Prayer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I think that the more in depth prayer is a gift of God. And by that I mean what most Christian calls prayer in "tongues". I've been around people who've been praying in tongues, who've been filled with the Holy Ghost.This kind of prayer allows a person to pray longer and have a better communion with God compared normal prayer where you just speak to God.On a side note:Some of my closest friends received the Holy Ghost and the ability to pray in tongues.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT1. We believe the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a definite experience, not identical with conversion. When the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is received, unknown tongues will follow. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is given to endue the believer with power from on high; to give and to equip him for a practical, efficient, spirit-filled, soul-winning ministry and service. Inasmuch as this is the dispensation of the Holy Spirit, every believer has a right to expect His incoming to be after the same manner as recorded by the Word of God in Bible days.Scripture References: John 14:16; Acts 1:8; 2:4, 38-39; 10:44 -48, 19:62. Spirit - Filled Life -We believe that having received the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, the believer should experience a continual renewing of the power from on high. The Holy Spirit is as a gentle dove, easily grieved, wounded by coldness, prayerlessness, idle conversation, worldliness, and a judging, critical spirit. It is the will of God that we walk and abide in the Spirit.Scripture References: Eph. 4:30 -32; 5:18 ; Acts 4:31; I Cor. 3:I6-17; Gal. 5:16-25; I John 2:63. Gifts and Fruit of the Spirit - We believe that for the edification of the saints and the up building of the church of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit has the following gifts to bestow upon the individual believer: the word of wisdom, the word of knowledge, faith gifts of healing, working of miracles, prophecy, discerning of spirits, diverse kinds of tongues, and the interpretation of tongues, dividing to every man severally as He will. These gifts should be coveted earnestly by all spiritual believers and exercised in the spirit of love. We believe that the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long- suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, against such there is no law. These should be cultivated in the life of every believer.Scripture References: I Cor. 12:7-11, 31; Gal. 5:22-23; John 15:4, 84. Moderation - We believe that our moderation should be known to all men. The Christian should be sober, well balanced, and seasoned with love. His zeal should be governed by Godly wisdom.Scripture References: I Cor. 12:7-11, 31; Gal. 5:22-23; John 15:4, 8