Prayer for strength and peace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello my friends,
For the last 4 or so months, there has been something changed with my Barretts, my voice has changed to a lower pitch and sometimes comes out uneven. I can't easily clear my lungs either in the morning. This, if it's what I think it is would be a reap/sow type situation. I suppose I should have called the Dr. back then but, just didn't care really. I know, not the correct attitude.
So, I ask my brothers and sisters on here to pray God's will, and that I would have time to get things in order in case He is calling me home.
I do not fear death if this is where it will lead. I've asked God to please let my two remaining beloved dogs be taken well care of. And, that my nieces and nephews would be drawn to Jesus.
I have an endoscopy in May and an appointment for my GP the 20th of this month, my GP will most likely order a chest x ray.
Thanks in advance my brothers and sisters!
xoxoxo
Nancy I am praying. God is good, He is sovereign and you are in His loving arms. May he keep you covered, may he keep you content and may you know His comfort and strength as well as the peace that transcends understanding.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, my GP appt. was moved to tomorrow as I could not get in for my bloodwork...I made the appointment for Quest and chose the wrong location...DUH! Maybe my doc can get me in sooner to Gastro! Thank you all for your prayers! :pray::shine:
Nancy, how did the doctor's appointment come out?

:pray:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy, how did the doctor's appointment come out?

:pray:
A med change for GERD, just mostly routine. I'm on a waiting list to see if I can get into the Endoscopy center sooner, someone might cancel. Thank you for thinking of me and praying too my beloved brother! It's all in God's hands and, who other than His hands would I put anything at all?? Amen and God love you bro, and so do I.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nancy, you are IN Christ so therefore anything that is in YOU is also in Christ.

• Love

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, Pearl! And how is your grandbaby doing today?
My son says she is fully recovered no but he still can't see her as their other little girl has chicken pox and is living with him just now. Rachel said that the new baby was 'good' and quiet before the diagnosis but that must have been because she was poorly. Now she is more demanding! Which is good. I don't know when we'll get to see her again.

• Love

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My son says she is fully recovered no but he still can't see her as their other little girl has chicken pox and is living with him just now. Rachel said that the new baby was 'good' and quiet before the diagnosis but that must have been because she was poorly. Now she is more demanding! Which is good. I don't know when we'll get to see her again.
Oh, I'm sure it is hard for you to keep away from them both. Do you face time with them? One of my nephews and his wife have one year old twins (they WILL and do have their hands full, lol...they are identical!) They face time all the time. They are in Tenn. and my sister gets there like once a year on the girl's birthdays.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, I'm sure it is hard for you to keep away from them both. Do you face time with them? One of my nephews and his wife have one year old twins (they WILL and do have their hands full, lol...they are identical!) They face time all the time. They are in Tenn. and my sister gets there like once a year on the girl's birthdays.
They live quite near us but because Gareth and Rachel are estranged we only get to see the baby if she brings her here. She banned Gareth from having access to the other little girl sho is now six and that went through the courts. She is not nice person so we hope and pray.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pox runs through children . I never got the chicken pox as a child .
None of my brothers did either .
But as an adult my brother got it and due to i live with him i got it too .
Its worse as an adult . But , THE LORD is with the lambs . We will continue in prayer dear sister .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Identical twins . that will be a handful all right . If they have any difficulties and need help , ask them to call my mother .
That poor lady had to raise IDENTICAL TRIPLETS . THREE . imagine three boys . just imagine . i am so suprised
my mama didnt have snow white hair at thirty . Funny thing is she still has hardly any white in her hair at seventy seven .
GUESS we boys made her tough. LOL .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Identical twins . that will be a handful all right . If they have any difficulties and need help , ask them to call my mother .
That poor lady had to raise IDENTICAL TRIPLETS . THREE . imagine three boys . just imagine . i am so suprised
my mama didnt have snow white hair at thirty . Funny thing is she still has hardly any white in her hair at seventy seven .
GUESS we boys made her tough. LOL .
3 of you!!! Oh my word!!! Yeah, you're mom had to have some real longsuffering and patience!! I bet the three of you played some practical jokes as kids, lol.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A med change for GERD, just mostly routine. I'm on a waiting list to see if I can get into the Endoscopy center sooner, someone might cancel. Thank you for thinking of me and praying too my beloved brother! It's all in God's hands and, who other than His hands would I put anything at all?? Amen and God love you bro, and so do I.
I hate that you are sick.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate that you are sick.
Thank you brother...how kind to say. There is no fear here, zero actually. I have Jesus as my comforter, and all of you to lift me up, and you DO.
Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning :)
God bless and keep you in His hands!

Reactions: Pearl

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my friends,
For the last 4 or so months, there has been something changed with my Barretts, my voice has changed to a lower pitch and sometimes comes out uneven. I can't easily clear my lungs either in the morning. This, if it's what I think it is would be a reap/sow type situation. I suppose I should have called the Dr. back then but, just didn't care really. I know, not the correct attitude.
So, I ask my brothers and sisters on here to pray God's will, and that I would have time to get things in order in case He is calling me home.
I do not fear death if this is where it will lead. I've asked God to please let my two remaining beloved dogs be taken well care of. And, that my nieces and nephews would be drawn to Jesus.
I have an endoscopy in May and an appointment for my GP the 20th of this month, my GP will most likely order a chest x ray.
Thanks in advance my brothers and sisters!
xoxoxo
Nancy, how did I miss this?!?! You have always been so caring and there when I have needed prayer or comfort…or to talk. I’m so sad reading this. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Your strength is admirable; like an elder sister. ❤️

I am looking up Barretts now…I don’t know what it is?

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy, how did I miss this?!?! You have always been so caring and there when I have needed prayer or comfort…or to talk. I’m so sad reading this. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Your strength is admirable; like an elder sister. ❤️

I am looking up Barretts now…I don’t know what it is?
Oh sweet sister, do not be sad for me! I've not gotten a conclusive diagnosis yet in any case. Will find out in May for sure unless they have a cancelation beforehand. Thank you for caring!
Just glad I'm on my way out rather than just coming into this world! Amen. I will keep all updated for sure!
Thanks Vic!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do mean by not knowing if God is calling you home? Do you think you have throat or lung cancer? Aw, Nancy...
Well, I don't think throat cancer but, never know. My guess would be esophageal issues. I've had Barrett's syndrome for a lot of years and GERD for even longer. I do not and will not know anything for sure until May, unless a cancelation comes along.
Thank you for the concern TLP! Yer a dolly!
If The Lord is in it, I am happy that His will be done, amen!