Prayer for Warren Needed!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas

Recently there have been attempts to discredit some of my posts concerning the one world church and Rick Warren. Some believe me deluded but the truth is we need to pray for the influence of the holy Spirit in his life and the lives of ¨his¨ followers.

EXPOSED! Rick Warren Admits Membership In New World Order Group CFR

Rick Warren admits membership in good standing in Council on Foreign Relations – CFR
WASHINGTON – Rick Warren, the superstar mega-church pastor and bestselling author of ”The Purpose Driven Life,” had a Damascus Road experience last week – and like Saul of Tarsus, one of the after-effects appears to be blindness.

Rick Warren - Member in good standing in CFR

Warren went to Syria and could find no persecution of Christians. He could find no persecution of Jews. He could find no evidence of extremism. He could find no evidence of the sponsorship of terrorism.
Despite the temporary loss of vision that prevented him from seeing any evil in the totalitarian police state, Warren’s hearing was apparently not affected – for his ears were tickled by what he heard and apparently accepted lock, stock and barrel from the second-generation dictator, Bashar Assad, and his state-approved mufti.
But that’s not the story Warren is telling – at least not in the official press releases he is sending out from Rwanda in response to my confrontations with him last week in which I accused him of betraying his own country in a hostile foreign land and of being a propaganda tool of the Islamo-fascist regime in Damascus.
In fact, after I called him out last week in my column, Warren e-mailed me claiming to have been misquoted by the official Syrian news agency.
”Joseph, why didn’t you contact me first and discover the fact that I said nothing of the sort?” he pleaded. ”The trip was a favor to my next door neighbor, had nothing to do with policy, and was done with the State Department’s knowledge – who told us to expect exactly what Syria did – a PR blast. I don’t pretend to be a diplomat. I’m a pastor who just gets invited places.”
I pointed out to Warren that WND had indeed attempted to contact him about his trip. No one from his Saddleback Church ever returned our calls the day the story broke.
”I’m sure since you were warned in advance by the State Department that you took the precaution of recording your own words,” I suggested in my response. ”We look forward to seeing the transcripts or hearing the recordings.”
I also asked if he could respond specifically to the words put in his mouth by the Syrian news agency. And lastly I suggested that he should have ”counseled with me, or other people knowledgeable about the Middle East before doing so much damage with your reckless trip.”
I really didn’t expect to hear back from Warren – but, a few minutes later, I did, with an absolutely stunning retort.
He let me know he is a close friend of President Bush ”and many, if not most, of the generals at the Pentagon.” He also told me he did not tape anything while in Syria, ”because it was a courtesy call, like I do in every country.” Warren explained that he had also counseled with the National Security Council and the White House, as well as the State Department, before his little courtesy call for a neighbor.
”In fact,” Warren added, ”as a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and Oxford Analytica, I might know as much about the Middle East as you.”​
He continued: ”I hope you’ll not choose to believe Syrian propaganda even though, as you pointed out at the start of your article, you’ve been wanting to criticize me for some time. In spite of your rush to judgment, I think you write great, insightful columns. You are almost batting 1,000.”
No sooner had I received this surprising response from Warren, I also got an e-mail providing a link to a YouTube video of Rick Warren in Syria explaining how great the Assad regime treats Christians and Jews and how Damascus ”does not permit extremism of any kind.”
Not one to let lies go unchallenged, I wrote back to Warren with a link to the YouTube video: ”If you didn’t tape anything, what’s this? Do you really believe Syria does not allow extremism of any kind? There are more terrorist organizations based in Syria than anywhere else in the world!”
It might be that Rick Warren, deep in the bush of Rwanda, never received those last questions, because he never responded – at least not in the last three days.
He did, however, within minutes make sure the YouTube video he recorded independent of his meetings with the Syrian brown shirts was removed from the network. Vanished. Kaput. Sterilized. Cleansed. Stay tuned for more on Rick Warren’s ”Agenda-Driven Life” in the coming days – sponsored, of course, by the Council on Foreign Relations. source – Joseph Farah/WND
Click here to read about Rick Warren and the birth of Chrislam​

