Prayer for wholeness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
15There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man. 16If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!” Mark 7:15-16

Reactions: Lambano

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Prayer for wholeness​

is the prayer of any and all who have an acute awareness of their deficits.

But first they have to acknowledge their definitizes and short comings before God and be prepared to repent all before Him.

Shalom

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But first they have to acknowledge their definitizes and short comings before God and be prepared to repent all before Him.

Shalom
I wonder where the thief dying beside Jesus stood on that matter?
Zacchaeus was up a tree, the woman of Nain's Son was dead and the paralysed man let down through the roof said nothing yet Grace blessed all three.

I think of the 5000 men plus and probably as many if not more women and children Jesus fed with two fish and five barley loaves.....they probably even filled their gunny sacks before going home.....none of them asked him for the Grace he lavished on them or again, the unexpected generosity at the wedding where he turned on at least 150 gallons of premium wine.

Ahhhh, the hoops we make people jump through in our perceived piety when in fact they become stumbling blocks to Grace.

Reactions: Lambano

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Prayer for wholeness​

is the prayer of any and all who have an acute awareness of their deficits.

Shalom
I think both statements come under "blessed are the poor in Spirit"....which means those who know they have need of God. A knowing which is deep within us....not of a prideful nature, but a humble heart.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wonder where the thief dying beside Jesus stood on that matter?
Zacchaeus was up a tree, the woman of Nain's Son was dead and the paralysed man let down through the roof said nothing yet Grace blessed all three.

I think of the 5000 men plus and probably as many if not more women and children Jesus fed with two fish and five barley loaves.....they probably even filled their gunny sacks before going home.....none of them asked him for the Grace he lavished on them or again, the unexpected generosity at the wedding where he turned on at least 150 gallons of premium wine.

Ahhhh, the hoops we make people jump through in our perceived piety when in fact they become stumbling blocks to Grace.

My focus was on wholeness, not on healing or feeding etc.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think both statements come under "blessed are the poor in Spirit"....which means those who know they have need of God. A knowing which is deep within us....not of a prideful nature, but a humble heart.

Sorry, I did not dot all of the "t" or cross all of the "i" in what I posted. Unless we are prepared to repent, then wholeness is not on our agenda.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whats amazing is that word “poor” is not poor, as in I am poor. But I can still survive

that word literally means to become bankrupt. Unable to survive totally dependent on someone else.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whats amazing is that word “poor” is not poor, as in I am poor. But I can still survive

that word literally means to become bankrupt. Unable to survive totally dependent on someone else.
Kind of reminds me of the words in the old hymn..."nothing in my hands I bring, simply to the cross I cling."

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My focus was on wholeness, not on healing or feeding etc.
mine was on the generosity of Jesus, he forgives before we ask. Wholeness is what he desires in us more than we do. A prayer for wholeness has no prerequisites.

Reactions: friend of

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
mine was on the generosity of Jesus, he forgives before we ask. Wholeness is what he desires in us more than we do. A prayer for wholeness has no prerequisites.

But we need to ask before we receive. A prayer for wholeness does have a whole lot of prerequisites in its achievement in that we have to renew our mind and then put on the refurbished personhood that God has desired for us from the beginning of time before we can be considered as having approached some form of wholeness. It will always be a work in progress and will never be finished on our part until our last breathe.

We can ask God to help us to pass an important exam but if we do not do the hard yards in studying for the exam, then the result will reflect the poor effort on our part.

The same is true with our redemption. There are hard yards that are needed from us before receiving the achievement of the wholeness God desires for us. At the final judgement we are judged as to whether we are righteous or not by Christ. Our wholeness is our benchmark as to whether or not we have reached the righteous that God desires of us, but a misstep at the very end may undo all of our effort to be wholly acceptable to God.

Our righteousness before God depends on how willing we are to walk in unison with God and how short our account is with Him. That is something that I need to continually work on. Keeping the ledger in the black, so to speak.

Shalom

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But we need to ask before we receive. A prayer for wholeness does have a whole lot of prerequisites in its achievement in that we have to renew our mind and then put on the refurbished personhood that God has desired for us from the beginning of time before we can be considered as having approached some form of wholeness. It will always be a work in progress and will never be finished on our part until our last breathe.

We can ask God to help us to pass an important exam but if we do not do the hard yards in studying for the exam, then the result will reflect the poor effort on our part.

The same is true with our redemption. There are hard yards that are needed from us before receiving the achievement of the wholeness God desires for us. At the final judgement we are judged as to whether we are righteous or not by Christ. Our wholeness is our benchmark as to whether or not we have reached the righteous that God desires of us, but a misstep at the very end may undo all of our effort to be wholly acceptable to God.

Our righteousness before God depends on how willing we are to walk in unison with God and how short our account is with Him. That is something that I need to continually work on. Keeping the ledger in the black, so to speak.

Shalom
Sounds like you have plenty to do for your Salvation with no rest. Could it be that Israel insisted in like manner on warfare with the Nations around them instead of trusting God's Salvation even through they experienced the overwhelming evidence of God's hand with the utter defeat of Egypt?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sounds like you have plenty to do for your Salvation with no rest. Could it be that Israel insisted in like manner on warfare with the Nations around them instead of trusting God's Salvation even through they experienced the overwhelming evidence of God's hand with the utter defeat of Egypt?

Sounds like you are missing something or just looking for something that I am missing in your responses.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
what is it you think I'm missing Jay?

As I said, Sounds, like you are missing something or just looking for something that I am missing in your responses. However, if I recall, we have had this type of conversation previously, possibly on another forum years ago.

Goodbye

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our righteousness before God depends on how willing we are to walk in unison with God

Just want to say that we are righteous before God due to Imputed Righteousness....Christ took our sins and gives us His righteousness.

However, we should grow as Christians and learn to walk in the Spirit. That is, yielding to the Holy Spirit in our lives....rather than stubbornly walking in our own ways. And we learn what is pleasing to the Lord by reading God's Word.

For example, God's Word says we are to forgive others. If we refuse to forgive, we are going against the Bible, God's Word.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I said, Sounds, like you are missing something or just looking for something that I am missing in your responses. However, if I recall, we have had this type of conversation previously, possibly on another forum years ago.

Goodbye
Why not engage? As to this conversation years ago elsewhere, I doubt it

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just want to say that we are righteous before God due to Imputed Righteousness....Christ took our sins and gives us His righteousness.

However, we should grow as Christians and learn to walk in the Spirit. That is, yielding to the Holy Spirit in our lives....rather than stubbornly walking in our own ways. And we learn what is pleasing to the Lord by reading God's Word.

For example, God's Word says we are to forgive others. If we refuse to forgive, we are going against the Bible, God's Word.

What does "walking in unison with the Lord" Look like? Is walking in the Holy Spirit the same as walking in unison with the Lord?

What does stubbornly walking in our own ways look like?

It seems to me that many attempt to make their righteousness dependant on the prescriptive procedures they can find without them taking responsibility for the decisions that they have and will make along the way in their walk with the Lord.

Many want the responsibility for their righteousness to remain with the Lord without any actions on their part.

Ezekiel 18 provides a picture of what happens if we will not repent of our shortcomings and sins.

Last night at a men's bible lecture by the pastor of the church that I am presently attending, a fellow member of the group spoke of His apparent righteousness. My response to his statement was that his Halo was a tad tarnished. Sadly, he arched up against what I had said, believing that he was a very good person indeed.

Indeed, I was taking the micky out of him but scripture states that if we believe we have no sin, then we are calling God a Lair.

Shalom