prayer for boredom issue

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why make God ultimately responsible for temptations? .....Ahhhh, the subtlety of the Devil! ....gets in your head and turns the view so that God cops the blame and has us on the back foot all the time. We need to wake up to his game!

I never said that God "tempted" us at all my Aussie bro. I said "...He KEEPS us from it by giving us a way out of sin, every time,"

He allowed Job to be sorely tested through "Satan's temptation", yes? He is the same God now and will and does "test" us by our reactions to life around us. Do we have His world view or the worlds?

How else to grow in faith if not tested through trials of many kinds?

Reactions: Lambano

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I never said that God "tempted" us at all my Aussie bro. I said "...He KEEPS us from it by giving us a way out of sin, every time,"

He allowed Job to be sorely tested through "Satan's temptation", yes? He is the same God now and will and does "test" us by our reactions to life around us. Do we have His world view or the worlds?

We grow in faith Nancy when we see he has our back at every turn.....even our bad ones

Reactions: Nancy

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men in the OT write from their perspective just as you do. As you know, the perspective you had 50 yrs ago is not necessarily the one you have today. No different to the Prophets.
Don't put me in the same category with the Prophets. I'm *not* a prophet!
Anyway, you are free to hold any perspective you want to. If you feel God is going to or is testing you, good luck, I hope you pass whatever test. For me, my security is not dependent on failing or passing anybody's test. I've learn't that God's love for me doesn't make me jump through hoops.....men do that.
It's not "luck," brother. It's God's word. You have yet to answer the quotes I gave you? Here's more...

Gen 22.1 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied.
Rom 16.10 Greet Apelles, whose fidelity to Christ has stood the test. Greet those who belong to the household of Aristobulus.
2 Cor 2.9 Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything.
1 Thes 2.4 On the contrary, we speak as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please people but God, who tests our hearts.

An aside.....do you make your children jump through hoops? test them? and if they fail, what do you do then? disown them?

Because we have these illustrious records of Joseph and Daniel, do we suppose they never sinned/failed? The record tells us Daniel was confessing his sin when the angel visited. Do you think Joseph could have been a bit presumptuous rocking up at his brothers with his fancy coat on......adding to the already dim view they had of him?
Who said being born a sinner disqualifies one from being used of God and from being faithful to His calling? Are you saying we can't trust the Scriptures because they were written by men? And are you saying the men called of God to be leaders in the Church are no more qualified to do what they were called to do than us, who do not have their calling?
David was for lack a better expression a scoundrel.....he steals someone else's wife because he gets the hots for her, has her husband killed to get him out of the way as well as killing thousands of other men, yet God calls him a man after his own heart.
I don't know why you treat great men of God with such contempt, in such an undignified way? David can hardly be characerized by his failure. Rather, God characterized him by how he normally and regularly acted, as a man after God's own heart!
We need God's perspective on how these things work not our own punny navel gazing.

The challenges we are faced with are for our growth in understanding. I doubt it's to gain brownie points with God.
Your words betray a real lack of respect. I hope this is atypical of you?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't put me in the same category with the Prophets. I'm *not* a prophet!

It's not "luck," brother. It's God's word. You have yet to answer the quotes I gave you? Here's more...

Gen 22.1 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied.
Rom 16.10 Greet Apelles, whose fidelity to Christ has stood the test. Greet those who belong to the household of Aristobulus.
2 Cor 2.9 Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything.
1 Thes 2.4 On the contrary, we speak as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please people but God, who tests our hearts.

Who said being born a sinner disqualifies one from being used of God and from being faithful to His calling? Are you saying we can't trust the Scriptures because they were written by men? And are you saying the men called of God to be leaders in the Church are no more qualified to do what they were called to do than us, who do not have their calling?

I don't know why you treat great men of God with such contempt, in such an undignified way? David can hardly be characerized by his failure. Rather, God characterized him by how he normally and regularly acted, as a man after God's own heart!

Your words betray a real lack of respect. I hope this is atypical of you?
I'm sorry Randy, however you're just not hearing what I'm trying to communicate.
When Jesus repeatedly said 'if you have ears to hear then hear' I imagine he was up against the same problem. :)

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry Randy, however you're just not hearing what I'm trying to communicate.
When Jesus repeatedly said 'if you have ears to hear then hear' I imagine he was up against the same problem. :)
I wouldn't confuse being able to "understand you" with "agreeing with you." I may perfectly well understand what you're saying, but not agree with you. But it is possible there are elements in what you're saying that I would agree with--I'm just trying to get you to deal with one thing at a time.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I haven't read the discussions here yet but I'll try to get to them. Thanks for any prayers. Currently I'm listening to all-day beautiful Christ-mas music too and I'm looking into doing Zumba exercise from home since my Chrome book is attached to my tv but I need motivation to work the Chrome book that's attached to the tv, I'm just not used to opening it and operating it but if I want a better experience I'll just have to get it done and then I will feel the reward. I still get bored but I hope God will fill in the gap. In the meantime I have to buckle up and wait... :(

