His beloved, and we are not greater than our Master who is Jesus Christ. Through much tribulation we enter the kingdom of God... that's what I would say to the one who endured such evil.

We suffer only for a little while.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll say this much.

Part of the reason for the falling out on one side of my family is a similar reason.

First time, I was sexually abused by a family member. Nothing happened. Detective didn't do anything. Made me felt like nobody cared.

Then as a teenager, a different family member was too important for anyone to do anything about. I got sent away instead.

The result of that was...

It didn't come out as really believed, I feel like, until it happened to someone else and then that may have been confirmation, but she had a harder time with the family because she actually talked about it.

But what REALLY hurt me was when he died, when the closest person in my life had his name tattooed. That really hurt me. Felt like betrayal to my young mind.

So I guess if I was in the victims shoes, @lilygrace , you should pray for this person, but what the person could need also is just someone who listens and cares.

Because sometimes when it feels like nobody else is listening or believes you, it is healing to have someone who will.

Last edited:

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am glad i have this place and there are online sources.
it is too bad i dont really have anyone offline right now. it is hard to tell who will say i said something. some could have good intentions but its risky

basically i dont really know what to do other than live each day and do what is required of me

Last edited:

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll say this much.

Part of the reason for the falling out on one side of my family is a similar reason.

First time, I was sexually abused by a family member. Nothing happened. Detective didn't do anything. Made me felt like nobody cared.

Then as a teenager, a different family member was too important for anyone to do anything about. I got sent away instead.

The result of that was...

It didn't come out as really believed, I feel like, until it happened to someone else and then that may have been confirmation, but she had a harder time with the family because she actually talked about it.

But what REALLY hurt me was when he died, when the closest person in my life had his name tattooed. That really hurt me. Felt like betrayal to my young mind.

So I guess if I was in the victims shoes, @lilygrace , you should pray for this person, but what the person could need also is just someone who listens and cares.

Because sometimes when it feels like nobody else is listening or believes you, it is healing to have someone who will.
sorry this happened to you :( <3

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am glad i have this place and there are online sources.
it is too bad i dont really have anyone offline right now. it is hard to tell who will say i said something. some could have good intentions but its risky

You do what you have to do ... If that's all you can do right now, then just do that and hold on, life changes.

You have to be careful who you allow yourself to be vulnerable with. Sometimes wounded or hurting people feel too comfortable too early with someone they (for whatever reason) feel close to, and say too much, while others gossip or others run.

Even the Bible talks about it:

Psalm 38:10-11

My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes. My friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds; my neighbors stay far away.

It's wisdom I wish someone had given me-

“Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.”

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wholeheartedly agree, @FluffyYellowDuck . I think of this as, "We press on." That's what we do and it is by no means easy, nor does it get any easier to weather with time and experience.

Yes, it can be a hard thing. But we are surrounded by a cloud of witnesses, and those who walked before us endured all manner of evils under the sun... even to the shedding of their blood. The Lord is our example in all things, having numbered Himself among transgressors when He was both perfect and spotless in every way.

We are called upon to suffer even as He suffered, and this is that hard thing which leads us to a place where we empty ourselves... but this emptying is not in vain. The Lord's work in us is never wrought in vain. Why do we empty ourselves?

So we might be filled!

Why do we undergo trial and tribulation? So we might learn patience and through patience, endure. This is why I'm so greatly encouraged by the suffering of His saints, for by this we know that we are sons and daughters of God. The Lord deals with everyone whom He receives.

If I've learned anything at all through the hardness I've been called upon to endure, it's this: the blessing at the conclusion of the trial surpasses our understanding. I would also say to this woman, rejoice and be exceedingly glad! Rejoice when they speak evil of you, remembering how the accusers of our Lord treated Him.

You are to become like Christ. :)

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that could be part of the issue. the one person is praying because they believe its a false accusation and kind of hate the other person and see them as someone to deal with.
@lilygrace , I owe you a huge apology and I ask your forgiveness. For some reason I thought you were a third-party in this horrible scene. I didn't pick up on the fact that you were the victim herself. So much for being extra sensitive.

In my stepson's case, he never told anyone for 15 years because he knew he'd never be believed. Who would believe a 14-year-old boy with learning disabilities over the man who drove the church bus?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@lilygrace , I owe you a huge apology and I ask your forgiveness. For some reason I thought you were a third-party in this horrible scene. I didn't pick up on the fact that you were the victim herself. So much for being extra sensitive.

In my stepson's case, he never told anyone for 15 years because he knew he'd never be believed. Who would believe a 14-year-old boy with learning disabilities over the man who drove the church bus?
I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your stepson! That is so common, it should put all parents on alert. Even "Christians" shouldn't be trusted without confirmation from God they are safe with children. Always observe your children's behavior ....are they more fearful, quiet, or have anger outbursts, show anxiety when going around certain people? Those things can be mistaken as just a child acting up. I know, because it happened to me (with my child/ren) in the church we were in. And this all connected to the SRA/MK, as our pastor was also covertly a cult handler. I took my children out of that church and their school in 2007 on Mother's Day. Two years later, on the anniversary of our leaving.... Mother's Day, 2009 ....my children and I were abducted, drugged, and s.xually assaulted.

Anyway ....just saying, churches aren't always what they seem.

Btw .... it's wonderful to see your apology. Your sincerity is refreshing. I wanted to step up and say something when I saw your post about false accusations. But I wanted to respect @lilygrace's wishes as to whether she wanted to reveal anything more.

Blessings!

