• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My niece's son Zak (Zachariah) is struggling a bit and under spiritual attack. My niece has been open to discussing faith and was unoffended by meal prayers and participated back when I was living in her basement. Her former husband is a professing Christian and consistently encouraged Zak to believe the Lord, sharing with him regularly. But Zak, in his second year of middle school, is at that early teen age where he's physically growing into a man, but not yet thinking like one. It's a time of new temptations and in public school, new peer pressure. His dad says he's been loosing some interest in Christianity and Zak's concerned about conflicting "voices" in his thoughts. I ask that you call on the Lord to strengthen him and all your sons and daughters coming of age, to resist temptation to conform to the world, and to receive the Lord by faith. Amen.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My niece's son Zak (Zachariah) is struggling a bit and under spiritual attack. My niece has been open to discussing faith and was unoffended by meal prayers and participated back when I was living in her basement. Her former husband is a professing Christian and consistently encouraged Zak to believe the Lord, sharing with him regularly. But Zak, in his second year of middle school, is at that early teen age where he's physically growing into a man, but not yet thinking like one. It's a time of new temptations and in public school, new peer pressure. His dad says he's been loosing some interest in Christianity and Zak's concerned about conflicting "voices" in his thoughts. I ask that you call on the Lord to strengthen him and all your sons and daughters coming of age, to resist temptation to conform to the world, and to receive the Lord by faith. Amen.

I will pray for Zach when I pray for one of my nieces as, she too is conflicted. Just turned 25 and is surely much more conformed to the world than not. Yet, she knows the truth and will still ask me questions.

Puberty is a very tough time, especially for the boys.
Prayers!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will pray for Zach when I pray for one of my nieces as, she too is conflicted. Just turned 25 and is surely much more conformed to the world than not. Yet, she knows the truth and will still ask me questions.

Puberty is a very tough time, especially for the boys.
Prayers!
Thank you. I've just prayed for your neice as well.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for Zak!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you brother. I noticed that you asked for prayer yourself in October. Is that issue resolved?
No, it continues unresolved. In spite of all their tests, the doctors still only have their best educated guesses. Fortunately, we serve a God who knows all things. Let us trust in Him!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it continues unresolved. In spite of all their tests, the doctors still only have their best educated guesses. Fortunately, we serve a God who knows all things. Let us trust in Him!
Absolutely, I just wanted to know if you were still in need of prayer for the situation.
I ask the Lord in faith to bring healing to your body, to shrink any mass in your body, and keep you in perfect health to the strength of your testimony and the glory of His name. Amen.

Reactions: Lambano and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely, I just wanted to know if you were still in need of prayer for the situation.
I ask the Lord in faith to bring healing to your body, to shrink any mass in your body, and keep you in perfect health to the strength of your testimony and the glory of His name. Amen.
Yes, prayer is still needed. Thank you! The women in my life will tell. My wife and my daughter are always right there by my side.
Give God the glory!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask that you call on the Lord to strengthen him and all your sons and daughters coming of age, to resist temptation to conform to the world, and to receive the Lord by faith. Amen.
May it be for Zak as you have said.

And Nancy, one prayer for your niece and one for you, that the Father give you the words to answer her questions.

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I often look at the teenage years as a transition from believing something because of what others are telling you to weighing it up for yourself …it often looks as if they are moving away, but the reality is that they are searching for themselves amongst all those questions. I realise it can be a worrying time with all the temptations, so of course all youngsters need prayers ……..but The Lord can and does draw many to him through all the questions and searching. Xx
Praying for Zac xx

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. Schizophrenia manifests at an early age. Around late teens to early 20's. It may not be a spiritual attack. So please keep that in mind. I will pray for him that he finds the cause of these voices and deals with them appropriately.

dominic

Jan 11, 2022
Okinawa, Japan
www.pureheart.page
Faith
Christian
Country
Japan

Dear Jesus, please help our children and family to believe in You. Please help Zak to put his full trust and convictions on You Jesus and on Your Word and thank you for the family that you have provided. In Jesus' name. Amen.

I also want to pray for my children too.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Jesus, please help our children and family to believe in You. Please help Zak to put his full trust and convictions on You Jesus and on Your Word and thank you for the family that you have provided. In Jesus' name. Amen.