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Hey Taylor. I honestly don't know much of Warren. I have read his 'purpose driven life' and found it to be good, but that's pretty much it.
The only thing I would have to say on the article you just posted, is that it seems to me to be a 'he said, she said' kind of deal. I'm not criticising you or the person who wrote this...you may both be correct. But I have found that it is simply not wise to accept something as truth just because someone says it is so. At face value the only thing we can accept as 100% true is God's word.
So as you say, it certainly cannot hurt to pray for Warren, no matter where he is spiritually at the moment, but I still cannot leap to a conclusion on him based only on the opinion of another equally fallible person, sorry. Hope that makes sense!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is some background on the author of the OP article:

Joseph Farah worked for six years as executive news editor at the Los Angeles Herald Examiner.[sup][4][/sup] On July 22, 1990, Farah became editor of the Sacramento Union. The paper had been losing up to $3 million annually, and in early 1990 it was acquired by Daniel Benvenuti, Jr., and David Kassis from Richard Mellon Scaife.[sup][5][/sup]

Farah and the paper's owners envisioned the paper as a conservative alternative to the Sacramento Bee.[sup][6][/sup] "We just thought the way to go was to be unabashedly conservative in our approach," explained Farah to the Washington Post.[sup][6][/sup] Among other things, Farah convinced Rush Limbaugh to write a daily column, which ran on "Page 1."[sup][4][/sup]

In 1991, Farah left the Union and co-founded the Western Journalism Center.[sup][7][/sup] He launched the online WorldNetDaily in 1997.[sup][8][/sup] Farah received the Washington Times Foundation National Service Award, in 1996.[sup][3][/sup]

Farah is among those who have promulgated conspiracy theories questioning Barack Obama's status as a natural born citizen of the United States and resultant eligibility to serve as U.S. President,[sup][9][/sup][sup][10][/sup] stating, "It'll plague Obama throughout his presidency. It'll be a nagging issue and a sore on his administration, much like Monica Lewinsky was on Bill Clinton's presidency," and, "It's not going to go away, and it will drive a wedge in an already divided public."[sup][11][/sup] Despite the release of Obama's notarized birth certificate abstract,[sup][12][/sup] Farah demanded that Obama release his "long-form" birth certificate, which was subsequently posted on the White House's web site on April 27, 2011.[sup][13][/sup][sup][14][/sup][sup][15][/sup]Farah had previously pledged $15,000 to the hospital where Obama was born upon the release of said document.[sup][16][/sup][sup][17][/sup]

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
Hey Taylor. I honestly don't know much of Warren. I have read his 'purpose driven life' and found it to be good, but that's pretty much it.
The only thing I would have to say on the article you just posted, is that it seems to me to be a 'he said, she said' kind of deal. I'm not criticising you or the person who wrote this...you may both be correct. But I have found that it is simply not wise to accept something as truth just because someone says it is so. At face value the only thing we can accept as 100% true is God's word.
So as you say, it certainly cannot hurt to pray for Warren, no matter where he is spiritually at the moment, but I still cannot leap to a conclusion on him based only on the opinion of another equally fallible person, sorry. Hope that makes sense!
Youŕe not upsetting me Rach, k? But since ´02 I have seen two pastors end their ministries for God because of the guidance of Rickś book, The Purpose Driven Church, and they both split a Church right down the middle and one of them Drove youth out of the Church because they did not fit the ideal established by Rickś writings. I am still friends with one and the other will have no part of it.

