Prayer Request

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some background. I was in law enforcement for 16 years and have been the head of Security at a hospital for the last 14. I moved 5 years ago and drive an hour and 15 minutes to work. Last month the hospital fired the Emergency Management Director and told me I have to do this job too. Emergency Management is very detailed in a hospital and I can't realistically do both jobs. I have found a job where I live so I will not have the drive and this job actually pays more. But it will require a lot of walking and standing during 12 hour shifts. It's important that I do well at this job and I really need my leg to be pain free. When it flares up I have been putting DMSO on my back and leg and this helps. But I really need that next shot before I start and then I need the RFA. Prayers that the pain will stay away and that I do well at my job are appreciated. I know there are people that have bigger problems so I hope this doesn't sound selfish but I am trusting God for everything and I know how much prayer helps. Thank you
I did find the ice pack on my bag helped and talked to someone who has sciatica that said massage helps. Right now I have gotten relief from the epidural shot and DMSO is helping when there is a flare up. Thank you for the praters.
Wow, I never see people talk about DMSO (except for me). I deal with a lot of pain and DMSO certainly helps. Another thing that helps me is a CBD+camphor cream, and an arnica pain relief cream... especially if I use these together with DMSO.

Have you ever looked into red light therapy? I use that as well, as recommended by my chiropractor.

Praying for you.

Reactions: RLT63

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I never see people talk about DMSO (except for me). I deal with a lot of pain and DMSO certainly helps. Another thing that helps me is a CBD+camphor cream, and an arnica pain relief cream... especially if I use these together with DMSO.

Have you ever looked into red light therapy? I use that as well, as recommended by my chiropractor.

Praying for you.
I will have to try CBD camphor cream. Thanks for the info

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last year I started having a lot of leg pain. I thought I had pulled a muscle. Then the pain started to move around and my Doctor told me it was nerve pain. I had an MRI and I have several issues with my back but what is causing the most pain is arthritis pressing on nerves. I have had 2 epidural shots in my back and I have to have one more before I can have Radio Frequency Ablation. This will deaden the nerves for 6 months to a year. I have had trouble with my insurance company and have been held up getting the next shot. I am starting a new job in 3 weeks and will have better insurance. This job requires a lot of standing and walking. Please pray that the leg pain will not come back before I can get my next shot. I really need things to go well on this job. Please pray that I get the treatment I need, that I'm pain free and that I do well at my new job. My name is Randy. I believe in the power of prayer and I appreciate everyone that prays for me. Thank you
I just had that done and it didn't work for me. In fact I am worse off than before.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just had that done and it didn't work for me. In fact I am worse off than before.
You had RFA and it didn't work? Did they do some shots fired to determine if you were a candidate for RFA? My friend is having it done and it is working for him. I read that it can make your pain worse at first then start to work after 2 weeks. I pray that it starts working for you and that you get relief from your pain or that you find another treatment that works for you

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You had RFA and it didn't work? Did they do some shots fired to determine if you were a candidate for RFA? My friend is having it done and it is working for him. I read that it can make your pain worse at first then start to work after 2 weeks. I pray that it starts working for you and that you get relief from your pain or that you find another treatment that works for you
Thank you for your prayers..
I had the 2 epidural shots prior to the ablation. The epidural shots worked fine....the nerve ablation didn't do the same as the epidural shots. It's been a little over 2 weeks now for me. 09/27 is when I had mine done. So I am praying it starts working soon.