I also want to pray for my children too.
Thank you.

Lord we ask that you use Dominic powerfully by your Spirit to minister truth to his children and that you provide other witnesses to them. We ask that you draw them to yourself, and prepare their hearts to receive you by faith, believing on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, the resurrection, and praying to receive your Spirit. Amen,

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm wondering if schizophrenia is caused by demonic influence.
Schizophrenia Brain Changes
"In some conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, areas of damage are visible on brain scans. This is not the case with schizophrenia. It is not currently possible to diagnose schizophrenia using brain imaging alone.

Instead, researchers look at abnormalities in the brain, which are common among people with schizophrenia and not common in people who do not have schizophrenia.

The brains of people with schizophrenia tend to be different in terms of total tissue volume and activity, specifically lower volumes of gray matter.1

These abnormalities are especially noticeable in the temporal and frontal lobes of the brain. Studies also suggest that the hippocampus (a structure in the temporal lobe that influences learning and memory) also presents differently in people with schizophrenia.2

Atrophy (loss of brain cells/shrinkage) of the hippocampus is among the most notable changes in the brains of people with schizophrenia"

How Does Schizophrenia Affect the Brain?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm wondering if schizophrenia is caused by demonic influence.
When I came down with schizophrenia. My wife then asked me to see a doctor. I wasn't open to the idea. Then God spoke to me with the Holy Ghost and said for me to see a doctor. I know it was God because he filled me with a powerful peace and love that lasted for hours. I saw a doctor and they put me on medication for the disease. After some time on the medication I realized that I was suffering from paranoia and hallucinations. The medication took that away. God did not tell me to get an exorcism or anything of the sort. Why is that?

Looking at the bible seems to reveal some of the nature of possessed. Like falling in fire and water and being fierce. I've dealt with schizophrenics for some time and I just don't see that behavior.

Reactions: dominic and amadeus

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Schizophrenia Brain Changes
"In some conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, areas of damage are visible on brain scans. This is not the case with schizophrenia. It is not currently possible to diagnose schizophrenia using brain imaging alone.

Instead, researchers look at abnormalities in the brain, which are common among people with schizophrenia and not common in people who do not have schizophrenia.

The brains of people with schizophrenia tend to be different in terms of total tissue volume and activity, specifically lower volumes of gray matter.1

These abnormalities are especially noticeable in the temporal and frontal lobes of the brain. Studies also suggest that the hippocampus (a structure in the temporal lobe that influences learning and memory) also presents differently in people with schizophrenia.2

Atrophy (loss of brain cells/shrinkage) of the hippocampus is among the most notable changes in the brains of people with schizophrenia"

How Does Schizophrenia Affect the Brain?
Great, but that doesn't rule out spiritual causation and never did. The spiritual effects the physical. That's the testimony of scripture.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I came down with schizophrenia. My wife then asked me to see a doctor. I wasn't open to the idea. Then God spoke to me with the Holy Ghost and said for me to see a doctor. I know it was God because he filled me with a powerful peace and love that lasted for hours. I saw a doctor and they put me on medication for the disease. After some time on the medication I realized that I was suffering from paranoia and hallucinations. The medication took that away. God did not tell me to get an exorcism or anything of the sort. Why is that?

Looking at the bible seems to reveal some of the nature of possessed. Like falling in fire and water and being fierce. I've dealt with schizophrenics for some time and I just don't see that behavior.
Perhaps because modern medication treats symptoms rather than causes and Jesus isn't walking around the world casting out spirits and healing the sick. My bachelors degree is in biological science and I took more than one class in physiology and have a reasonable grip on the subject (it was my intended course of study for a masters degree, but I decided not to attend after being accepted. )
Science analyzes cause and effect in biochemical terms, but rarely identifies root causes ( or why something happens). We understand the nature of genetic mutation and how it effects physiology, even the process, but not why one cell has a mutation while another doesn't. Science asserts that such events are random response to environmental mutagens, chemical agents, etc., but that still doesn't explain "why."
God is sovereign and in control of all things, but I know experientally, through the study of Chinese medical and martial philosophy, and through the word of God, that the spiritual effects the physical and not always for good.