Because of this I went on alert and began to research. I am not one to do other people´s homework and I do not spend my time recording sources to prove my point and there-by be counted among the Super-Christians. I am a Bible Teacher and nothing more. The things, Rick Warren quotes, from the Radio, the TV and the net, send Red Flags, just, a flying! Will I now go dig up some links? I am here to warn, not sling mud, so no, you are free to do so or to not, as you may choose, youĺl get comments from me, not argument. I do my, personal, best to be Christ-like!

there are a couple of ?American? proverbs taught by my Atheist Dad that I adhere to. If there is smoke, it is likely that there is a fire, making it worthy of investigation. The other is more common, if it walks like a Duck, talks like a duck and acts like a Duck, it´s usually a Duck. You seem to be very nice and I pray that you and others will spend time checking Rick out. He has been written up in Charisma and has been on Larry King, among others.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Youŕe not upsetting me Rach, k? But since ´02 I have seen two pastors end their ministries for God because of the guidance of Rickś book, The Purpose Driven Church, and they both split a Church right down the middle and one of them Drove youth out of the Church because they did not fit the ideal established by Rickś writings. I am still friends with one and the other will have no part of it.

Because of this I went on alert and began to research. I am not one to do other people´s homework and I do not spend my time recording sources to prove my point and there-by be counted among the Super-Christians. I am a Bible Teacher and nothing more. The things, Rick Warren quotes, from the Radio, the TV and the net, send Red Flags, just, a flying! Will I now go dig up some links? I am here to warn, not sling mud, so no, you are free to do so or to not, as you may choose, youĺl get comments from me, not argument. I do my, personal, best to be Christ-like!

there are a couple of ?American? proverbs taught by my Atheist Dad that I adhere to. If there is smoke, it is likely that there is a fire, making it worthy of investigation. The other is more common, if it walks like a Duck, talks like a duck and acts like a Duck, it´s usually a Duck. You seem to be very nice and I pray that you and others will spend time checking Rick out. He has been written up in Charisma and has been on Larry King, among others.

It's certainly hard to know what to think sometimes! I do agree with you, many, many 'leaders' in the Christian community come dangerously close to being wolves, and if they're not that then they seem to be there entirely for there own self interests.
My problem is this: how can you really know? If you do an internet search on the person you are always able to find both pro and con towards someone! And sadly many 'pastors' still teach straight from scripture...they just don't live it.
I think in this example I might take Paul's advice....It may be the Warren's motivations aren't pure and Godly, but if I read his book with the only intention of becoming closer to God, I should be okay...the Holy Spirit should guide me through it.
I suppose the real concern and prayer here is that others who read his books do the same and not be led into sin by it. But of course it doesn't take a book to do that, people will find almost any excuse. I know of a church that was divided after reading a book to find out what their 'spiritual gifts' were. None of them were happy with 'what they got' and wanted another persons gifts...how stupid and saddening.
Anyway, I think my point is this...books, especially ones written by people, should always just be a guiding tool, yeah? And not something we use to make church or personal policy....that should always only be the bible!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rick Warren has his place in the Christian Body. I think we are hard on our leaders and we tend to expect them to know all the answers to every subject. Warren certainly has his faults and areas of theology and political involvement where he is in over his head, but he is sincere and has been a good Christian leader in other areas. I think we need to support him in the areas he is good in. None of us are experts in all areas of theology and life, and thankfully we are not famous and required to comment on all subjects.

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
Rick Warren has his place in the Christian Body. I think we are hard on our leaders and we tend to expect them to know all the answers to every subject. Warren certainly has his faults and areas of theology and political involvement where he is in over his head, but he is sincere and has been a good Christian leader in other areas. I think we need to support him in the areas he is good in. None of us are experts in all areas of theology and life, and thankfully we are not famous and required to comment on all subjects.

I hope you´ve had as good a Sunday Worship Service as I and mine did.

My problem with the Benny Hinns and Rick Warrens is not centered on their books, their books, rather, are more an expression of my problem with them. With the B. H. type it is easy to see up front, they spend large portions of their services telling us why we will be blessed for sending them money. In the case of Rick, his books seem to remove one´s attention from God´s mission to align us with their mission.