Reactions: lilygrace

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your stepson! That is so common, it should put all parents on alert. Even "Christians" shouldn't be trusted without confirmation from God they are safe with children. Always observe your children's behavior ....are they more fearful, quiet, or have anger outbursts, show anxiety when going around certain people? Those things can be mistaken as just a child acting up. I know, because it happened to me (with my child/ren) in the church we were in. And this all connected to the SRA/MK, as our pastor was also covertly a cult handler. I took my children out of that church and their school in 2007 on Mother's Day. Two years later, on the anniversary of our leaving.... Mother's Day, 2009 ....my children and I were abducted, drugged, and s.xually assaulted.

Anyway ....just saying, churches aren't always what they seem.

Btw .... it's wonderful to see your apology. Your sincerity is refreshing. I wanted to step up and say something when I saw your post about false accusations. But I wanted to respect @lilygrace's wishes as to whether she wanted to reveal anything more.

Blessings!
Thank you, AJ. You probably should've said something, because I screwed up and I know it.

Because our youngest has learning disabilities and lacks social skills, he was always (and still is) a little skittish, so we didn't notice anything really unusual in his behavior. I guess LD children make good victims. This S.O.B. was not a church member; he worked for the company we rented the bus from when a church outing had more people than we could fit in the church van. But as a consequence of this happening on a church-sponsored activity, our youngest says he cannot believe in a God who didn't protect him, and he doesn't want to hear about love and grace and mercy and forgiveness; he wants to talk about justice, Batman or Punisher style.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, AJ. You probably should've said something, because I screwed up and I know it.

Because our youngest has learning disabilities lacks social skills, he was always (and still is) a little skittish, so we didn't notice anything really unusual in his behavior. I guess LD children make good victims. This S.O.B. was not a church member; he worked for the company we rented the bus from when a church outing had more people than we could fit in the church van. But as a consequence of this happening on a church-sponsored activity, our youngest says he cannot believe in a God who didn't protect him, and he doesn't want to hear about love and grace and mercy forgiveness; he wants to talk about justice, Batman or Punisher style.
I understand the dilemma with faith where it concerns trauma and God. Some of my children struggled that way. I know God has them in His hands and is drawing them back. Two daughters (and their husbands) are strong believers, and my youngest son was as well ...he is with the Lord now. I have a son and a daughter who are away from the Lord. I pray for them and trust God will keep drawing them.

I'll be praying for your son.

Reactions: Lambano

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

thank you.
i am more used to people discrediting me to be more forward. i have played third party before sometimes andit is very interesting.....

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank you.
i am more used to people discrediting me to be more forward. i have played third party before sometimes andit is very interesting.....
@lilygrace in that case, I owe you an apology, as well. @Lambano seemed to pick up on it but I did not.

So I can be direct. I understand what you are going through.

You have people here who are more than willing to pray for you, so don't be afraid to ask.

And since you aren't the person that needs to listen, then when you are ready to don't be afraid to talk to someone - even if it is online. So what.

At least you get to get it out and be heard.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
youre apology is accepted. i was afraid to out myself.....so i guess i kind of deserve what i get

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
youre apology is accepted. i was afraid to out myself.....so i guess i kind of deserve what i get

It's okay, sis. It's just a normal misunderstanding. I picked up on it immediately because I know your situation, and have worked with others as well. I have learned to pick up how words are conveyed online and discern. But you didn't do anything wrong. Not at all. Now that others are clued in, they get it too. I hope you're doing well. I know this time of year isn't easy.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's okay, sis. It's just a normal misunderstanding. I picked up on it immediately because I know your situation, and have worked with others as well. I have learned to pick up how words are conveyed online and discern. But you didn't do anything wrong. Not at all. Now that others are clued in, they get it too. I hope you're doing well. I know this time of year isn't easy.
thank you

and thank you everyone.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am thinking of how i was told maybe i should leave....and i was wanted back.
i wanted it to work.
there were events that proved she resents me.... and yet spiritually she will testify in church how God changed her.
the two years since i have been back was an event that she was serving me extra food to act like i eat too much when i dont....

i was ill one time and she told me i could eat my vomit for lunch the next day if i do vomit.

she sometimes calls me his nickname for me that my friends think is sexual.

unless we are wrong.

she had taken me in an area that is known to be unsafe this was a little area that is known for some crime and drugs.. we rode bikes and i told her i thought that area was unsafe. she said "it will be fine" i ride with her cos i dont want anything to happen to my mother still.

then at one point men were in a truck and slowed down near me and a man rolled down his window and stuck his head out at me.

a friend thinks this was kind of a set up. i am not sure.

at work i was receiving unwanted attention one day and my mother said "was he at least cute?"

it was hurtful.... i coudl say more but i dont want to feed myself hate...bitterness. i really dont. she has even hidden a gift from him

i think she is jealous o fme...but its so twisted because i was hurting so much and she acts so loyal to him.

im not saying shes never did anything good for me. they have :/

im ungrateful and she will tell me so and what i need to do to get right with God.

this week she basically told me i should have never let my body get used to melatonin. maybe shes right about that but i am not in harm with substances as i was in the past.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
a woman confides in another family member that about sexual abuse.
this person is praying for a heart change in this relative that she will see the truth. she is praying for herself to know the truth as well.
the other woman is into spirituality as well. she is praying because she sees this woman as unforgiving, crazy and making it up. there have been reports by another relative that this cant be possible cos it didnt hapepn to them. the younger woman feels she is being resented .
God does not seem to be answering either of their prayers apparently.
why bother to pray for any of it for both of them?
This suggests that God is like a vending machine who automatically answers people's prayer the way they want. But God isn't like that. He receives our requests but doesn't guarantee specific answers to them. Instead, He gives each person who makes a request His peace that passes all understanding. Then they are in a position to trust God's sovereignty whether they receive the answer they expected or something else, but whatever God does in response to their prayer will be a blessing to them.