• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great, but that doesn't rule out spiritual causation and never did. The spiritual effects the physical. That's the testimony of scripture.

Sometimes we have physical problems that we are born with or acquire later. We have to look at more than one thing. Could be spiritual, could be physical.
Stuff happens.
Different case but here is an example of physical stuff not seen.: When I was a kid, i remember hearing on TV about a guy who was shooting at some students from a high tower at the University of Texas--Charles Whitman. 14 people killed there, and before that, he killed his mother and his wife. Sounds like a good candidate for demon possession.Welp Here is what Google says about him:

"Charles Whitman lived a fairly unremarkable life until August 1, 1966, when he murdered 16 people including his wife and mother. ... His autopsy suggests one troubling explanation: Charles Whitman had a brain tumor pressing on his amygdala, a region of the brain crucial for emotion and behavioral control."

Stuff happens.

Reactions: dominic and Lambano

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes we have physical problems that we are born with or acquire later. We have to look at more than one thing. Could be spiritual, could be physical.
Stuff happens.
Different case but here is an example of physical stuff not seen.: When I was a kid, i remember hearing on TV about a guy who was shooting at some students from a high tower at the University of Texas--Charles Whitman. 14 people killed there, and before that, he killed his mother and his wife. Sounds like a good candidate for demon possession.Welp Here is what Google says about him:

"Charles Whitman lived a fairly unremarkable life until August 1, 1966, when he murdered 16 people including his wife and mother. ... His autopsy suggests one troubling explanation: Charles Whitman had a brain tumor pressing on his amygdala, a region of the brain crucial for emotion and behavioral control."

Stuff happens.
I understood your opinion, but I don't believe that anything people experience is random. I think that the "age of enlightenment" has made most the Earth's population into practical atheists.

Reactions: dominic and Curtis

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one said anything about random. I'm confused with this, and it is taking away from the purpose of this thread. So let's agree to continue praying for Zak.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Great, but that doesn't rule out spiritual causation and never did. The spiritual effects the physical. That's the testimony of scripture.
In the past I have studied some excellent scientific opinions with regard to schizophrenia which has at times affected members of my immediate and extended family.

From accredited scientifice evidence two things stand out as causes of schizophrenia:
  1. An inherited predisposition.
  2. An early childhood trauma.
Both of these can be linked to the demonic realm so Ephesians 6:12 applies.

Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When they hear voices, they’re hearing demons.
I'm inclined to believe this, but I'm also inclined to be believe that angels can do the same things demons are able to do, a bit like the cartoons with the little angel on one shoulder whispering in one ear, the little devil on the other. It's comical in the cartoons but God calls the angels "ministering spirits" that minister to those who will inherit salvation.
The idea found its way into the conscious mind of man. That doesn't make it true, but it could be.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm inclined to believe this, but I'm also inclined to be believe that angels can do the same things demons are able to do, a bit like the cartoons with the little angel on one shoulder whispering in one ear, the little devil on the other. It's comical in the cartoons but God calls the angels "ministering spirits" that minister to those who will inherit salvation.
The idea found its way into the conscious mind of man. That doesn't make it true, but it could be.

My point was that people who hear voices in their head, are actually hearing voices (of demonic beings), it’s not a chemical imbalance, or some physical problem, but a demonic problem. But secular science and psychiatry Will never admit that, and they’ll always try to find a natural cure for a supernatural problem.

In fact when I was about nine or 10 years old, I would occasionally hear a voice in my head telling me to harm myself, or someone else, but when I completely ignored the voice,, it went away, And stayed away.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My niece's son Zak (Zachariah) is struggling a bit and under spiritual attack. My niece has been open to discussing faith and was unoffended by meal prayers and participated back when I was living in her basement. Her former husband is a professing Christian and consistently encouraged Zak to believe the Lord, sharing with him regularly. But Zak, in his second year of middle school, is at that early teen age where he's physically growing into a man, but not yet thinking like one. It's a time of new temptations and in public school, new peer pressure. His dad says he's been loosing some interest in Christianity and Zak's concerned about conflicting "voices" in his thoughts. I ask that you call on the Lord to strengthen him and all your sons and daughters coming of age, to resist temptation to conform to the world, and to receive the Lord by faith. Amen.

praying...animated-praying-smiley-image-0017.gif

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My niece's son Zak (Zachariah) is struggling a bit and under spiritual attack. My niece has been open to discussing faith and was unoffended by meal prayers and participated back when I was living in her basement. Her former husband is a professing Christian and consistently encouraged Zak to believe the Lord, sharing with him regularly. But Zak, in his second year of middle school, is at that early teen age where he's physically growing into a man, but not yet thinking like one. It's a time of new temptations and in public school, new peer pressure. His dad says he's been loosing some interest in Christianity and Zak's concerned about conflicting "voices" in his thoughts. I ask that you call on the Lord to strengthen him and all your sons and daughters coming of age, to resist temptation to conform to the world, and to receive the Lord by faith. Amen.

Praying for Zak that the Father will draw him unto the Son to reveal His Son to him so he can believe in Him and be saved.