I refuse to rely on the Internet and other media sources to make my judgments, they are to easily bent with opinion. One great esception to this is Rick´s appearance on King´s late night show for an interview by him. And when he refused to nail it down that there is one way to Heaven and none other a red flag just soared to the top of my vision. After that I began to look closer and using my Dad´s favorite proverb, Ẅhere you see smoke, there is a fire,¨ I was alarmed. I have come across instances where Rick is quoted as being in favor of all men worshiping together in one assembly and immediately I see the One World Church and I never see or hear him trying to dispel that image and it seems to be spreading.

The Wolves have always been in sheep´s clothing but are they6 becoming more crafty?

Sigourney welborn

Feb 28, 2011
Southern U.S.
I hope you´ve had as good a Sunday Worship Service as I and mine did.

My problem with the Benny Hinns and Rick Warrens is not centered on their books, their books, rather, are more an expression of my problem with them. With the B. H. type it is easy to see up front, they spend large portions of their services telling us why we will be blessed for sending them money. In the case of Rick, his books seem to remove one´s attention from God´s mission to align us with their mission.

I refuse to rely on the Internet and other media sources to make my judgments, they are to easily bent with opinion. One great esception to this is Rick´s appearance on King´s late night show for an interview by him. And when he refused to nail it down that there is one way to Heaven and none other a red flag just soared to the top of my vision. After that I began to look closer and using my Dad´s favorite proverb, Ẅhere you see smoke, there is a fire,¨ I was alarmed. I have come across instances where Rick is quoted as being in favor of all men worshiping together in one assembly and immediately I see the One World Church and I never see or hear him trying to dispel that image and it seems to be spreading.

The Wolves have always been in sheep´s clothing but are they6 becoming more crafty?

Rick Warren is preaching a different gospel from the one in scripture, Jesus said " I am the way the truth and the life, NO man comes to the Father but by Me". Christianity is exclusive of other religions bacause of this, there can be no worshipping together with any other religion and this is what Rick Warren is promoting, I also watched the Larry King interview, and have saw other interviews, feelgood christianity will not save a person from hell, but it can sure give a false sense of security, and there lies the deception.

Reactions: Angelina

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Rick Warren is preaching a different gospel from the one in scripture, Jesus said " I am the way the truth and the life, NO man comes to the Father but by Me". Christianity is exclusive of other religions bacause of this, there can be no worshipping together with any other religion and this is what Rick Warren is promoting, I also watched the Larry King interview, and have saw other interviews, feelgood christianity will not save a person from hell, but it can sure give a false sense of security, and there lies the deception.

Hey Sigourney! Welcome...love your pic...a Samoyed yeah? My sister had one...such beautiful dogs!
Yeah, it drives me nuts when so called "pastors" can't just say that Jesus is the only way to the Father. They obviously know it, but are just afraid to be seen as 'unfeeling towards other faiths'...hence the uhming and arhing. When it comes down to it, who cares what other faiths think...we should only care what God thinks...and we know what He thinks...He told us!
If Rick Warren is truly more concerned about being PC than being true to God, then he is a fool. But the caution I would make is this...one bad interview that could be the result of anything: nerves, pressure, the way the question was worded...anything...should not make or break this persons reputation. It may be accurate, but it's too hard to know...we all stuff up at times yeah? Even in the really important things.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, it seems to me that Rick Warren is a typical Southern Baptist that happens to see the value in a social gospel along with a strong belief in the Bible. Because he cares about the environment and speaks to Democrats - many conservative Christians have attacked him. I am definitely more politically liberal than Warren and my Christianity is orthodox.

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
You know, it seems to me that Rick Warren is a typical Southern Baptist that happens to see the value in a social gospel along with a strong belief in the Bible. Because he cares about the environment and speaks to Democrats - many conservative Christians have attacked him. I am definitely more politically liberal than Warren and my Christianity is orthodox.

WOW! I am almost at a loss for a response. You can be a died in the wool liberal American but Christianity is not possible for a person that drags their liberal politics with them! Christianity is not even Democratic, not the party, the ideology. Christianity is a theocracy and the King commands what He requires and the Christian obeys!