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't read the discussions here yet but I'll try to get to them. Thanks for any prayers. Currently I'm listening to all-day beautiful Christ-mas music too and I'm looking into doing Zumba exercise from home since my Chrome book is attached to my tv but I need motivation to work the Chrome book that's attached to the tv, I'm just not used to opening it and operating it but if I want a better experience I'll just have to get it done and then I will feel the reward. I still get bored but I hope God will fill in the gap. In the meantime I have to buckle up and wait... :(
Oh my sister, boredom has become my life anymore, I so feel for you. I will pray right now that you will have the motivation and be blessed with a good outcome! Boredom in us Christians makes Satan think he has a playground, and sometimes, he does! I also pray that you will be protected from any negative thoughts and doubts that Satan will whisper in your mind. AND, the He would open a door wide for you!
xo

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh my sister, boredom has become my life anymore, I so feel for you. I will pray right now that you will have the motivation and be blessed with a good outcome! Boredom in us Christians makes Satan think he has a playground, and sometimes, he does! I also pray that you will be protected from any negative thoughts and doubts that Satan will whisper in your mind. AND, the He would open a door wide for you!
xo
Thank you so much Nancy! So boredom isn't a part of your life anymore? If so, that's great to hear! Thanks so much for your prayer! xo

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you so much Nancy! So boredom isn't a part of your life anymore? If so, that's great to hear! Thanks so much for your prayer! xo
Oh I wish! No, still bored most days. The days are just too long anymore. Still hoping, praying and waiting on God to direct me so as to get on with some semblance of LIFE! I do dislike that we all have to live so far from one another :( Always wanted to meet so many on here in person. Oh well, we will just have to wait for that!
xx

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh I wish! No, still bored most days. The days are just too long anymore. Still hoping, praying and waiting on God to direct me so as to get on with some semblance of LIFE! I do dislike that we all have to live so far from one another :( Always wanted to meet so many on here in person. Oh well, we will just have to wait for that!
xx
Is it possible Nancy that God is directing you yet you're just not hearing him because of a paradigm issue?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you're on to something here, Nancy. God already knows, but trials and temptations show US where we are lacking (and need to ask for help) - or where we are stronger than we thought we were.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all, I really wanted prayers for my boredom issue. Almost everyday I'm bored. My mom works and my sister and her husband are elsewhere in town and I don't have the motivation or feel safe going there to visit and she has a lot of things to do at home that she can do so I stay home and sleep and after wake up and do exercise from home and wash the dishes but I don't have other things I enjoy doing or that I know of or that I'm motivated enough to do for the whole day so I'm bored. Ever since I was on one of my psychiatric medications I've been unmotivated and sleeping a lot. I'm trying to withdraw from it bc something else natural helped me so I don't think I need that medication at all but it will take about 2 years to finish withdrawing from it and I want to end the boredom issue now, not wait until 2 years later so I feel stuck around this circle of things. Thanks for any prayers!
Hey, "When the pain" (of boredom) "exceeds the payback" (of lack of motivation), "creative change can occur".

Meaning, when you get bored enough, you'll try new stuff. Anything. Just choose wisely, okay?

(The quote is from the author of some book by a Christian psychiatrist that my brother out in Colorado sent me. I couldn't get through the book (and why in the world did my brother think I'd find it helpful?), but that quote has stuck with me.)

But you asked for prayer, not advice. Prayer it is.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
50 yrs. I think it is Christian tradition that says God tests us. I think it is the Devil who is the accuser who throws our shortcomings (perceived or no) into our face, then makes us think it is God doing it for whatever reason, one being, to test us.

Sure we will have tests but doubt it's God.
God allows tests to prove us . As it is written in quite a few places .
Tis the righteous judgment of GOD that ye may be counted worthy of the Kingdom of GOD for which ye shall suffer .
JESUS even told peter that satan was going to be allowed to sift him as wheat .
GOD allows , but know this , whatever GOD allows to come against us , HE is doing so for the good of the lambs
who love Him . Now no present chastening might feel good at the time , but just know it is working patience into our lives .
Let patience have her perfect work .
Did GOD not test abraham . He will test us all . But fear not , HE IS with the lambs .
it is impossible but that offences do come . THEY are gonna come , but be of good cheer
FOR JESUS has overcome the world and our faith in HIM has overcome the world .
Notice when paul says ITS THE RIGHTEOUS Judgement of GOD . Paul wrote this to the church of thessolonica .
HE also reminds them about the RIGHTEOUS judmgent o GOD which will come against those
who persecute us and the REST we shall have on the DAY OF THE GLORIOUS KING .
Many are the afflictions of the righteous , but out of them all the LORD does deliver us .
Whatever GOD allows He does so for our own good .
Temptations , now those come from our own flesh . GOD does not tempt us , that is all on the flesh .
But even then HE gives us a way out of every temptation . HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST .
We have all we need IN THE GLORIOUS LORD .