Reactions: RLT63 and TLHKAJ

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your prayers..
I had the 2 epidural shots prior to the ablation. The epidural shots worked fine....the nerve ablation didn't do the same as the epidural shots. It's been a little over 2 weeks now for me. 09/27 is when I had mine done. So I am praying it starts working soon.
My friend had to have the RFA three weeks in a row. They did them a week apart.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend had to have the RFA three weeks in a row. They did them a week apart.
They were going to do that to my back. But I didn't have any idea it would do any good. So I turned it down in exchange for physical therapy. But then I really didn't understand what they were going to do. I find it interesting and would love to hear if it works for you.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were going to do that to my back. But I didn't have any idea it would do any good. So I turned it down in exchange for physical therapy. But then I really didn't understand what they were going to do. I find it interesting and would love to hear if it works for you.
It's working for my friend. I may have an issue since I am changing jobs I will be changing health insurance. I'm hoping I can get the next epidural before I change jobs. Depending on my work schedule I may have to change Doctors as well. My Doctor only does the procedures the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month. He has offices in other cities.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last year I started having a lot of leg pain. I thought I had pulled a muscle. Then the pain started to move around and my Doctor told me it was nerve pain. I had an MRI and I have several issues with my back but what is causing the most pain is arthritis pressing on nerves. I have had 2 epidural shots in my back and I have to have one more before I can have Radio Frequency Ablation. This will deaden the nerves for 6 months to a year. I have had trouble with my insurance company and have been held up getting the next shot. I am starting a new job in 3 weeks and will have better insurance. This job requires a lot of standing and walking. Please pray that the leg pain will not come back before I can get my next shot. I really need things to go well on this job. Please pray that I get the treatment I need, that I'm pain free and that I do well at my new job. My name is Randy. I believe in the power of prayer and I appreciate everyone that prays for me. Thank you
I have taken some walks the last 2 days and there is soreness in the leg but it's okay. I'm going to try to walk for 30 minutes every day for the next 3 weeks to get ready for the job. I couldn't have done this before I had the epidural and I hope I can get another one before I start the new job. This is all very humbling. I used to lift weights and stayed in great shape. When I got married 5 years ago I had to sell all my equipment and then I had to drive an hour and 15 minutes to and from work so I stopped working out. I'm going to get back into it with light weights, bands and a Total Gym. The heavy squats I used to do probably contributed to my back problems so I won't be doing anything like that. I have lost 40 pounds and I need to lose 70 more to get to where I want to be. I have lost 80 pounds before and kept it off for 3 years but when I got married I gained it back and some more. Even when I lifted weights my weight was up and down and I would lose about 40 pounds every year to get ready for summer then gain it back. Losing the weight will help with my leg, make me feel better and help with my job. Thanks for all the prayers they are helping. I think this job is where God is leading me. I used to be a Youth Pastor and filled in for preachers all over my county and I think God is getting ready to use me in some way again.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I know that pain all too well. Collapsed disc in my lower back. The epidurals do help, but when the needle got that close to my spinal cord, it hurt like the very fires of Hell for about 10 seconds. I'll add my prayers to the others'.

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The standing be the best treatment for your back. The walking you say nerves . Muscle cramps included ? Could also be your circulation. How far can you generally walk without pain ? We keep you in our prayers ‍

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The standing be the best treatment for your back. The walking you say nerves . Muscle cramps included ? Could also be your circulation. How far can you generally walk without pain ? We keep you in our prayers ‍
It started like a pulled muscle. Then the pain started to move around. Then it would come and go. When it was bad I couldn't sleep and couldn't walk much at all. Since the last epidural I can walk for about 30 minutes and it just feels sore

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It started like a pulled muscle. Then the pain started to move around. Then it would come and go. When it was bad I couldn't sleep and couldn't walk much at all. Since the last epidural I can walk for about 30 minutes and it just feels sore
I had a back injury and experienced something like that in my back. It would cramp and the pain would move around. I was basically close to crippled for about a year. I had to take muscle relaxers and ibuprofen. I slowly started to exercise and it began to strengthen. I think as we get older things break down. I still have back pain but if I do my exercises it helps a lot and I'm more active.

You have arthritis though. And my spinal arthritis was mild and normal for my age. So I don't really know what helps with that. I'll just keep you in my prayers.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. The epidural shot helped and I think RFA will help if I can get that.
I had a back injury and experienced something like that in my back. It would cramp and the pain would move around. I was basically close to crippled for about a year. I had to take muscle relaxers and ibuprofen. I slowly started to exercise and it began to strengthen. I think as we get older things break down. I still have back pain but if I do my exercises it helps a lot and I'm more active.

You have arthritis though. And my spinal arthritis was mild and normal for my age. So I don't really know what helps with that. I'll just keep you in my prayers.

Reactions: dev553344

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok 30 mins walking it certainly not be vascular disease that be good news pulled muscles vary with time . The back problem perhaps one of those nagging problems that many have to endure to some degree. We continue to pray One day at a time ❤️