And I am very aware of these Social Gospels that are being taught, they tickle the ears of the many! They are, every one of them, a lie! First off, Christianity is not a religion God started, period! God began a relationship that the people in Antioc called Christian, meaning Little Christ, and was very much meant to be an insult. The Gospels are very divisive, as taught by the Savior, and will never be all inclusive! It is not a Country Club, limited to just a few, all are welcome but if anyone refuses any of the requirements, the relationship is not extended!

In the third chapter of Malachi it is recorded by the Prophet that God never changes. Now, I am a Southern Baptist and this next is going to sound like a Calvinist Baptist, but I am not, Iḿ a Biblicist and the Bible states, very clearly, that God has recorded the names of the Saved, Obedient Believers, in His Book of Life before He created the Universe. That precludes any and all so called Social Gospels abd with nothing more than a cursory read of the Scriptures it is easily and clearly seen that the disobedient are entering into the Wide Gate that leads to destruction, they are going to Hell to await the Great White throne Judgment.

You see, God, simply put, will not accept your position.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW! I am almost at a loss for a response. You can be a died in the wool liberal American but Christianity is not possible for a person that drags their liberal politics with them! Christianity is not even Democratic, not the party, the ideology. Christianity is a theocracy and the King commands what He requires and the Christian obeys!

And I am very aware of these Social Gospels that are being taught, they tickle the ears of the many! They are, every one of them, a lie! First off, Christianity is not a religion God started, period! God began a relationship that the people in Antioc called Christian, meaning Little Christ, and was very much meant to be an insult. The Gospels are very divisive, as taught by the Savior, and will never be all inclusive! It is not a Country Club, limited to just a few, all are welcome but if anyone refuses any of the requirements, the relationship is not extended!

In the third chapter of Malachi it is recorded by the Prophet that God never changes. Now, I am a Southern Baptist and this next is going to sound like a Calvinist Baptist, but I am not, Iḿ a Biblicist and the Bible states, very clearly, that God has recorded the names of the Saved, Obedient Believers, in His Book of Life before He created the Universe. That precludes any and all so called Social Gospels abd with nothing more than a cursory read of the Scriptures it is easily and clearly seen that the disobedient are entering into the Wide Gate that leads to destruction, they are going to Hell to await the Great White throne Judgment.

You see, God, simply put, will not accept your position.

I didn't follow much of your post.....I will re-read it, but in the meantime I am not sure what you have against the social gospel?

Loving God and loving your neighbor through service, based on the realization that God loves us, is the social gospel and it is what Christ commands from us.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I didn't follow much of your post.....I will re-read it, but in the meantime I am not sure what you have against the social gospel?

Loving God and loving your neighbor through service, based on the realization that God loves us, is the social gospel and it is what Christ commands from us.

I'm not sure if I'm right...but the problem I'm seeing here is a difference in terminology....
What you're talking about Aspen, is taking the wonder of the gospel to the people...showing them the love of God and the change within us through love and work...
I think what Taylor is talking about, when he says 'social gospel', is what some people do to the gospel to make it 'palatable' to the sinful masses...which usually means compromising the truth in a big way.

Hope that helps...hope I'm not reading it totally wrong!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I'm right...but the problem I'm seeing here is a difference in terminology....
What you're talking about Aspen, is taking the wonder of the gospel to the people...showing them the love of God and the change within us through love and work...
I think what Taylor is talking about, when he says 'social gospel', is what some people do to the gospel to make it 'palatable' to the sinful masses...which usually means compromising the truth in a big way.

You understand my pov......thanks for the clarification......not sure if you got taylor's pov, but I do see your point.

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas

In the world of Bible Teachers the Social Gospel is a lie and the truth of the Gospel is harsh and it is divisive, that is exactly what I refered to Rach.

You understand my pov......thanks for the clarification......not sure if you got taylor's pov, but I do see your point.

If that is what you meant we were talking apples and oranges then. The PC Social Gospel is a flat lie and I always turn on it.